...life can be translucent

Menu

what does this guy want from me 32.1.2 to 55

val75

visitor
Reaction score
Okay so I asked 'what does this guy want from me?' and got 32.1.2 >55. I've gone through other people's posts and the reading appears to be quite auspicious. Any thoughts?:rolleyes:

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
Oh Val...

"what does this guy want from me?"
Well loosely interpreted, to love you long time in an entirely inappropriate manner, just because... Until all his past hurting and pain goes away.

>55
He wants from you... Everything!

- LL

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
He wants to establish with you a deep and lasting relationship entirely too quickly, and for there to be no negative consequences from this.

val75

visitor
Reaction score
Lol

hmm...that's not such a bad thing given I feel the same!

oh val...

"what does this guy want from me?"
well loosely interpreted, to love you long time in an entirely inappropriate manner, just because... Until all his past hurting and pain goes away.

>55
he wants from you... Everything!

- ll

val75

visitor
Reaction score
He wants to establish with you a deep and lasting relationship entirely too quickly, and for there to be no negative consequences from this.

Interesting... does hexagram 32 suggest marriage?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
.....the thing is the question pre supposes he wants something..What if he doesn't ? Then in asking this question Yi's hands are metaphorically tied.

Then interpretations are applied to what he might be thinking...which isn't fair to him at all these are just stranger's guesses....and now you are onto marriage.

Before you ask further I just recommend you get a grounding in the reality by talking to the guy.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think a good proportion of the time in questions of others intentions...which can only be loosely guessed at anyway, the likelihood is the answer will be reflecting or questioning your own intentions.

Yi isn't primarily a mind reading tool and if you think it is you can get quite lost in imagining someone thinks or feels something they don't at all. Later down the line you might wonder 'why did Yi give me the wrong answer ?'. It didn't it's just not all about getting the advantage though mind reading, it's for your growth and development.

That's just my view feel free to disregard.

If you have already seen this please ignore. It might help.

http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/frie...42-Blog-post-Advice-for-relationship-readings

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Okay so I asked 'what does this guy want from me?' and got 32.1.2 >55. I've gone through other people's posts and the reading appears to be quite auspicious. Any thoughts?:rolleyes:

okay since I've given my opinion here is my version FWIW

This is about your motive in asking the question. You are in a hurry for things to be settled in terms of what this relationship is. That is the 32.1. It's you not him IMO. Think about your motive in asking the question ? It was to settle things wasn't it ? Yi will most often address your motive because it's you who are your business.

I could be wrong and on this occasion it may be about him, it is possible, but at least try to have an awareness it can be about your motive in asking the question.

So 32.1 you want to know where you stand but it's too soon, you have to see how things go. 32.2 well things can progress very well if you don't try to pigeonhole anything too soon. 55...it is hard to see what is happening here as there are so many signals, it is like it's all coming at once. But the main thing is for you not to try to make this relationship fit a category just yet. To try to do that would be damaging to the relationship.

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
Trojan, maybe in your world men do not want anything! Respectfully, it is you that is presupposing - that the Yi would not answer her directly, as you often assume in man - woman questions it seems. I wonder if this is because of your philosophical views? For example the Oriental religious view is that desire leads to suffering, so desire is to be viewed with suspicion as a selfish thing that binds us to the wheel of Karma, thus we should try to eliminate desire to avoid suffering. So therefore rather than answer her directly the Yi would look at her as having a problem in her desire that needs addressing?

But human beings were created to want and need things, desire is an innate thing that is supposed to lead us towards our highest creative potential. What's your passion? You cannot create without desire, not a relationship, a society, a business, a song or anything else. In my view being aware of one's desires and arranging them in proper order is the real spiritual real challenge. But you cannot eliminate desire, it is part of our human blueprint.

Anyway the Yi could have easily said the man just wants to be friends, a brother, just co worker, part of the mass of humanity. Or that he does not regard or think of her at all.
She asked what HE wanted - the Yi said some specific things. I think it is convoluted to assume her emotional state required the Yi to be deliberately obtuse and talk about her problems instead of answer the question. Occam's razor says the simplest most direct answer is the correct one - that's pretty resonant with the concept of Dao to me.

- LL

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
. if you read my post I say Yi may well be answering the question directly but is always worth considering the possibility that it isn't. I said this

I could be wrong and on this occasion it may be about him, it is possible, but at least try to have an awareness it can be about your motive in asking the question.

My comments have nothing to do with any religious views, you misunderstand me. I am only speaking from experience. I have often noted when asking of others motives, feelings etc that the answer makes no sense if taken directly. For example I recall an occasion of asking this where I felt insecure about someone's motives, asked and got 22.5, It dawned on me my reason for asking was mysense of not being worthy in the relationship, having only a small role of silk. It was far more helpful to me to uncover my own feelings than go rooting around trying to pin that on him. As it was I had no reason to feel insecure.

