...life can be translucent

Menu

repeating message of hex 24 (Return) as judgement in readings

jeanandreas

visitor
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have been receiving hexagram 24, return, as the resulting hexagram in many of my readings in the last few months. Most of the readings I have been doing have come from a place of feeling stuck, not being sure where or how to move, and have been about career and finance and general life direction relating to these areas. The most recent reading, today- I asked "what is the best form of action I can take now" and received 37.3.4.5 resulting in 24, again. This is the first time I have received hex 37, but am getting used to receiving hex 24 and I do not think, in my inexperience, I am grasping what the i ching is trying to communicate, here. I find myself asking- return where? return to what? What kind of metaphorical return could this possibly mean in my situation? I welcome and appreciate feedback and advice about this recurring message of return. -If further details would help I'd be happy to provide them,
thanks!
A

kalikari

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Get Back!

Hex 24.. jo jo was a man who thought he was a loner.. I didn't look at the 37.3,4,5 but about hex 24,

I've gotten this hexagram when it was time to head home back to my roots. Even though at the time I remember feeling like it wasn't a good idea at all. In fact, it felt kind of like a diminishment. But I guess when we get really humble and honest, like thunder muffled under earth, there is no where else to go but up. (I think I was running from something or avoiding something)
Maybe it is suggesting you go home to visit family, take a breather, surrender and get down like the sun at winter solstice. The new yang is rising and for this it is a favorable cast!

Last edited:
B

blue_angel

Hi Jeanandreas,
The way I read it is 24 is where you are at, trying to walk your true path, the path that feels natural and right within yourself. Going with the flow, to me 24 says, everything is okay. 37 to me is about the proper places within a family and the foundation. When I get 3 lines, I focus on the middle line. Line 4 is very auspicious, great. So maybe it could be saying focus on yoir family and follow your natural path. While doing this I would say just have faith. Also... family to me, is whoever your close at heart to, there are many different kinds of families, does not necessarily mean blood relatives, at least that's how it turns out for me. I find it also has a lot to do with the frame of mind I am in. I do like what Kalikari said above as well, so go with your intuition.

Blue_Angel :)

rosarian

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback!
Kalikari- I actually did do what you mentioned, I have been at a relatives house for a few months now trying to recuperate and figure things out, but I am not entirely welcome here. I don't really have any other blood family that I am on speaking terms with and there is very good reason for that. It is really important to get out on my own again at this point, which is why return seems a bit confusing to me- as far as a physical return there are no clear answers, and I was exploring return in a more abstract sense, but even there it is hard to interpret.
Blue Angel- I really understand what you mean about different kinds of families, it is also important for me to find and spend time with "chosen family" as it were. It think it will take a lot of work/reassessing for me to find my natural path, but it is work definitely worth doing.
It also sounds like there are more auspicious aspects that I thought! Thanks again
-JA

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Hello, many times I would get hex 24, I would frown at it.When wanted quick solutions or just being quite warned and stressed out, as just recently gotten 24 un myself. Reconnect within yourself, remember what is the most important for you, return to your hobbies maybe, go back to doing and the way of thinking that makes you feel better about yourself. Give yourself a break, look your inner self up.:) would be clues for me

37 is about structure, organization within a household also, one you are a part of at present perhaps, or whichever your question may have been relating to...
line 3 speaks of uneven level of feelings there, between 2 people or even within yourself concerning your desires and possibilities (I bitterly remember this line) but you are to be depended upon and a worthy factor in the scheme. Do not let yourself be put down.
Not knowing more I would take that you are advised to reinforce yourself from within, find your strength and balance your passions and thing will fall into place.
This is highly subjective, of course, hope it makes some sense.

Lilly-La

visitor
Reaction score
Hello,
here is my take....

As dragona says, 37 is the household and above that it represents the ideal situation within a family. The mother is the steady pol within. All action outside come from inside. If you are stable and steady inside words and actions are congruent and people will 'follow' you.

The pairing Hex is 38, Opposition: "wills are not the same but are divergently directed" and further:
"In general, opposition appears as an obstruction, but when it represents polarity within a comprehensive whole, it has also its useful and important functions."

In the best case 38 leads to 37 (the ideal situation) where everybody has their correct place and function and acts according.

To me it says: align your words and actions to your inner self. People will notice faster than a rabbit can run when inside and outside are not congruent. You are you and therefor unique. Your desire to find the place where you belong will come true once you can be/ live 'yourself. Align yourself with yourself and not with others.

Last edited:

rosarian

visitor
Reaction score
Dragona and Lilly- wow, this really resonated with me. The return to the self makes the most sense to me- for me that would also mean creativity returning. Thank you so much, honestly as soon as I started reading your posts beautiful harp music started playing, hahaha.
(I reloaded something and forgot it was there and would start playing again, but still...great coincidence)
"Align yourself with yourself and not with others." THANK YOU- I will remember this!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).