...life can be translucent

Menu

What is the block? 55.3.4>24

aiyana

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

Have you ever had those months where it seems like nothing you are trying to move forward is going anywhere?

- All year I've been trying to find a reputable teacher in an esoteric subject that has very little information in English. Of the three I chose two are down with serious illnesses and the third isn't teaching this year. Of my 2 back-ups, one only teaches in person in another country, and the last who is at least somewhat accessible has turned out not to be a good teacher.

- I rescued a dog at the holidays and am trying to find him a companion. I've contacted 2 rescue shelters and things haven 't worked out for one reason or another. I even found the original litter my dog came from and the woman who cares for them is too attached to give up one of the sisters he is bonded to ...

- And I'm trying to get a raise at work. Since bringing this up with my employer he has managed to literally dodge any opportunity to discuss this further, to the point of avoiding being one-on-one for 6 weeks now.

I asked the Yi 'What is blocking my progress?' 55.3.4>24

It seems the Yi is reflecting my question back at me, or I'm missing the obvious which is glaring from my blind spot. I'm not inspiring others enough (Line 3)? Makes sense, I don't have much patience with people who expect the dog & pony show ... it feels demeaning especially now that I'm pushing 40 :eek:uch: and I'm naive I suppose in believing my actions should speak for themselves. Line 4 seems to refer directly to my question - 'Meet your enemy...sometimes the things that hold us contain the energy to give us the strength to go on.' Hex's 55 &24 ... acting to achieve the small ambitions described above, and 24 my daily practice of turning inward.

This response feels like a ride on a Möbius strip. :brickwall:

And then I remember, ultimately all of it is just a ride... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
Hi aiyana :)

yep, I think Yi is reflecting the situation back at you, what with 55.3 blinding you, leaving you with your hands tied (or 'broken' in this case), looking for a meeting with the hidden lord, the reason for all this (55.4). Yet I find your reading encouraging. 55 is not a time for giving up or feeling despondent and, although hectic, it's the high point of a cycle, mid-noon and time to 'be not sad'.

Saying that, I know how frustrating is to be ready to get going yet being held back by circumstances beyond my control - heck, I'm going thru such a period these past few weeks :rant:. But time works in mysterious ways and looks not on our demands; perhaps it's not yet time for you to study the subject you desire - all the mishaps with the teachers certainly sound like it. And maybe mating your dog now would distract a different opportunity down the line. I'm not a huge fan of 'everything happens for a reason', yet sometimes we need to let go of our plans and see in the bigger picture what the time allows or urges. The story behind 55 is exactly that: leaving aside traditional ways of progressing (mourning rituals, in that case) and seizing the opportunities as these appear - it often happens also that in 55, such opportunities (perhaps the 'hidden lords' of line 4?) first appear as accidents, or omens of bad luck . .

24 is a gentle reminder that you can find all you really need in your vicinity, in a small circle where things brew and prepare for new growth. My view on this is: make lemonade out of lemons and just enjoy the ride ;)

cornucopia

visitor
Reaction score
Hello aiyana,

Hexagram 55 line 3 - You are getting cross messages and you suffer an injury of somekind. It is not too serious and you soon recover.

Line 4 - You are in the dark about some things. You are obstructed. Confusion and lies. When you understand what is going on you will see the confusion and you will see the light.

Hexagram 24 - No worries things will be back to normal soon. A renewal. You will get back on track.

aiyana

visitor
Reaction score
Maybe the hidden opportunity is to be more self-reliant, at least in the case of the teacher & employer challenges.... it may be a token gesture, but last night I ordered flashcards to wrap my head around a demented-looking new alphabet. And contacted a recruiter as under-earning should be a last resort. :D

Good luck with your circumstances Rodaki. I too love 'be bright like the noonday sun', especially when viewed from a glider, a lovely feeling. My all-time favorite pithy aphorism is 'The only constant is change'. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the positive spin, cornucopia. 55.4 has come up a few times regarding my job and it is indeed a situation shrouded in obscurity, from job description to compensation to the dangled cherry of growth opportunities ... of course my latest email addressing these has gone unanswered. Am keeping my fingers crossed for that renewal.

Time will tell ;)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).