...life can be translucent

Menu

Effect this medicine has on me 1.1.3.6 to 47

poised

visitor
Reaction score
PHYSICIAN changed my blood pressure meds about six weeks ago. I'm very sensitive to all meds, basically have to fight for my life with doctors ; even dental anesthesia can put me to bed for days. Current physician is wonderfully good at listening to me, prescribed the lowest dose of what he considers a mild med. Blood pressure is looking really nice.

However, the morning after I took the first pill, I awoke in tears, and have been emotionally a mess every since. Timing is hard to sort out, as I also broke up with the business/personal partner just a couple of weeks before switch to new med. Emotionally, the breakup was going fine until the new med entered the picture. Spells of sadness, but not crying jags or days lost to misery and woe, which I'm experiencing now. Irrational, to say the least.

Occurs to me that the emotional excess might be cause by the new med, so I asked Yi: What effect is the new med having?

Hexagram 1. 1,3,6 to 47

Yes indeed, 47, Exhaustion, is very familiar. Tired all the time, the apartment looks awful as I'm too bagged out to finish chores beyond doing dishes and cleaning the catbox. But this depressive state might be the result of the breakup???? Or because of the meds? This particular med lists depression as a possible side effect.

I hope this depressive state is caused by the med, but not sure whether Yi is saying that. I've read too many translations/interpretations to have a clear idea, plus I have a lot of anxiety and fear, which do not enhance clear thinking.

Probably not a popular question here, but it's not life or death at this time, as even without meds, my bp is not horrible and I'll be seeing the doc in six days. In the meantime, I'm not taking another pill. I would so appreciate your take on 1.1.3. 6. Sounds ominous to me, but I'm in an ominous mood, so who knows?

Hopefully you can shed some clear light. If this med is having unwanted side effects, there are others.

:bows:

poised

visitor
Reaction score
Less than immortal

...getting to know the big limitations, feeling less than immortal, learning the star routes by heart, forward and back, while his visions of how far there is yet to go deepen much faster than progress he makes. ...There will be a test, where a valiant attempt at an ignorant flight might be fatal....

Bradford's take on 1.3. Less than immortal is a new feeling for me... Seems to me that "fatal" does not augur well for this med I'm taking.

Otoh, "star routes" aligns with something I'm writing, a work that's important to me, that will demand at least a year to complete.

And on the other other hand, I marvel at coincidences that coincide with questions not asked. Just came in from praying to/under/with the full moon for someone/something that understands.

poised

visitor
Reaction score
Greetings from planet poised

Irrational, to say the least.

Maybe so :bag:

A lifetime of weird reactions to drugs, anemos. Started one Saturday night when I was 26, called doc for toothache med prescription because dentist was closed until Monday. Took one pill, a few minutes later I was ten feet tall and my head was the size of a pea. "STOP taking it, doc said. First of a long list of stranger-than-fiction LEGAL drug reactions.

Some people speculate that my AB negative blood type is behind this. .01% of women are AB- and we're all difficult to treat. i.e., my normal temperature is 96.8 rather than 98.6, so if I come in with a "normal" temperature, I really do have a fever. Physician I once dated told me that if I ever had a traffic accident, the medics would probably kill me trying to save my life.

:odd: It's not easy being green.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
What effect is the new med having?
1.1.3.6 > 47

It's messing with your mind. Blood pressure medication is notorious for its mental side effects. DynaCirc (isradipine)) converted my late mother into a vegetable. When I stopped it, she recovered her mind. However, it is unsafe to stop some blood pressure medications suddenly. Check online for the side effects of your medication. If to any percentage it lists confusion, depression, or other such, then your medication is the likely cause. In my case I control my blood pressure by religiously avoiding salt. I buy no foods without knowing its sodium content. No pizza or canned soup in four years. I miss it, but better I miss it than miss the rest of my life. Three weeks ago I was so pleased to find that Walmart, unlike others, now sells frozen garden peas with 0% sodium added.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
I've had bad mental effects with medications getting hex 1 from the I Ching. Other than that, I'd like to say that it's hard to interpret medical questions with the I Ching and you have to take everything with a grain of salt -- or eliminate the salt entirely, as Pocassin posted above . . .

anemos

visitor
Reaction score

Irrational, to say the least.

Maybe so :bag:

was teasing you a bit. ;) What i meant is that what you are going through seems pretty natural- the initial numbness and the following realization with all those feelings.Sometimes I wish I were Mr Spock when facing such things.:rolleyes:.

maybe something in the medicine ( is it a depressant ?) reduces some resistant of your, but my impression from your reading is they are not the main cause .

