...life can be translucent

Menu

should I make peace with him? hex 7

eastern_girl

visitor
Reaction score
About a serious quarrel with a man: should I make peace with him? He did something wrong but I think I overreacted and said some things I regret. The kind of words that are hard to take back. The result was hex. 7 unchanging. Huh!?! :duh: I don't get Yi's advice, is it go to war or decide what you really want with this man and then do it? Some other opinions would help. Thank you.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
H7 could be seen as a group of people gathered around the general and become an organized corpse. Probably its how you read it , but I'm more inclined to focus on the word " generosity" and from that I could see that whatever you decide to do with him, apologizing for the things you regret might not be a bad idea. Apologizing its not something you do for him, you do it for you, i think.

It could happen to say words that you can't take back. Those time the only thing can be done is find a way to live with it. Usually the challenge is a test how united the Army is, how the water under the Earth (potential) can be preserved. Again , it needs a good general. You, him... you know better

Last edited:

eastern_girl

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your help, Anemos. I hadn't taken into consideration the generosity part, but it could also mean that, yes. For my own peace, I think I'm gonna do it anyway - apologise and try to reconcile with him.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
"Be open now and generous toward the feelings and needs of others. In this way you align yourself with humanity and increase your energies and resources." That is what R.L. Wing says regarding hex 7 unchanging. Using that interpretation in my own life, I have found it to be accurate.

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
or decide what you really want with this man and then do it? .

This one. You can be who you want to be here. 7 is versatile that way.
It might help to confess to the overreaction and maybe explain what triggered it.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
But since it is in the lower rather than the upper trigram, it represents not the ruler but the efficient general, who maintains obedience in the army by his authority.

I like a lot what Wilhelm says in the quote above and how he distinguishes the ruler from the efficient general. Sometimes I hear that general saying ( or from his saying you can hear) " I stand correct" . which doesn't mean always I'm right you are wrong just that for the things I'm responsible I do the right thing and probably this is the reason "soldiers" gather around him. That could apply for the people outside us or the rebels inside us.

Good luck with whatever you choose :)

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious if you connect that with the underground waters of hex 7

Hadn't thought that through but that's good. Less than fully conscious triggers. We marshal our defenses according to our perceptions of dangers or threats, not necessarily from the dangers or threats themselves. Water or affect would take the route that it is given.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
yes, indeed.

was looking at Wilhelm's texts and this sentence " It requires a strong man who captures the
hearts of the people and awakens their enthusiasm.made me think an interview of Jung about Hitler.

Out of my head , I reacal talking about primitive societies and two king of "strong men". The Chieff and the Medicine Man. Hitler, he believed, was not a chief as he had not those traits but the medicine man whose power was the power projected on him. iow, he was the mirror of the German's unconscious; he expressed their feelings and thoughts.
Unconsious as that exists beneath the level of consciousnesses and the imaginary of the underground waters seems apt.

They say that the true leader is led. Accornig to Jung H , by having access to his unconscious and the collective one was led by it. He was just a vessel and probably that was a reason people gathered around him; for them was the medicine man, the Messiah, the Savor.

Here , a political party has emerged the recent years and gains a lots of grounds despite the fastistic ideas and actions. Its unfortunate to see how easily "peasants" become "soldiers". Whilhelm's commentaries in his h7-the image section , especially the " people are sheltered by the government" rings true , putting aside the nobiity or not of that " goverment" , the good or bad...

I guess there is a lot to say about this side of h7 , wars, obedience and such but I wish not to hijack-more- this thread but those thoughts were floating in my mind for some time and your phrase I quted befor caught my attention. Most of the times , the default mode, is to think from the general's perspective and how to organize our army but what about the peasants/soldiers part of equation? it begs the question ;"to what we attach outselves to? " ... Those invisible bonds , in Wilhelm's words.

rambling over...

eastern_girl

visitor
Reaction score
Update: done it, we made peace. He accepted my apologies but was a bit cold. We decided not to go on with this relationship, but at least now we can talk. I asked the Yi what was important for me to know about his feelings at this moment (I know, tricky question, but since we had a disscusion very recently, I think we both have new and mixed feelings ): hexagram 29.2 to 8. Talking about water....

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).