So no my comments aren't due to oriental philosophy and I have no wish to eliminate desire. Life wouldn't be much fun without that would it.

But everyone answers from their personal philosophy and it's worth looking at your own. You say you think I have an oriental view, might yours be a stereotypically North American or European view view .... that all questions will be answered directly ? But I feel if we want to interpet Yi adequately we have to at least entertain the possibility it does not always answer directly, keep an open mind on it. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. That is my experience. It gives me what I need to know,it doesn't necessarily always 'obey orders' for information on others.

She asked what HE wanted - the Yi said some specific things. I think it is convoluted to assume her emotional state required the Yi to be deliberately obtuse and talk about her problems instead of answer the question. Occam's razor says the simplest most direct answer is the correct one - that's pretty resonant with the concept of Dao to me.

you think Yi said this ;

Well loosely interpreted, to love you long time in an entirely inappropriate manner, just because... Until all his past hurting and pain goes away.

>55
He wants from you... Everything!

- LL

and my interpretation was this

So 32.1 you want to know where you stand but it's too soon, you have to see how things go. 32.2 well things can progress very well if you don't try to pigeonhole anything too soon. 55...it is hard to see what is happening here as there are so many signals, it is like it's all coming at once. But the main thing is for you not to try to make this relationship fit a category just yet. To try to do that would be damaging to the relationship.

Well from my POV your interpretation seems more convoluted than mine but I guess both are equally valid as our personal takes on the answer. Even though I would disregard yours and you would disregard mine, we are both entitled to share our views here.

As for the question he may not want anything from her he may just enjoy her company, or, well who knows. Hopefully he will make it clear at some point

val75

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for your insights and responses, I am fairly new to the Yi and I value both your opinions, so I will take all advice on board.

x:bows:

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
Trojan, thank you for your patience. ;) I have certainly had indirect responses from the Yi.
But when it is an initial question, not question number 9 in a string of frenzied casts made when upset, and a _direct question_, not one that can be answered with "well look at it this way," and deeply heartfelt with clear energy to boot - then the Yi will answer directly in my experience, and it will be easy to read.

Sure I can understand how one's experiences color one's readings. And often people here digress pretty far from the actual Yi casting to play "Dear Abby", more than once I have observed people's personal angst creeping into their interpretations, based on knowing a bit about them from reading these forums. But the clearer the question, the clearer the answer I think.

I had little fun with it because Val was so excited. Val's energy was direct and clear. It did not seem like a cautionary answer to me at all. And I like to see (young?) people happy, I get tired of old people being wags all the time and throwing cold water on people's enthusiasm.

- LL

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
Trojan, thank you for your patience. ;) I have certainly had indirect responses from the Yi.
But when it is an initial question, not question number 9 in a string of frenzied casts made when upset, and a _direct question_, not one that can be answered with "well look at it this way," and deeply heartfelt with clear energy to boot - then the Yi will answer directly in my experience, and it will be easy to read.

Sure I can understand how one's experiences color one's readings. And often people here digress pretty far from the actual Yi casting to play "Dear Abby", more than once I have observed people's personal angst creeping into their interpretations, based on knowing a bit about them from reading these forums. But the clearer the question, the clearer the answer I think.

I had little fun with it because Val was so excited. Val's energy was direct and clear. It did not seem like a cautionary answer to me at all. And I like to see (young?) people happy, I get tired of old people being wags all the time and throwing cold water on people's enthusiasm.

- LL

How's that glass house working out for you hun? :freak: ;)

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
PG, regarding the highlighted text you think shows a slant (glass house) of mine, people are suggestible. No one who reads for anyone should be quick to give any kind of reading a wording that might interfere with a person's Dao, like a fortune teller saying they see death in your future. Nevertheless when a reading suggests something that is cautionary or less than inspiring to me, I do try to carefully bring it up. Many will decide major life issues over readings of various kinds. Now I don't think this is a good idea, I think it is a spiritual trap to use the Yi or astrology or anything else to decide for you, or as an excuse for a decision one does not want to take personal responsibility for. The Yi is a tool to better take personal responsibility in my view, and not intended as a way of avoiding it, claiming that one was only doing what Heaven told one to.

Reading for me is like when I deal with my children, I try to maintain a state of grace and transcend my issues with clean, beautiful clothes so to speak, not express anything that might imprint my own bitterness or hard feelings into their consciousness. And one can't hear very well for the person you reading for when your own inner voice is speaking loudly either.

It took a lot to discover what my Parent's generation went through during WWII. It was a lot, racism, losing everything, internment, my Aunt seeing the orange mushroom cloud, my Uncle liberating Dachau. Because they had decided to let their pain die with them, and not pass it on to us by talking about it. There is a certain wisdom in that concept, I think. But then that is my personal bias.

- LL

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).