...life can be translucent

Menu

Direction of my life - Hx. 62

elph

visitor
Reaction score
Hello friends.

At lot has changed in my life over recent months, some things as direct result of my own decisions and some as result of forces entirely out of my control.
For this reason I asked the Yi to provide me with a general image of my life's direction at present. I wanted to know if i am continuing in a positive direction, are my aspirations accceptable and will my means in attempting to acheive them succeed or have i strayed at all from the path.
In answer i received Hx 62.6 which i am not entirely certain about. I understand the need to focus on the small things but is the Hx warning against having any great aspirations? I am also a little concerned about the changing line for it seems to imply alot of negative outcomes.

I look forward to any help and insight you may have
happy.gif

bradford_h

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Elph
I'd say it at least says don't trust your own ideas of what a great aspiration is.
The line isn't saying you are behaving like this, or that you'll meet this fate.
It's saying that people who do act like this live inferior lives. So don't.
Say hi on the street. Pay attention to the little things because you are one.
"And above all, babies, be kind!"

bradford_h

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi again Elph-

An afterhought on 62.
The title of Hexagram 15 is fairly correctly translated as Modesty. But the lines of the text are careful to distinguish this from self-effacement, and particularly, the phony self-effacement of polite society. But given the name Modesty, it's an easy jump for lots of translators to interchange this wth the word Humility and then think that the subject is already covered in Hexagram 15. This is unfortunate because the subject of Humility is much better covered in Hexagram 62. Enough so that Humility could be its sub-title.

brad

PS That's not your self-portrait in your profile, is it? Someone's been sipping Ayahuasca.

elph

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Bradford, thanks for your response.

So... focus on the small, humble aims will eventually result in succes? Aiming for great things means great things being missed?

I cant get away from the feeling that the Hx seems to imply that perhaps im overreaching. Im not sure if this is in terms of genereal personal aspirations as to the person id like to be or if its referring more directly to my life at the moment. At present i'm attempting to work full time and also study for a full time post grad course at uni and so i am undoubtedly stretched. No surprises then that i found Karcher's interpretation of the changing line: "you overreach yourself... The time is wrong and the way is closed. Do not act like this." a little unnerving!!

By the way, unfortunately the picture in my profile is not a self portrait, im simply not quite that talented with a paint brush! About the Ayahuasca sipping though, im planning to travel to South America in February and so had a bit of a chuckle when i noticed that the relating Hx to my answer was Hx 56 The Wanderer, not sure if this is of any great significance but did make me smile.
happy.gif

bradford_h

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Elph-
Just like in 15, where Modesty can set armies in motion, the little bird in 62 can still fly pretty high. He can still have his lofty aspirations. He just can't live up there. Reaching is fine. The "over" in the overreaching that you speak of would thus not refer to how high you are able to soar, but only to things that compromise your ability to come back to earth. or be grounded in reality. So the recommendation is to be attentive to the realities While you are flying high. Don't lose sight of the details, the little things, the common courtesies, etc.
Have a great time in South America. But be especially attentive down there and don't go burning any nests. And stay away from that tea unless you want to look just like that picture.
b

elph

visitor
Reaction score
Some excellent advice and well received.

Thank you so much

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).