...life can be translucent

Menu

62.1.5 > 49

mezzamare

visitor
Reaction score
I asked about troubles I am having in a few of my family/friend relationships lately. It's interesting, because as I was asking, I realized that I have an overwhelming sense of disappointment in these three relationships... which I realize exists only because I am fostering expectations.

Anyways, asked "Why are my relations so difficult right now?"
Got the answer 62.1.5 > 49.

Bradford's descriptions on 62 give me this sense of a really tamped down, blahish day. "Nothing great is happening here, everything's just kind of trying to get by." Am I understanding this correctly? I noted that one of his key words/phrases for this hex was "lowering expectations." Diagnosis confirmed, I guess.

But the lines have me a little confused. Is this advice on how to temper my own expectations? And 49 really has me thrown for a bit of a loop. How does revolution come out of the quiet, cowering and grey day that 62 seems to describe?

Thanks,
-m

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Why are my relations so difficult right now?
62.1.5 > 49

I think your relations are difficult because you do not know yourself. For your spirit to ascend (the flying bird), you need to make changes. Meng has a great observation somewhere about the importance of having shoes polished when in sales. It's true. A small change in appearance can make a great change in relationships. Maybe for you this would mean a new hairdo, new clothes or shoes, fingers or nails polished, a change in diet, if you need to loose a little weight -- whatever. When you look better, you feel better, and things go better for you. None of this is a matter of expense. Bradford on line 5:

Thick clouds but no rain
From our western horizon
Even the prince hunts with tethered arrows
Preferring that quarry inside the cave

Tethered arrow are arrows are not lost when shot. With small, inexpensive changes, the casting suggests that your relationships can be improved.

mezzamare

visitor
Reaction score
Pocossin,

Thanks so much for your insights, I always appreciate your perspective on these questions.

Your answer is intriguing to me, since I would absolutely agree that my self-knowledge is lacking somewhat. I'm in a period of gnothi seauton right now, after running a 6-year gauntlet of focusing exclusively on raising small kids!

Part and parcel of that have been some major physical changes for me this year. I've lost 50lbs, gotten a new haircut, have started focusing on my makeup and appearance again. I honestly don't know that I've looked better in maybe 10 years. So if physical appearance plays into this (which it well may), I'm not sure exactly how.

Changes for the better emotionally/mentally/spiritually I can imagine for sure. I wish getting into closer touch with our inner selves was as easy as losing a heapload of weight!!

newlife123

visitor
Reaction score
Its because they are losers and drama queens and feed off of your blood. Your clarity neither gives them solutions nor piece of mind but more fuel for drama and excuses.
When we see that people choose ignorance and make no effort to contact easily accessible excellence we can understand why their lives are perpetual struggle.
So will we be tolerant, open-minded, and passive about having our time wasted by fools? Either approach reveals your relation to life.

C

casstone

Oh my..! I just asked how a certain person sees me/thinks of me in general or what I represent to that person and got these same hexagrams, 62.1.5 - 49
..I sure hope the person doesn't see me the way newlife123 described!!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).