...life can be translucent

Menu

What to do about my feelings for someone? 61.2.5.6 > 24

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, it's one of those...

Every time I get to a similar point I find myself in this situation - my feelings for this particular person keep going back and forth and right now are in danger of getting away with me again. I mean, a little bit of fantasy is fine I always think, and we tend to have crushes on famous people for this reason, but when it's a real person and one you see often, then it's dangerous, right?

So, I am taking this advice to mean to not be ashamed/afraid of the fact I like this person, but to think about coming back to my own path and not trying to climb to heaven. I really would like to maintain a good friendship with this person so when these extra notions creep in, it always freaks me out. Return would mean coming back to not feeling involved and frankly, I would like that because emotions are draining for me anyway.

Does anyone maybe have a different view of this reading (have I missed something)? Thank you! :bows:

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
maybe it says let them come and go (24) . Listen to them (2) , embrace them(5) let them be without over-analyze them , point a finger on them( 6) . If you say "don't think of the pink elephant" the pink elephant won't go.

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
maybe it says let them come and go (24) . Listen to them (2) , embrace them(5) let them be without over-analyze them , point a finger on them( 6) . If you say "don't think of the pink elephant" the pink elephant won't go.

that's very zen, thank you. It's easier said then done, of course :rolleyes:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I see this cast as you can honour your feelings as genuine. It's not just a silly fantasy, you have real feelings but don't get too hooked up in the brokenness of it all (61.6) 61.6 seems to come up when there's just too much earnest outpouring...however much a cock crows he doesn't make the morning come. Your feelings are real and it looks to me like they must be at least in part returned with those lines...61.2.and 61.5 but you can't think that by doing something the feelings will stop. They are organic, a part of you...the cock can't stop the morning coming or make it come.

I don't think you can aim to push your feelings aside, honour them, they really are part of you. You can't do much about them other than stay close to your own truth, coming back to yourself (hex 24) Perhaps you need to acknowledge your feelings as valid and real as anything else about you. I think perhaps if you could try to take your feelings more seriously, less like an inconvenient headcold, there might be less internal friction.

Seems to me the feelings you have are real and lovely. The fact that nothing can happen with the person in question doesn't change that inner truth. So I say fully acknowledge the feelings as a good truthful part of yourself and let them breathe and keep them close to your centre rather than push them away as silly. It looks to me like a good genuine friendship but 61.2 is so often about love that cannot be openly shown...but it's still there.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
What to do about my feelings for someone?
61.2.5.6 > 24

Close the passes (focus internally) and capture the spirit of the situation in a story. It (a goblet to share) would make a wonderful Christmas present for the person.

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
I see this cast as you can honour your feelings as genuine. It's not just a silly fantasy, you have real feelings but don't get too hooked up in the brokenness of it all (61.6) 61.6 seems to come up when there's just too much earnest outpouring...however much a cock crows he doesn't make the morning come. Your feelings are real and it looks to me like they must be at least in part returned with those lines...61.2.and 61.5 but you can't think that by doing something the feelings will stop. They are organic, a part of you...the cock can't stop the morning coming or make it come.

I don't think you can aim to push your feelings aside, honour them, they really are part of you. You can't do much about them other than stay close to your own truth, coming back to yourself (hex 24) Perhaps you need to acknowledge your feelings as valid and real as anything else about you. I think perhaps if you could try to take your feelings more seriously, less like an inconvenient headcold, there might be less internal friction.

Seems to me the feelings you have are real and lovely. The fact that nothing can happen with the person in question doesn't change that inner truth. So I say fully acknowledge the feelings as a good truthful part of yourself and let them breathe and keep them close to your centre rather than push them away as silly. It looks to me like a good genuine friendship but 61.2 is so often about love that cannot be openly shown...but it's still there.

aww, you always make me chuckle Trojan, at the exact point of nabbing the crux of the matter (in bold). You are right, but as I have written on here so many times before, it's just TOO DIFFICULT. I have a malfunctioning emotion chip, see (thank you for the story suggestion pocossin!) and it's all just way too distracting (how do humans get anything done!?) - I watched Best of Data (Star Trek) videos on YouTube last night to make myself feel better :D

This really is a nice friendship, or has the makings of being one maybe, but even friendship is a ship (heh, I have no idea what I did there) i.e. - it can't be just me who does all the adjusting. Anyway, I have been mulling over whether to have ' the conversation' so that this unspecified bunch of emotions that sort of festers in the background could maybe cleared up, but I wonder if 61.6 is maybe advising against that? Like, open talk and pronouncing things won't lead anywhere useful?
Also, I am grumpy that this is making me think about it so much. And how do you distinguish real feelings from fantasy feelings? I mean, I didn't even know you could have feelings that are more real than other ones - they all seem real to me, although perhaps some outcomes may be more feasible than others ;)
Whatever, one ought not be held hostage by emotions engendered by others, that's just mean. :rant:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
aww, you always make me chuckle Trojan, at the exact point of nabbing the crux of the matter (in bold). You are right, but as I have written on here so many times before, it's just TOO DIFFICULT. I have a malfunctioning emotion chip, see (thank you for the story suggestion pocossin!) and it's all just way too distracting (how do humans get anything done!?) - I watched Best of Data (Star Trek) videos on YouTube last night to make myself feel better :D

