...life can be translucent

Menu

Is it wrong to want to mourn by myself?

meganj

visitor
Reaction score
Just recently my auntie passed away, she was very sick the past couple months.. It was hard for the family seeing her like that...
I have withdrawn from everyone, haven't had much contact with her sisters or brothers.. Any of my
Extended family, just been trying to carry on normally with my
Life.. Although sad and moody, I have been ok.
These past three days the family has been at her wake at her home then took her back our hometown.. And I haven't been able to bring myself to go.. I don't want to go, I can't. The last funeral I went to was my brothers, 3 years ago.. And now after this I cannot find it in me to go.. Idk why, but I just want to be alone.. I don't think I can handle another funeral.. And I'm ok with not going I don't think I'll be regretful.. She knows I love her and I'll miss her. So why can't my family understand that? I just talked to my best friend/ cousin and she got a bit upset and angry.. Saying it was selfish of me..
I just don't see it that way though.
So, is it wrong to want to mourn alone?
I'm hoping maybe through iching I'll be able to understand something about how I am feeling..
As well as get others personal advice and opinions on the matter.
Hex 19.4>54

S

sooo

I don't do funerals, not even my own. However, I consider mourning a healthy response to a sincerely deep loss, and so does h62.

meganj

visitor
Reaction score
I am mourning.. But I'm choosing to in my own way.. Which is not being accepted by my family very well.

poised

visitor
Reaction score
the mourning after

No, meganj, wanting to mourn alone is not wrong. In various translations, 19.4 says, no fault, no error, no blame.

You might look at your situation from the perspective of time. What would benefit you in the long run?

I don't love going to funerals, and many have been conducted very nicely without my presence. But then, my family is not close and I don't have to deal with family members in person.

My best wishes to you,

S

sooo

I am mourning.. But I'm choosing to in my own way.. Which is not being accepted by my family very well.
So it's not accepted by your family. It's your way of mourning; they don't have to accept it. Let them mourn how they choose and v.v.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
You know how you feel and how you want to mourn, and let those thoughts and feelings be your guide.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
any updates on what happened ?

meganj

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,
So I ended up staying home with my bf (now ex), it might have not been understood by my family but they didn't ask me about it. I don't think my auntie holds it against me not going, she knows I love her.
And I think that is what the line was saying hence the "open- minded approach" of a person of higher rank to a person of ability whom they draw into their circle regardless of "class prejudice".

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).