...life can be translucent

Menu

Does B loves our son

tange4

visitor
Reaction score
Good afternoon all.
I asked the Q: "Does B love our son? what are her feelings for J"? and received Hex 28 changing lines, 5,4, 2,1 The relating Hex 35, no changing lines.

My husband and I are against their union because it is a rocky one and he isn't working (she is, bringing in all the bacon) but he is the household gopher so he works at least, just doesn't b ring in money and this gal is high maintenance where money is concerned.

Glad for any info. :bows:

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Someone's world feels like it's crashing down. I don't know if it's the answer you want to know, or the answer you need to know, according to the Yi.

I'm more inclined to go with the need to know because of the relationship with 35. Ideally, it's great if they're the same: what you want, and what you need.

tange4

visitor
Reaction score
World crashing down

Hi Meng.

I guess since my Q was "Does B (female of course) love our son?" then might "the world crashing down" statement refer to her world crashing down? I sure would like to know if it is because our son called about two hours ago saying that they were out of money for groceries. Meng there is something very wrong in that household. B is a registered nurse with a Bachelors degree in nursing, works at the local hospital.
And her son from her previous marriage works for Wal-Mart but she demands 60% of his bring home pay (he lives in the same household as my son) so they are bringing in two incomes and they are asking us who make a little over $1000 a month for food money. Most certainly we won't let our son go hungry or any of the others if we have it by us because we dearly love our son.
This lady, B even asked our son to sell pieces of his collection that he saved from childhood in order to feed them.
I can't think of a better Q to ask for this scenario, got any ideas?
:hug:

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
Hi Tange,

I candidly don't know who the Yi was referring to, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was speaking to your own emotional state over the matter you had asked about. That would refer to not what you want to hear or know, but what Yi considers something you need to know.

If your son is communicating signs of great disturbance, then his may be the roof that's caving in on him.

From the sounds of it as you've described, her world appears to be the one in charge, not the one whose roof is sagging to a breaking point.

I can understand your distress over this matter, but if your son is an adult, it's his choice that matters. As I see it anyway.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Good afternoon all.
I asked the Q: "Does B love our son? what are her feelings for J"? and received Hex 28 changing lines, 5,4, 2,1 The relating Hex 35, no changing lines.

My husband and I are against their union because it is a rocky one and he isn't working (she is, bringing in all the bacon) but he is the household gopher so he works at least, just doesn't b ring in money and this gal is high maintenance where money is concerned.

Glad for any info. :bows:

Tange there is still a problem in how you are presenting/getting answers. To me it looks like you have written your answer was 28 changing lines 5,4,2,1. Usually we'd write this as 28.1.2.4.5>36. Doesn't matter which way you write it I guess but if it were 28 with lines 1,2 4 and 5 changing you would have got hexagram 36 as a relating hexagram not hexagram 35.

The relating hexagram will never ever have any changing lines, it is itself a result of the changing lines in the first hexagram. You may need to learn to draw a hexagram to see this. I mention this as a number of times now your answers don't compute and there isn't much point spending a lot of time interpreting answers you actually didn't get.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Meng.

I guess since my Q was "Does B (female of course) love our son?" then might "the world crashing down" statement refer to her world crashing down? I sure would like to know if it is because our son called about two hours ago saying that they were out of money for groceries. Meng there is something very wrong in that household. B is a registered nurse with a Bachelors degree in nursing, works at the local hospital.
And her son from her previous marriage works for Wal-Mart but she demands 60% of his bring home pay (he lives in the same household as my son) so they are bringing in two incomes and they are asking us who make a little over $1000 a month for food money. Most certainly we won't let our son go hungry or any of the others if we have it by us because we dearly love our son.
This lady, B even asked our son to sell pieces of his collection that he saved from childhood in order to feed them.

I think a better question might be about what you need or don't need to do/understand about the situation. I don't know, maybe something like 'what is my best stance to this situation I perceive between them ?". Afterall your main concern is about what you need to do or not do. ? I think there is a better question to be found about you not them.

You are asking for counsel in your role of mother to your son, that is your main concern. What is going on in her head is some steps removed from that, not your concern. So from your role as mother to him you might ask Yi if you can help or not, what is your best attitude to it all and so on,

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
our son called about two hours ago saying that they were out of money for groceries. Meng there is something very wrong in that household. B is a registered nurse with a Bachelors degree in nursing, works at the local hospital.

