...life can be translucent

Menu

Law of Attraction ask, believe, and receive

gretemarie

visitor
Reaction score
Okay, being new and trying to learn, I asked a question that didn't have as much of an emotional charge as the one I had posted previously.
I simply asked the Yi "How do I ask my Higher Power properly for XYZ?"
received: hexagram 33 unchanging
I interpret that to mean let it go after asking.
So, I then asked a question to clarify "Please confirm or deny: does that mean to ask and then let go?"
received: hexagram 60.5 > 19
line 5 says: sweet limitation brings good fortune. going brings esteem.
I interpret that to mean yes, that is the proper way to ask because I limit my "handling" of what I ask for "sweetly" (with faith) and don't worry about it and just be confident that my prayer is answered.
So then I asked "Am I (presently) in alignment with my Higher Power that I may ask, believe, and receive?"
received: hexagram 45.4,5 > 2
I interpret that to mean a yes with a solution on how I am to handle any doubts that might come up.
line 4: great good fortune. No blame
That's the line that says "yes" in my interpretation of it.
line 5: If in gathering together one has position, this brings no blame. If there are some who are not yet sincerely in the work, sublime and enduring perseverance is needed. Then remorse disappears.
I take this line to mean that as long as I have strong faith,(has position) I am in alignment and that when doubt creeps in(those who are not yet sincerely in the work) to exercise my will (sublime and enduring perseverance is needed)to dispel any doubt. then remorse disappears(success).

Am I way out in left field or am I starting to get a real feel for the Yijing?

G

goddessliss

Am I way out in left field or am I starting to get a real feel for the Yijing?

Gretemarie - I think you've got it right, I would have interpreted this reading the same way.
Hex 33 though I would use that as withdrawing into silence, as in meditation. A great place to 'feel' things.

- Liss

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
What in this "new age" is called "the law of attraction" used to be called casting a spell, in which there were three parts - collecting energy, visualizing the aim and casting or letting go completely. You need to let go completely and walk away, forget what you've done - not sit there with your hands a twitching, waiting to receive. As Shakespeare's witches put it: "Peace, sisters, the charm's wound up."

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
"How do I ask my Higher Power properly for XYZ?"
received: hexagram 33 unchanging

That's essentially praying for something. Mat 6:5,6 has something to say about 33 and prayer.

“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
If you said only one prayer in your life, "Thank you" would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
If you said only one prayer in your life, "Thank you" would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

Nice and meaningful saying. But hardly all-encompassing.

Prayer is a skill, which is to be practiced continuously. It just depends how you define prayer.

Once again, bias and semantics trip up the self-proclaimed master, who can not put forth his assertions without first demeaning others. Well, nobody's perfect.

Reminds me of a Priest, Rabbi and Pastor joke from long ago. After all dying in the same plane crash, they woke in heaven. The Protestant and the Rabbi stood together. Looking over, the pastor asks the Rabbi, why is the Priest way over there? The Rabbi said, sshhh... he thinks he's the only one here.

There's more to prayer than thank you, just like there's more to communicating with people than thanking them. Communication with God/Goddess is Communion with God/dess. There are all kinds of prayers. Praying unselfishly is pure, but asking for things is no more a sin than asking Yi for an answer. It's all from the same source, same well. Some are just picky about using the "proper" cup.

Last edited:

gretemarie

visitor
Reaction score
I wanted to see how the Yijing would answer me. Testing I suppose. The Law of Attraction stuff is all over the place....wanted to see how the Yi responded. I don't claim to know the Holy Bible by heart or anything but certain verses have permanently stuck in my head. I sometimes read at church on Sundays and I remember some readings long after I read them and some I don't remember at all. Anyway, when I first heard a friend of mine talking about the whole LOA thing and it made me uncomfortable. I recalled a reading from the Letter to the Hebrews...11:1 to be exact. Well I thought that LOA's "visualization technique" could be "borrowed" from Hebrews 11:1 which says "Faith is the realization of what is hoped for and evidence of things not seen." And then a verse from the Gospel when Jesus says "Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive." Sorry, I can't rattle off which Gospel, chapter, or verse for that one, but it's one the verses that stuck in my head so therefore it's correct. Anyway, not only am I trying to learn the Yijing and how the Yi speaks and how I interpret what it's saying, but I am also testing the Yijing and hopefully with practice I will be able to discern what the hexagrams and more specifically the lines are saying. My sole intention for posting this question was (and still is) to learn what the Yi is saying and how the Yijing works, not to offend anyone or to be pro someone's personal faith or against someone's personal faith.
Bradford, thank you is a beautiful prayer. 20+ years ago someone passed a beautiful prayer on to me and I want to pass it on to you.
God, thank you for what you've given me, today. Thank you, for what you've taken away. And thank you for what I have left. Thank you for listening. Thy Will, not mine be done. Amen
I love it. I can't help but to practice humility when I pray that prayer.
Thank y'all for sharing your experience with me.

gretemarie

visitor
Reaction score
Meng, thank you. I just got through reading Matthew 5:5,6. I appreciate you sharing that with me. I can see how 33 fits. Retreat on the inside (from fears, doubts, control, and mind chatter) and on the outside(in in secret with the Father) what goddesless said about 33 meaning withdrawing in silence and medtation...the proper way to pray. Let go of the steering wheel and trust. Thank you again.