OK the underlined sounds like what one does in 61.6....."it's tooo difficult" well yes it is difficult , feelings are difficult but it's part of being human. 61.6 can often show when we are calling out to heaven cos it's all too difficult. This line is a little bit of a 'shush now !'

This really is a nice friendship, or has the makings of being one maybe, but even friendship is a ship (heh, I have no idea what I did there) i.e. - it can't be just me who does all the adjusting. Anyway, I have been mulling over whether to have ' the conversation' so that this unspecified bunch of emotions that sort of festers in the background could maybe cleared up, but I wonder if 61.6 is maybe advising against that? Like, open talk and pronouncing things won't lead anywhere useful?

My sense is the 61.6 is you calling out here, to us or to yourself, about how hard it is. Don't do that because Yi is comparing you to a cock crowing for the morning. I have often had this line when sincerely appealing for help....soooo sincere and it comes as a bit of slap back this line but it's telling you not to go on with thinking and saying this is a so hard. I always feel it is a bit of a piss take line..but hey it's Yi being a bit rude not me. I'm not sure about talking to him but 61.5 does encourage openness and trust. I assume he is with someone else so he's off limits ? If not I guess it may be worth considering speaking to him

Also, I am grumpy that this is making me think about it so much. And how do you distinguish real feelings from fantasy feelings? I mean, I didn't even know you could have feelings that are more real than other ones - they all seem real to me, although perhaps some outcomes may be more feasible than others ;)
Whatever, one ought not be held hostage by emotions engendered by others, that's just mean. :rant:

How to distinguish real feelings from fantasy ? I guess the lines 61.2 and 61.5 show a genuine bond....I could have 'feelings' for some guy I barely know or some TV star but there is no genuine bond there I would be just in love with my own projections, that's what I meant by 'fantasy feelings' but yes even they have their reality . With this person the cast made me think it was a true bond with genuine feelings rather than projections and so on.

I'm so glad you said you were grumpy as it gives me an excuse to air this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp1GVI54Jr8

:rofl: even cats face these kind of probems

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
feelings are difficult but it's part of being human. 61.6 can often show when we are calling out to heaven cos it's all too difficult. This line is a little bit of a 'shush now !'

I don't want to shush! But ok, I see what you mean about the line, I did feel all along that it was a counsel against letting myself get too carried away with my own drama.

assume he is with someone else so he's off limits ? If not I guess it may be worth considering speaking to him

well, he is, but that's not the real issue. I wouldn't actually want to have a relationship with him, there is no chance it would work well anyway. The real problem is two fold:
a) I do find myself physically attracted to him sort of against my will and better judgement. This is not something women in general and me in particular have had to learn to cope with, so it's very challenging (although I can certainly recall numerous circumstances when I caused this sort of problem to various males in my life, poor them)
b) he doesn't understand the concept of holding back for other person's sake and consequently has this problem with virtually all women in his life - I said this to him today, you can't go around doing stuff like that, however innocent your motives and thinking are, the other people can very easily start to get the wrong impression. I didn't point out that I am affected in the same way, but I had said that to our mutual friend ages ago so assume it got passed on. Actually, our mutual friend suggested that this guy wants to have his cake and eat it and I tend to agree. However, if I brought up all these things, I cannot imagine that it would go over well and he may just get annoyed with me which really isn't what I want. And in the meantime, I don't see how I can have a genuine friendship with someone whose true feelings I am completely unsure of. So, maybe there is a genuine bond but it is being logistically challenged so much that most of the time I feel the best course of action is to avoid him. Sometimes I'd wondered if he does the same to be honest.
I don't know if it is obvious to others, but it seems to me that I am thinking Waaaaay too much about this guy and I cannot justify it in any way no do anything practical - and you are saying I shouldn't do anything practical, I should just suffer this relentless wash - and not a 29 in sight!

I keep wondering if I've become more complicated with age, rather than less, because I cannot remember friendships being this much hassle before. Or maybe I just accepted the imposed standards without question whereas now I tend to want to have things my own way a lot more..

