...life can be translucent

Menu

Splitting a Hexagram into Three instead of Two

satsujin

visitor
Reaction score
Hi folks,

First time poster here so please be gentle. I recently became interested in exploring Trinities after a personal spiritual experience. Not the Christian one but much closer to the Hindu Trimurthi. I don't find dualities complete because e.g. for Life, we don't just have birth and death, but also Growth in-between.
So I tried splitting a hexagram into 3 parts of lesser/greater yin/yang lines instead of 2 trigrams. My criteria for this was as follows:
- lines 3 and 4 always alternate
- for the top 2 and bottom two line pairs:
- lines 1 and 6 alternate and lines 2 and 5 alternate OR
- lines 1 and 5 alternate and lines 2 and 6 alternate
This setup matched the theme for an opposing tops and bottoms and a center. This matched the concept of a trinity made up of 2 opposing elements and 1 central one that I was looking for. I came up with the following hexagrams:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwFkLKl-Yz6KSHJtMzZRdHlFM3M/edit?usp=sharing

Can anyone tell me if there is any significance to these hexagrams or if something more can be revealed by them?
Thanks....

satsujin

visitor
Reaction score
Strange...what happens when you try? It loads fine for me.
However, I am also in the process of making some additions to the document. Instead of having lines 3 and 4 always alternate I am also adding the hexagrams where they stay the same. This gives me another 6 for a total of 12 opposing pairs. If you can't load the document, I'll just write down the hexagram numbers from the King Wen arrangement:
Those are all the ones with same center. Here are the ones where they alternate:
All pairs are opposites. If the hexagram numbers are not enough info, I can add the names but that might vary for everyone based on their translation.

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I've written a few things about this in a Yijing book downloadable at the link below, Volume 2, P. 24, San Cai, the Three Powers, which will be occupied by the Si Xiang or Four Emblems..

satsujin

visitor
Reaction score
I've written a few things about this in a Yijing book downloadable at the link below, Volume 2, P. 24, San Cai, the Three Powers, which will be occupied by the Si Xiang or Four Emblems..
bradford, that would be highly interesting to me but there was no link in the post

satsujin

visitor
Reaction score
I'm sorry, pocossin, I don't know what your problem could be. I'm pretty sure you dont need Excel to preview them though. I'm posting the hexagrams here in text for pocossin. I'll understand if the post is deleted due to its size. These are only the hexagrams without a stable center. There are 6 more:

11 Peace 12 Stagnation
__ __ ______
__ __ ______
__ __ ______
______ __ __
______ __ __
______ __ __

17 Following 18 Decay
__ __ ______
______ __ __
______ __ __
__ __ ______
__ __ ______
______ __ __

21 Biting Through 48 The Well
______ __ __
__ __ ______
______ __ __
__ __ ______
__ __ ______
______ __ __

47 Exhaustion 22 Grace
__ __ ______
______ __ __
______ __ __
__ __ ______
______ __ __
__ __ ______

53 Development 54 Marrying Maiden
______ __ __
______ __ __
__ __ ______
______ __ __
__ __ ______
__ __ ______

63 After Completion 64 Before Completion
__ __ ______
______ __ __
__ __ ______
______ __ __
__ __ ______
______ __ __

satsujin

visitor
Reaction score
Damn, looks like the webpage doesnt support tabs. Go aheadand delete it. It looked ok in the quick reply box.

satsujin

visitor
Reaction score
Hey folks, sorry for the delay. Logged out and couldn't find my password to login again

Bradford, your document was interesting if a little disappointing. After reading Intro to Scales, it made me think I was seeing patterns where there weren't any simply due to the power of the human brain. The San Cai seemed to focus on more human elements of trinity. In fact, beyond scales of four, the elements did not seem to match nature much. And the elements mentioned in four could be merged into a trinity.

I haven't discarded my spiritual experience completely because of what I read in your document. I still stand by the nature of the triads I discovered because they are not a random three but are all most all elements occurring naturally in nature and have the form of opposing and central(DNA,biopolymers,blood cells,Life forms,Light Spectrum, Carbon Isotopes etc.).

However, I have decided to make a greater effort to follow the spiritual message rather than try to find confirmation in the world today for the nature of the spirits that were revealed to me. I know, I'm a nutjob for listening to voices in my head but spiritual experiences can be very powerful.

satsujin

visitor
Reaction score
Hey folks, sorry for the delay. Logged out and couldn't find my password to login again

Bradford, your document was interesting if a little disappointing. After reading Intro to Scales, it made me think I was seeing patterns where there weren't any simply due to the power of the human brain. The San Cai seemed to focus on more human elements of trinity. In fact, beyond scales of four, the elements did not seem to match nature much. And the elements mentioned in four could be merged into a trinity.

I haven't discarded my spiritual experience completely because of what I read in your document. I still stand by the nature of the triads I discovered because they are not a random three but are all most all elements occurring naturally in nature and have the form of opposing and central(DNA,biopolymers,blood cells,Life forms,Light Spectrum, Carbon Isotopes etc.).

However, I have decided to make a greater effort to follow the spiritual message rather than try to find confirmation in the world today for the nature of the spirits that were revealed to me. I know, I'm a nutjob for listening to voices in my head but spiritual experiences can be very powerful.

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Satsujin,

Not sure what you are trying to demonstrate. I find if confusing... Most likely it is my diminishing attention span but some clarity would help. Would you please elaborate further about your "triads"?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).