Actually what you need to know is if you should give your son money isn't it ? He calls to ask you for money for groceries and you feel this is odd because she has a good job, infact there are 2 incomes in their household yet he wants money from you who are no better off ?

So this is a serious issue. She has already made him sell some of his collection. So you know something is not quite right here, something does not add up. In this instance I can't see that 'does she love him ?' is a very helpful question....you need to know if you should keep giving him money or not. You love your son but why should you support her too ?

I'd think a bit of straight talking to your son might help....? You explain you want to help him but you are puzzled and concerned at his situation ? Hmm that's an opinion but what does Yi say your best approach to this is ?

What does 28.1.2.4.5>36 say about this ? well that question was about her loving him....I don't know.

I think you are right to question the situation though. it wouldn't be good if she feels she can take advantage of your kindness to your son and thinks she can always get cash from you.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
.....and furthermore, sorry the more the situation dawns on me the more I see the hex 28...., both you and your husband have poor health and are struggling as you have described in previous threads, but your son with 2 incomes wants more money from you ?

Er yes I can see a roof getting near breaking point and it's yours not his. You really need to think carefully about how much you can afford to give him don't you ? If the cast was 28>36 then that's quite a heavy cast and you may need to start protecting your own interests. I hope that's not the case but do you think a straight talk with him might help, just you and him. I wonder if it is her that is in some kind of trouble and he's carrying her ? That's his business, however if he uses your money to carry her it is your business especially when you barely have enough yourself

I recently read a thread where you were having panic attacks, very hex 28. Sometimes panic attacks can happen when we are torn 2 ways and can't protect our interests as we should. Like you don't want to refuse him yet you yourself cannot afford to support him. Being torn like that can give rise to panicky feelings as it all gets too much to handle. Add heath issues to that mix and I imagine you'd feel quite unsupported. Try to be calm and clear about what you can truly afford to give.

Last edited:

tange4

visitor
Reaction score
emotional state

Hi Tange,

I candidly don't know who the Yi was referring to, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was speaking to your own emotional state over the matter you had asked about. That would refer to not what you want to hear or know, but what Yi considers something you need to know.

If your son is communicating signs of great disturbance, then his may be the roof that's caving in on him.

From the sounds of it as you've described, her world appears to be the one in charge, not the one whose roof is sagging to a breaking point.

I can understand your distress over this matter, but if your son is an adult, it's his choice that matters. As I see it anyway.
Hi Meng,
Yes it might very well be my emotional state that it is referring to as I have been on an emotional roller coaster for about a year now what with all the problems that have been deluging us. However my husband has been in such a turmoil over our son leaving home to be with this woman and my husbands' anger/extreme sadness is rubbing off on me. Our son was my husbands' care giver for years and they were best buddies. I wanted my son to go out and explore life and find a mate that he would be somewhat compatible with. However they are nothing alike. That old saying, "Opposites attract" may be okay most of the time but in this situation they just don't get along......much. I appreciate your answers Meng. Thanks.

tange4

visitor
Reaction score
Howdy Trojan, You wrote, "Tange there is still a problem in how you are presenting/getting answers. To me it looks like you have written your answer was 28 changing lines 5,4,2,1. Usually we'd write this as 28.1.2.4.5>36." Honestly the relating Hex was 35, not 36 as I double checked it. I will try to remember to write the answers as you have said above. I was reading the changing lines from the bottom up thus starting with 5,4,2,1 because I was told we are supposed to read the lines from the bottom up, right? So then are we supposed to write them as 1.2.4.5 then? I think that is what you are telling me. I might not have stated it here this year at I Ching but I did a few years back that I am learning disabled. You and others here would not know that until now. It makes it hard for me to decipher some of the easiest things but some of the hardest issues become quite easy. The Dr. told me that I can't think in the normal way a person should. According to him I am either a linear or spatial thinker and I can't remember which I am, drats. This is why I ask for so much help from others here.:hug:

tange4

visitor
Reaction score
Trojan as per your suggestion, "So from your role as mother to him you might ask Yi if you can help or not, what is your best attitude to it all and so on" and I did ask that question.
Here is what I received: Hex 53.3.5.>44
This line below, line 4 wasn't marked red so guess it doesn't mean anything in this situation. However it seems weird as my son's girlfriend wants to get pregnant but can't because she is sterile. But she is considering a reversal and taking fertility treatments!
Hex 44 says do not take this woman so it seems that this would be referring to my son and not me of course. I got the impression that my son should leave this union even though I asked about how I should approach the situation in my feelings about it. a bit confused...............