Thank you for listening...this was a complete emo dump for which I iz sorry

The emo cat is hilarious - thank you for posting that Trojan!
Have you seen the ennui cat? [video=youtube;Q34z5dCmC4M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q34z5dCmC4M[/video]

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Eh oui pauvre chat ennui ! :rofl:

I don't know what you can do about your feelings but if you mean he is flirting heavily perhaps some of your exasperation belongs with him not yourself.

I don't know if it is obvious to others, but it seems to me that I am thinking Waaaaay too much about this guy and I cannot justify it in any way no do anything practical - and you are saying I shouldn't do anything practical, I should just suffer this relentless wash - and not a 29 in sight!

I suppose avoiding him might help to take the focus off but your answer doesn't indicate that,,,you didn't get 33. I haven't said you shouldn't do anything practical it's just there is no practical way to switch feelings off as far as I know other than to focus elsewhere but that really isn't always possible. I wasn't implying any 'should' here but I don't know the answer to your question, I can only say what I see in the cast. :cool:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thinking on it another way to deal with unwanted feelings for someone you don't want to feel about might be to have a clear inner decision, an act of loyalty to one's own well being as in "this is not good for me, I reject it now" well it works to a degree if one is very clear that the emotional stress is just not doing you any good, when one is aware of being 'played', but your answer didn't seem to suggest this as a way forward. For that kind of decision I've seen 43 or 40....but 61.2.5....nah

Mind you 61.2 can be very painful, a real inner connection that has no outer form of expression.

Oh well, I don't know....sorry :D

Last edited:

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
Eh oui pauvre chat ennui ! :rofl:

I don't know what you can do about your feelings but if you mean he is flirting heavily perhaps some of your exasperation belongs with him not yourself.
Oh most certainly it does, I just don't know what's the best way to deal with that. It's actually sort of weird, I have been paying particular attention lately, we've always been affectionate with one another and I always feel really comfortable with him, unusually so I would say as most of the time I baulk at being touched. But there are just so many hugs and he doesn't read the clues and pull away, he just hangs in there until I give in, so to speak, and this has been driving me insane, but it's one of those intangible things you cannot quite 'call' with authority, I mean I don't know why he does it, his hugs never feel sexual in any way, only I feel slightly, shall we say, inappropriately excited, afterwards :lol:

another way to deal with unwanted feelings for someone you don't want to feel about might be to have a clear inner decision, an act of loyalty to one's own well being as in "this is not good for me, I reject it now"

Funny you should say this, as I was just thinking the same - I was trying to remember how I finally stopped having these unwanted feelings for that other guy, it was last January I think I had a meltdown over him and you guys on here helped me out so much. But then, as soon as I started getting better - bam - I meet this guy (and another one). Sheesh.

It's interesting what you say about 61.2 though, that could very well apply perfectly here - but I never thought of it like that before - will now! Thank you Oh Wise One! :D

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
I really do have a problem with feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelingz.

Anyway, I thought I'd update, for my sake as much as anything. This whole saga ended some time ago with major effort on my part to keep my distance and then when that didn't work, one time when I was being hugged again, because he needed a hug, (well twice really) I actually hugged him back with all the emotions gathered up and thrown at him like a pail of hot lava. The first time it stunned him and he just stood there, wide eyed and confused. The second time, he jumped away right across the room as if struck by lightning and stayed there, arms splayed, like a swatted bug, staring at me with wild eyes and mouth slightly agape. I was, like, what up dude? (but inside I was like, muahahahaha how do you like Them apples sonny boy).

So that became the beginning of the end in so many ways and slowly but surely, the drama disappeared and then I did, altogether.

Until the next trial life sees fit to throw at me..

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Blimey. Maybe you should have followed up by dragging him into the nearest bedroom, locking the door locking the windows and pouring on some more hot lava and roasted apples - that would have really given him something to think about...Sometimes blocked feelings need the right valve after all.

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
Blimey. Maybe you should have followed up by dragging him into the nearest bedroom, locking the door locking the windows and pouring on some more hot lava and roasted apples - that would have really given him something to think about...Sometimes blocked feelings need the right valve after all.

No no, as I kept saying all along, we were supposed to have been friends and bedroomy stuff was out of the question for me.

Seeker0970

visitor
Reaction score
I recently went through / am in something like this, a very 61.2 thing where all the feelings and attraction was/is there but circumstances and correct action is a constant source of friction and vacillation and thwarted efforts to find expression. I'm still working on coming into harmony with it. It's been a real opportunity for growth as far as just having to let feelings be, the good and unpleasant, and not do anything about them actively. That's the hardest part about feelings. I think everyone has problems with feelings because we object to them and get stuck and act out in all sorts of ways to make ourselves feel okay. That to me is the cauldron--having to be cooked in things we don't like and transform as a result, which is a painful but worthwhile process. What choice do we have? Thanks for the update. I like reading about how things turned out. This is an amazing forum.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).