...life can be translucent

Menu

help needed deciding on two options for my DD

capri

visitor
Reaction score
Hello,

I had posted this question a few days back and the timing was too soon, iching advised patience and I think I needed to be patient and clearheaded and ask again.

My 7 yr old daughter on the spectrum goes to school A which is her home school, her district is recommending to change to school B starting September. If I disagree I can keep her in school A and they will not force me

Today I asked

Should I continue to keep her in her current school A - I got 64.5 changing to 6

Should I change her to school B- Hexagram 5 patience unchanging

Impact on my daughter progress if I keep her in current homeschool school A- 34.6 to 14
Impact on my dughter progress if I change her to school B 56 unchangig

what should I know about current homeschool school A for my dd best interest 49.3.5 to 51
what should I know about school B for my daughter best interest 30 unchanging

Please help and advise me on what the yi is telling me to do

Capri

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Capri,

Its not an easy decision, I share your concerns. I had a glance on the other readings you mention and there too seems Yi's answers favor school B.

I'm probably mistaken, but I have the feeling that there is some kind of resistance for that change. I wonder what 34.6 has to do which School's A suggestion to change school. I read in your earlier thread that they believe the can offer limited services re your daughter's needs.

I had a similar dilemma comparing two school equally good, yet in some respects the one was better than the other and vice versa and what help me to decide-for the time being- was to make clear which are my needs and which of those schools satisfy them. So, I would recommend , if I'm allowed to do that, to focus on your daughter's needs and maybe things fall in place. To me, comparing schools didn't helped a lot but matching my needs with what is offered out there and what kind of discounts/compromises I could afford to accept in terms of services offered me another way of thinking and deciding.

All the best

meng

(deceased)
Reaction score
I'm getting that there's yet more to come before making the decision, even though it is getting close to needing to know. But 64 and 5 imply a not yet answer.

If the time is not yet, then further answers will likely speak to your state of mind. That can get confusing.

Based on lines, I'm inclined, thus far, to go with A, in spite of the h6, because that 6 may just refer to your own indecisiveness. Like saying, Oh, about this conflict you're having: yadda yadda.. Also 34.6 removes the horns from entanglements, and great possession is there. That all refers to your A choice.

I'm also interpreting A to result in independence and fresh thinking, in contrast with being dependent on the system of the masses, as in B. Can't help but have the impression of being just another one of the herd, created and milked by the machine, regarding B.

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
hi capri,

a note aside from your readings; I know that for people in the spectrum changing environment can be very stressful if not traumatic - if your girl is happy where she is (and you are satisfied with her progress and the school staff) I'd think it's best to keep her there - how does she feel about it?
(also, when you say 'home school' do you mean you are homeschooling her? Not a native speaker and that wasn't too clear for me -if that's the case, then I'm guessing social activities and integration must be an issue)

Readings-wise, (school A) 64.5 has been a lovely line in my experience . . 34.6 probably talks about your emotions now - go forth/move back, just staying there and relaxing shows the way out. 49 to 51, that's a rather hard to tell: you turn things again and again within and then you know what's right, you make the decision; that makes you a leader of change, the one in charge of all the power of lightning (maybe it's not yet time to change schools?)

About school B, Yi doesn't let on much, does it? 5 is attendance and the kind of nourishment you get while attending and 56 is rather obvious I think: being a stranger is being out of place and trying to find your place in the world - both unchanging, yeah Y is being a bit laconic. 30, another unchanging, is about creating a nourishing environment, working with others to come to an understanding (could you pay a visit to school B and perhaps discuss with the teachers, take a look yourself, see if they are equipped and willing to go the extra mile for your daughter's needs?)

just some ideas & thoughts . .

kash

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I received 64.5 recently when I was in the middle of a difficult situation. I was in the middle of a drawn out email conversation with someone and he'd said something that I could either react to or ignore. If I reacted, it would entirely change the situation and bring certain things to a head. I asked how to handle this situation and got this line. I took it to mean - you've already started this process, you know what to do, there's no turning back now. Like the fox already crossing the river. You can't turn back when you're already in the middle of the stream battling the currents. You may as well just carry on.

I believe your first answers from the I ching about the schools were probably the best advice. Now you are asking the same questions again, it might be telling you that you already know the answer in your heart. You've already made the decision and now you're just working it out in your own mind to bring it to completion. So maybe think back to your original gut feeling you got when you did the original readings or relax and let it reconnect with you.

capri

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Trojina, for reminding me to give a feedback... Well...we decided to send her to school B which was a disaster and me dd regressed. The statement by Rodaki is so true, she was just their as an attendance and did not get any nourishment. We finally took her out of that school

Val

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).