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Thank you too, Gretemarie. I wasn't trying to promote the source of the quote, only what seems like a natural fit, since we were quoting others.

the KJV calls it a "closet of prayer". Given the context of your question to Yi, 33 and the quote ascribed to Jesus, is a natural.

If it so happened that Nietzsche said it, that would change its value to some. If some street beggar said it, its value would fall, but nowhere lower than a Christian.

I think we're all wired like that. To hold to our beliefs. A stereotypical Christian would feel and say basically the same about "someone steeped in the occult," or some such thing.

33 retreats from all that, what you called "chatter". Then you can ask "your higher power" yourself.

deusa

visitor
Reaction score
Well, i don't define myself as a religious person but i loved reading this thread.
Thanks everyone.

jdthorinson

visitor
Reaction score
One component that is often overlooked is what thought processes are going on in your subconscious. Many times there are thought processes that are going on subconsciously that are counter productive to you achieving the desired results. I read a book " The Power of Believing" by John Hall that is available in amazon.com that recomends the use of "Life Scripts" to eliminate undesirable thought processes from the subconscious. I have incorporated this proctice into my daily routine and use life scripts 2 or 3 times every day and have seen significant positive results in my life experience.

Merisa

visitor
Reaction score
Great thread!

My question:
How do I use Law of Attraction to do... (is about improve relationship with husband, we are separated but still friends, i want to reconcile, because i still love him)

31.3.9.6 - 35

I don't understand if the proper way is to have unwavering faith and let it go after asking or i must use repeated visualization and affirmations.

Hexagram 31
Influence. Success. Perseverance furthers. (send love, joy, positive thoughts?)
...By keeping still within while experiencing joy without... (be calm and live with joy?)

... As little should he yield immediately to every whim of those in whose service he stands. (be patient?)

When the influence shows itself there, the will remains firm and the influence does not lead to confusion. Hence remorse does not enter into consideration here. What takes place in the depths of one's being, in the unconscious mind. It is true that if we cannot be influenced ourselves, we cannot influence the outside world.(i don't understand very well what should I do about...)

The most superficial way of trying to influence others is through talk that has nothing real behind it. (simply word/affirmations without feeling means nothing?)

Hexagram 35
..It is therefore the symbol of rapid, easy progress, which at the same time means ever widening expansion and clarity. (all is well?)

Any thoughts?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
The impulse must come from the heart (31.5), the feeling of love must be real.
If it comes from lower place - the thighs (31.3) - it won't work.
Empty words (31.6) are also powerless.

Prayer must be done with words, supported by a real strong feeling of pure love, in a state when mind is tranquil (35), empty of other thoughts.

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Don't use the law of attraction.
Work instead on being a strong, healthy, independent person.
That's the sun coming out in 35.
That's more attractive anyway, and certainly more than neediness,
or asking deities for favors.

Pearlescent

visitor
Reaction score
Interesting, as today I just asked the Yi, what is 'magic'? And received 22.2 > 26.

"Your hair, or your growing beard. Oiling and treating it to encourage growth and make the most of what's already there. It can be encouraged, but not conjured into instant fullness. Expect a waiting or growing period."

Also in reference to a petition I'll be doing to Mercury later this month,
'how to best approach mercury?' and received 31.3.4.5 to 2.

I take the quote 'It is true that if we cannot be influenced ourselves, we cannot influence the outside world.' to be especially true of this reading, considering the resulting hexagram of 2. Merisa's reading reminded me of this..

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
the thing is that yesterday I had decided to re-read The Secret about the Law of Attraction ..

synchronicity!:cool:

Merisa

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, Bradford, your words touched me:

"Don't use the law of attraction.
Work instead on being a strong, healthy, independent person.
That's the sun coming out in 35."

Ashteroid, you are right on meaning of 31.6 (empty words are powerless).

About 31.5:
The back of the neck is immobile. The influence is sound at the root. And where the root is sound the ramifications are also sound. Therefore the influence is good. The line is strong and central and ruler of the hexagram, hence it influences through the perfect calm of inner equilibrium. At the same time the will is not inert, by controlling the chief organic processes, it achieves order in particulars as well.
-Wilhelm.

...hence it influences through the perfect calm of inner equilibrium = peace, faith, equilibrium.

D

diamanda

The answer sounds quite different to me.

31.3 = someone follows the desire of his/her thighs (sexual drive)
31.5. = the influence is not a heart influence
31.6 = the influence is empty talking

Hidden lines:
45:5 - one of you is not sincere with the other
16:6 - a sober awakening

And finally, 35, all will become clear (or you two will have lots of sex).

No matter which of the two (clarity, or sex) will happen, the preceding lines
speak of betrayal. And betrayal makes it extremely hard to reconcile two
people again.

I'd be careful about believing in "perfect calm of inner equilibrium".
Although good for the person themselves, it does not bring a partner back.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).