...life can be translucent

Menu

Keeping online correspondence

marym

visitor
Reaction score
Hi there

I have been in touch with my old neighbour from childhood. We correspond on facebook quite a lot. He is married, so am I. There is no ulterior motive. Just friendship. We had a great friendship as kids and I love hearing from him and chatting to him on in box. Our Mothers were friends. Suddenly he has become quiet. I have pulled away a bit from writing too as I don't want to intrude in his life. I wonder if he too notices my absence. I was wondering how I could influence this or if the situation would change. I received the following:

The present is embodied in Hexagram 38 - K'uei (Opposition: Opposition

The first (bottommost) line, undivided, shows that occasion for repentance will disappear. He has lost his horses, but let him not seek for them - they will return of themselves. Should he meet with bad men, he will not err in communicating with them.

The second line, undivided, shows its subject happening to meet with his lord in a bye-passage. There will be no error.

The fourth line, undivided, shows its subject solitary amidst the prevailing disunion. He meets with the good man represented by the first line, and they blend their sincere desires together. The position is one of peril, but there will be no mistake.

The fifth line, divided, shows that occasion for repentance will disappear. With his relative and minister, he unites closely and readily as if he were biting through a piece of skin. When he goes forward with this help, what error can there be?

The future is embodied in Hexagram 20 - Kuan (Contemplation): He should be like the worshipper who has washed his hands, but not yet presented his offerings. There must be sincerity and an appearance of dignity, commanding reverent regard.

I interpret that there is opposition as he has a partner but this will change and he will continue to correspond.

Any ideas? Am I correct? Please help! Thanks!

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Opposition isn't the best translation for 38. It's more like divergence or disparity,
maybe growing apart or estrangement.
If you want to restore this relationship I think I'd focus on what the two of you
have most in common or the themes you find most relevant together.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).