‘Wild geese gradually progress to the high plateau.
The husband marches out and does not return,
The wife is pregnant, but does not raise the child.
Pitfall. Fruitful to resist outlaws.’
Line 4

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy Trojan, You wrote, "Tange there is still a problem in how you are presenting/getting answers. To me it looks like you have written your answer was 28 changing lines 5,4,2,1. Usually we'd write this as 28.1.2.4.5>36." Honestly the relating Hex was 35, not 36 as I double checked it. I will try to remember to write the answers as you have said above. I was reading the changing lines from the bottom up thus starting with 5,4,2,1 because I was told we are supposed to read the lines from the bottom up, right? So then are we supposed to write them as 1.2.4.5 then? I think that is what you are telling me. I might not have stated it here this year at I Ching but I did a few years back that I am learning disabled. You and others here would not know that until now. It makes it hard for me to decipher some of the easiest things but some of the hardest issues become quite easy. The Dr. told me that I can't think in the normal way a person should. According to him I am either a linear or spatial thinker and I can't remember which I am, drats. This is why I ask for so much help from others here.:hug:

If you had hex 28 with lines 5,4,2,1 moving then you could not have 35 as the relating hexagram. It would be hex 36. Yes you read changing lines from the bottom. The bottom line is line 1 and the top line is line 6. That's why it is usually written as 28.1.2.4.5>36

Not to worry I expect it will come clear in the end but if you learn to draw a hexagram for yourself then you will see how the changing lines give you the relating hexagram. If 35 was your relating hexagram then you would have had 28.2.3.5.6>35. The only way to get to hex 35 from hex 28 is if you had lines 2,3, 5 and 6 changing. So I'm not clear which lines you did get.

Anyway I see you did another question. I will look at that later.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Trojan as per your suggestion, "So from your role as mother to him you might ask Yi if you can help or not, what is your best attitude to it all and so on" and I did ask that question.
Here is what I received: Hex 53.3.5.>44
This line below, line 4 wasn't marked red so guess it doesn't mean anything in this situation. However it seems weird as my son's girlfriend wants to get pregnant but can't because she is sterile. But she is considering a reversal and taking fertility treatments!
Hex 44 says do not take this woman so it seems that this would be referring to my son and not me of course. I got the impression that my son should leave this union even though I asked about how I should approach the situation in my feelings about it. a bit confused...............

‘Wild geese gradually progress to the high plateau.
The husband marches out and does not return,
The wife is pregnant, but does not raise the child.
Pitfall. Fruitful to resist outlaws.’
Line 4

53.3.5 changes to hexagram 23 not 44. It is important to know what you actually cast. Casting a hexagram with coins isn't hard and I recommend you do that soon because the online casting thing is confusing you..as in you are presenting readings that can't possibly exist. In the online casting tool the red lines are the changing lines. You don't have to think spatially to cast a hexagram, if you did I couldn't do it. it's as simple as seeing which sides of the coins come up.

53 shows symbolically the rituals of marriage and union, how things progess gradually through each necessary stage. In 53.3 someone is not caring for the union, not fulfilling responsibilities, abandoning what they should be caring for. But I don't know what exact question you asked....best attitude ?

Anyway my impression is this relationship isn't going to last. The 53.3 and the 23 make me think this.I think it likely one of them can't sustain it. I guess the previous 28 cast supports this too. I'm seeing the 53.5 as possibly a long awaited retun to better conditions although that line is hard to interpret here.

Hmm even though you asked about your role my feelingis the answer refers to their relationship as you aren't abandoning him so the 53.3 looks more like careless or selfish behaviour within their relationship.

Hmmm overall it does look like something is up but with 23 there is not much you can do. I wish we knew what you actually cast

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
the 3 coin method is here http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/learn/consult/casting.php there is a table there that shows for example 3 heads is a changing yang line and so on.

In brief get 3 coins of same value and throw them down on a surface while asking the question. Do this 6 times to get six lines. Your first throw is line one, your second throw is line 2 and so on.

3 heads are a changing yang line ----0-----
3 tails are a changing yin line ---- x ----
2 heads and a tail are a young yin ( a broken line) ---- ----
2 tails and a head are a young yang (an unbroken line) ----------

when a line is a changing line it changes to its opposite so -----0----- will always change to ---- ----

maybe someone else can explain it better. It is easy but hard to explain. But if you don't know what you cast, then people can't give properly helpful interpretations

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).