...life can be translucent

Menu

12.4 . Any real life experience ?

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Do you have any experience on 12.4 and how it has played out ?

That parts sounds a bit vague at this moment .

A man who sets himself up a capable of creating order according to his own judgment could make mistakes and end in failure.

But the man who is truly called to the task is favored by the conditions of the time, and all those of like mind will share in his blessing.

thanks for any insight you can offer ! :)

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
My translation and commentary on this line grew out of experience. For a long time I made the mistake of thinking that higher purpose would be rewarding, that it would serve me. I had it all backwards, and when the rewards and encouragement weren't forthcoming I nearly lost it. Living for things greater than ourselves is, by definition, not about us, and not about our rewards. If we can enjoy our service that's a good thing, or a great thing, but our own happiness is not the central thing and should not be our motive.

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
I agree with that. I've received it a lot but have only impressions. It's not about me, but neither is my energy unneeded to pull back together heaven and earth.

Last edited:

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
thank you both !

From what you have said , I understand , the question is why one takes an initiative. If for direct personal benefit then something is wrong while when circumstances drawn you to make things happen then its a good starting point ?

When a team doesn't work - a very 12 situation- and there are practical and serious matters that need to be addressed, "truly called" vs "assign oneself" its still no clear to me. When one wants to work towards the common good /a common problem without seeking revenues for themselves , then this line gives a green light -sort of ?

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
It depends from where you derive happiness.

A calling is what you hear. A self assignment is the mission (a word I'm more fond of all the time).

If I hear nothing, but am driven by aggressive forces to impose my mission, that's a good example of 12. For example, criticism is a sure way to create distance.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Mission is a nice word, i can relate to that ! Thanks for clarifying it.

Trying to grasp the situation from different angle had some readings. One of them was 37>18 and line 37.2 seems to talk about the same way of approaching. Actually, now I thing about it, all the readings talk about the need of a leader and the qualities of it.

since its the Exploring divination forum, i'm listing them because I found interesting how Yi sometimes converse with us.

1. what can I do : 61.4.5>38
2. what needs to be done : 42
3. Give me an image of the "leader" : 37.1.2.5 >18
4. how can X person's contribution help : 12.4 >20

Thank again to both of you :)

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
My translation and commentary on this line grew out of experience. For a long time I made the mistake of thinking that higher purpose would be rewarding, that it would serve me. I had it all backwards, and when the rewards and encouragement weren't forthcoming I nearly lost it. Living for things greater than ourselves is, by definition, not about us, and not about our rewards. If we can enjoy our service that's a good thing, or a great thing, but our own happiness is not the central thing and should not be our motive.

Hi Bradford, I'm confused!
You first say we shouldn't live for things greater than ourselves and then that we shouldn't live for our happiness.
What for then?

and what is your experience with the line?

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Bradford, I'm confused! You first say we shouldn't live for things greater than ourselves and then that we shouldn't live for our happiness. What for then?
I don't think you understood what I wrote. Erase what you think you read and start over from scratch.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I did not understand or I wouldn't be asking for an explanation.
Read everything over from scratch, still confused. Can you explain? English is not my language, that could be the reason!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).