...life can be translucent

Menu

Today's job interview.... 62.3>16 & 33.5>33

aiyana

visitor
Reaction score
Oops, the second hex in the subject line should read 33.5>56 (can't change it with edit)

Out of the blue a new management team from the company that laid me off three years ago called me in for an on-the-spot interview. I wasn't impressed with the team but the job is located less than 10 minutes from home which is a big draw and I more-or-less know the ropes there.:rolleyes:

I asked if I would be receiving a paycheck from the company in August and received 62.3>16. I take this line as a warning not to be a bigshot or one will be blindsided. Honestly I don't know if this refers to me or the people interviewing me (a new management team). They were a lot of talk to the point where I became embarrassed for them, and didn't have an understanding of the projects they are responsible for. They then offered me a fraction of my previous pay. I kindly refused and then offered to return at the reduced salary I accepted months prior to my layoff (40% less than my starting pay with the company).

In the event that I am the one who needs to watch my back here, I asked 'what is the attack I need to be wary of' and received 33.5>56. So..... be wary and stay out of the way, don't join this team, be a traveller on my own? Or be wary, stay out of the way and travel to my new job every day? Am not convinced it would be long term anyway, these people were quite unfit for their jobs.:eek:uch: I wonder if there's a possibility that they will be let go soon....:confused:

Last edited:

kash

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
If you're the one asking then the answer applies to you. So it's you who should be watching out for the little things. Things that seem insignificant, that you can seemingly ignore, are actually dangerous and could end up costing you dearly. It sounds like you were paying attention to such little things at the interview, which made you doubt these people and this company.

I think the second reading is indeed advising you to retreat - to leave these people and not take on this job. It says you can do this amicably and without harm.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).