...life can be translucent

Menu

Hard work or luck?

meganj

visitor
Reaction score
Have I worked for this or is it luck?
17.3.5>55

I have noticed a pattern in my life just only within the past couple years. A period of hardship and difficulties then a period of ease. It's usually in the winter I have a hard time, then in the summer things get much easier and I am much much more happier.
Have I improved a lot within myself to get to this point of happiness that I am experiencing or is it a false illusion... Am I experiencing luck?
I have work tomorrow so hopefully I can get back to this post and say some more. I may be busy though...
Feel free to post any replies in the mean time. Thanks xx.

Megan

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Can't help but notice the different feelings during winter & summer and the Sun of h55 :) and the importance of sunshine
they is an aspect of "luck" in 55 if we take account the story behind that hex , according to some scholars. The reading over all talks about a focused effort but I wouldn't eliminate the luck factor. What is " luck" is a big discussion; could be random/pure or opportunities utilized. My feeling is the reading embraces both of them , and sounds like "well done!"

M

mirian

Hi Megan,

17.3.5 really sounds to me as achieving things on merit. I think that it is a combination of what you have worked (hard) for and the (right) choices you have made. But I agree that it is a very nice "well done" and the sunshine helps ;)

gene

visitor
Reaction score
We must be aware that throughout our life there are natural cycles. These conform to natural cycles of the stars and planets in relationship to our birth time. I have a similar cycle in that Decembers are almost always very hard times for me, about three months before my birthday. But in late March and April things shift and life goes quite well. There are variations of this as cycles change and are influenced by bigger and bigger cycles.

Hexagram fifty five has as one of its major themes cycles. We are at the height of our power and influence, but make use of the time because every advance is followed by a decline. The entire system of the I Ching is based on one level on the advice and information as to where we are in a given cycle. Sometimes it is time to withdraw, sometimes advance. Sometimes we must save, sometimes we should buy. In the spring we plant and in the fall we harvest. All based on natural cycles.

But this is necessary in life because we cannot count on the harvest without plowing. So we must always work to improve our lot. So in answer to your question, luck or merit, it is both. In reality there is no such thing as luck. But it will seem that way to us in a given lifetime. The commentary on line three is such that as long as he or she is doing what is right and necessary, they will find what they need. This is because there is a spiritual principle in the universe that makes the law effective. Therefore, when we do what is right (cling to the strong man) we find that fate is on our side. Therefore line five says, "Sincere in the good, good fortune."

Gene

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
The smarter and harder I work, the luckier I get.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).