...life can be translucent

Menu

Exciting Job Prospect 58.2.5

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,
I was wondering if I could get someone else's take on this reading. I was recently contacted by a recruiter about a job that has the potential to be a really amazing fit for me. I was looking through their website and just realizing how closely we are matched and how exciting that is. I recently finished an upper level degree and have been kind of bouncing around for the last 8 months or so trying a lot of things but not really finding the place where I totally fit in, so this seems extra promising.

I asked the I Ching: "What are my prospects of getting the job with company x?" and received hexagram 58 changing to 51. I am feeling like I could read this either way. The shock could be positive about the future, or it could merely be reflecting my shock at being contacted about this job at all. 58 overall seems positive though.

Any thoughts?

Thanks a bunch,
Jen

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Oh and I had previously asked the I Ching what I should do to get this job and kept getting variations on hexagram 22 and received hex 22 unchanging the last time. I thought this also positive as it is a graphic design job (seems pretty hex 22ish) but would love some feedback.

emiliana2010

visitor
Reaction score
Hi ariel13,
what are your prospects? After an initial agreement subscribed in good faith, the cards on the table will change. You will find yourself between a rock and a hard spot. Watch your back and be ready with a Plan B.

Ciao ciao.

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Emiliana,
Thanks for the response! Hmm..yeah I still have no idea about this job. I met with the recruiter on Monday, and he still felt like would be a good fit. I did a mock project (which was not asked for) and he sent it and all of my info to them that evening. He contacted me the following day to let me know that they were in the middle of hiring someone for another position so hadn't gotten back to him yet. He thought they'd get back to him by yesterday (Wed), but I have not heard from him. No ideas if they are even interested at this point. I definitely have not put all of my eggs in that basket though. I met with another recruiter the same day that I met with them, and they have sent my info to several other prospects. This one just seemed the most exciting- it is with a highly acclaimed start-up that supposedly has a great culture, very creative like everyone hangs out on bean bags and brainstorms. And my style matches up with theirs, and I am really interested in the products they invented/sell because they seem to represent an intersection of my interests (education, innovation, creativity). Anyway, the recruiter has been pretty communicative so far, so I am a bit antsy that he hasn't contacted me. I asked the I Ching why he has not contacted me yet and received hexagram 42 changing to 21. *Shrug* not sure what that means really...maybe that he has had an "increase" in other work that he is trying to "bite through" and finish? We will see I suppose!

Jen

emiliana2010

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Jen,

in my experience the best with I Ching is to ask 1 question and wait (it's so difficult!) till the meaning of that hex manifest itself clearly. I avoid asking multiple questions. It feels to me that it weakens the hara, nourishes that part of me that thrives on worries and normally confuses things even further.
The reasons why he didn't connect with you could be thousands, and all valid. I wouldn't use my time trying to crack this new hex open in order to understand one of these thousands valid reasons. Look ahead instead, and feel optimistic!

All the best.

kash

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
It sounds like you have asked a lot of similar questions about this job already, or even identical ones in different guises. So myy guess is that the 58 going into 51 is the I Ching telling you about your current state of mind. 51 is your state of shock and stress in regards to this situation, while the lines themselves are also telltale signs. I think line 2 is telling you to relax and not to worry while line 5 warns against what will happen if you keep listening to your inner voices of doubt.

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Emiliana and Kash,
Thanks so much for your responses. Yes, I know I should not continue asking questions. I think I should have gone with my very first casting which was 22 unchanging and waited to see how that unfolded. I guess it is just sort of boring being unemployed at the moment, so I get a bit antsy and start talking to the I Ching instead of doing other things like working on my resumes! haha.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts. I'll try to leave the Yi alone for a little bit (no pun intended!) :D

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
oops and I just realized that my pun joke is related to the name of the company which I did not mention hehe

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Just to let everyone know who commented. I did not get the job. I didn't even get an interview as a matter of fact! Odd b/c it seemed like I was a very good fit, and the recruiter had already placed them with a developer so seems like they would have at least taken a look at my portfolio, but the recruiter sort of fell of off the map very quickly after a few interactions and failed to even let me know if they passed on me or not (which is not unusual for most recruiters, but their firm has been particularly communicative) so hmm..weird. But oh well! I got a different freelance gig and another amazing teaching opportunity, so I am not too worried about it ;)

emiliana2010

visitor
Reaction score
ariel13,
I'm happy that all is well for you. Your feedback is precious, helps me to understand better how the I Ching speak to us. All the best!

emiliana2010

visitor
Reaction score
ariel13,
I'm happy that all is well for you. Your feedback is precious, helps me to understand better how the I Ching speak to us. All the best!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).