...life can be translucent

Menu

What is my best characteristic? 11.1.2 > 15

chibi chan

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

After an awful week at work and a few depressing readings from the Yi about my so-called career, my nonexistent (by choice) love life and my chump-change finances. I was trying to make myself feel better by asking: What is my best characteristic? I received 11.1.2 changing to 15.

I have no idea...is it something like...there was peace, now your getting kicked in the teeth and you'll become humble. I'm definitely not radiating peace now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chibi Chan

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
First don't be fooled by the hexagram name 'Peace'...it's misleading , it's not what we would think of as peace it's more like flow, free interchange, life , movement...well you can see some good ideas about hexagram 11 here http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/frie...eriences-with-Unchanging-Castings-Hexagram-11

Second I noticed your characteristics without even looking at the cast. To me you seem extraordinarily patient and kind in how you respond to others here. Maybe sometimes you need to be careful they don't take too much or take advantage ? Hmm anyway I mention that because a lot of people flow through here and I don't notice their characteristics but I noticed yours, almost commented on it at a point where I thought you showed the patience of saint !..... so it's synchronistic you asked this particular question and I'd already spotted some of your best characteristics...here anyway.

To the reading...11.1.2>15 well I think Yi basically agrees with me :D.....lots of lovely things here. 15 as the relating hexagram, I see as what is happening to you now is that you are, from a sound basis of integrity (15) experiencing flow (11) which is almost de stabilising you....but it's all in a good way. When there's a strong current in life it's not always very comfortable and I think that's how it might be now. 11.1 shows you are connected up with others of similar goals but it may be hard to see now . 11.2 can feel very scary because you feel alone. Sometimes those you thought you could depend on vanish, or circumstances mean you lose connections you once had as in for example job loss. You find you are travelling solo for a while and feeling somewhat clueless.....but the positive side of this is the lightness it brings you. When you are crossing a river you cannot afford to carry heavy stuff, can't afford to continue in all you once had..

..You are going somewhere,,,,the line says, from Hilarys book "embracing emptiness, use this to cross the river"....In my experience 'embracing emptiness' in 11.2 is not a whole lot of fun, it feels 'empty' but that very emptiness is necessary for you to move on. So it's all good. Embrace your emptiness, whatever you lost it's okay it will enable you to move forward more freely when the time comes. Do not forget you do have remaining strong connections that may not be visible now, may not even be fully manifest yet (11.1) and continue in the grounded honest sort of approach to life you already have.

The yang change pattern (the patterns the change lines make if all yang) is 19 , so something approaches, maybe some kind of inner or outer guidance The yin change pattern (if all change lines are made yin) is 33, suggesting the way through this time involves a kind of withdrawal 11.2 can feel as if one has been withdrawn from as if things have been taken away but it allows you your own space to receive inner guidance and go with the flow of life.

That's my view.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW my mental image of 11.2 is of someone bobbing along in the middle of the ocean holding on to some kind of inflatable raft. Anything they were carrying has been swept away...it's just them, the raft and the ocean...a bit like in 'Life of Pi'....but after they stop panicking they feel light and they know the current will wash them up somewhere and meantime maybe they can just enjoy the ride...even though it may feel pretty dicey.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
BTW I have answered as if hex 15 is you as you are right now and hex 11 the time you are going through because I think all personal characteristics are fluid changing things, not permanent or fixed. 11.1.2>15 shows you as you are now, like a snapshot. Fortunately it's quite a nice picture :)

chibi chan

visitor
Reaction score
Trojan,

Wow...Thank you. You are extraordinarily kind and your reading was eerily accurate. 11.2 I have definitely withdrawn as I was feeling alternately ignored, overlooked and abused. These circumstances at work caused me to ask for a transfer. I see the transfer as a further step to completely leaving the organization...perhaps profession. 11.1 thanks to you, now gives me some hope that there might be some help as I find my way.

Also, your totally right that I get taken advantage of. This is a long standing problem. One job I just quit without having another job lined up :eek:, I did this because I was completely overburdened and I repeatedly asked for an assistant or other help, but they said there was not much they could do at the time and that it would get better. It didn't. The company ended up having to hire three people to cover the work I did. This made me feel better, but it did absolutely nothing to help me. I see a similar pattern emerging with my current employer. It has a slightly different skew to it, but there it is.

I'm not so sure about the kind, patient part. I always feel I need to work on this. I can be entirely too direct and opinionated. It has gotten me in some hot water.

I hope I haven't rambled on about my job woes too much.

Again thank you for time you've taken to help with my reading...You're really good at this.

Chibi Chan

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about the kind, patient part. I always feel I need to work on this. I can be entirely too direct and opinionated. It has gotten me in some hot water.

I think that's a good quartet of characteristics, well summed up by 11.1.2>15. Kind, patient, direct and opinionated. I think they blend rather well. 15 is always direct. 15 isn't always about being humble and modest as some think from the title, it's more about just being who you are, neither apologising for it nor bragging of it.

I hope I haven't rambled on about my job woes too much.

Of course not, it's what this forum is for. :D

ragini

visitor
Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere, how a small thing (maybe a breeze) can have a profound impact (storm?) elsewhere. Even though it's hard to understand why, there must certainly be a series of things (maybe complex) that connect both. I think 11.1 says that you have the ability to understand the complex connection between two seemingly unrelated things.

In 11.2 I think the Yi is suggesting that you have the ability to patiently take the long term view of a situation, and put one step in front of the other to walk the path you have to. I think this requires a lot of patience, confidence, purpose, and modesty (Hexagram 15).

Really nice qualities :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).