Hope you have some help from you doc Mrs Green ;)

poised

visitor
Reaction score
I would say yes, the meds are exacerbating your situation and causing depression. I would look into something like NAET, as it lists hypertension (high blood pressure) as one of the symptoms it can cure.

http://www.naet.com/Patients/symptoms.aspx

Thanks, chaching. Sounds interesting indeed. We do have a woman in town who does NAET. An acupuncturist. I'm rather new in this town, don't really know what her rep is, but will find out.

Acupuncture has always been wonderful for me; for years in San Francisco, an acupuncturist from Shanghai was my main and basically only medical person. WE had long talks, I'd try to be his first morning patient so he had time to explain things at length. It seemed to me that my body learned how to respond to acupuncture.

Come to think of it, I first visited him one Sunday morning when I was desperately ill from using harsh chemicals to clean the day before. Was downtown SF with friend, couldn't breath auto exhaust without feeling like I'd fall to the ground unconscious. Considered going to the hospital emergency room, but what would they do? Give me more chemicals. Then I realized I was close to Chinatown, walked over, went into first little shop that advertised acupuncture. Went in at death's door, came out an hour later feeling like a Mercedes Benz that had been tuned by a master mechanic. So very powerful, so incredibly healing.

i chaching

visitor
Reaction score
Poised, that's great that you were able to find fast relief naturally. Glad to hear it!

poised

visitor
Reaction score
Food is your best medicine

What effect is the new med having?
1.1.3.6 > 47

It's messing with your mind. Blood pressure medication is notorious for its mental side effects. DynaCirc (isradipine)) converted my late mother into a vegetable. When I stopped it, she recovered her mind. However, it is unsafe to stop some blood pressure medications suddenly. Check online for the side effects of your medication. If to any percentage it lists confusion, depression, or other such, then your medication is the likely cause. In my case I control my blood pressure by religiously avoiding salt. I buy no foods without knowing its sodium content. No pizza or canned soup in four years. I miss it, but better I miss it than miss the rest of my life. Three weeks ago I was so pleased to find that Walmart, unlike others, now sells frozen garden peas with 0% sodium added.

Thanks pocossin. It does seem that it's messing with my mind. Side effects do include depression. It's called Atenolol. 25 mg 1x day. I started by splitting it in half.

Interesting and frightening, what your mother went through. I totally believe you. I live in an "over 55" complex, can easily tell who's on meds, which is practically everyone. I think the legal meds are worse than meth...maybe not long term, but our resident meth user shoots up in the morning, does a days work in about 4 hours, drinks a few beers to "come down, and everyone likes him. Legal drugs just turn people into mashed potatoes, as you noted.

Salt. Hmmm. I avoided it for decades, tried to adhere to a "Bieler diet," no salt, sugar, honey, plenty of veggies, and for me, rare red meat. . Trying to recall when I started using it again and think perhaps that's when my bp started rising. But it might just be an age thing too? I know I can go without it. So goodbye to that lovely pink Himalayan stuff I've been using. Well, I'll probably wait until I'm really over this relationship, because I don't want to give up everything on the same day...would make me a serious candidate for the not-so-funny farm.

Here's the book by Dr. Bieler. I actually wrote the "most popular" review under still another nom de plume
http://www.amazon.com/Food-Your-Bes...03&sr=8-1&keywords=food+is+your+best+medicine

poised

visitor
Reaction score
"I've had bad mental effects with medications getting hex 1 from the I Ching."

Thanks, ginnie. That's reassuring. I'd be frightened about it if I were the only one.

poised

visitor
Reaction score
Follow up on bp med side effects dilligently. I just found out today that my "normal" pulse has been 34 bpm, for years. The VA doc kept increasing the med to control the bp, not realizing that that med is safe only up to a point before the heart slows down to dangerous levels. It took an nurse's assistant to point it out. The result will hopefully be positive since they are saying my pulse is too low to safely make the 6 hour drives to and from the VA Prescott hospital, hopefully resulting in seeing a local cardiologist.

I was so tired, I'd fall asleep for hours even during the day. What initially feels bad can open opportunities to hone in on more effective treatment.

egads and gadzooks, sooo/meng, if you're not a Lance Armstrong clone, that heart rate is scary. http://myathleticlife.com/2011/09/do-you-have-a-healthy-heart/

Makes one wonder about the medical profession. What exactly WERE they doing in med school? Learning how to kowtow to BigPharma? Please take super care of yourself, as you are needed here. And elsewhere, I'm quite sure.

What Tom says about sodium is important. I eat dinner with others now and don't have that kind of control over salt, but I control my portions.

Yes, thanks to both of you for the reminder. So many herbs and spices in my cabinet, I can do without salt very nicely, if I manage to REMEMBER to do that. Tabasco cures all ills at my house :rofl: Yum

I personally don't think it's the med only though, in your case. You've been stressing a lot it seems lately, and that directly effects the heart's function. 47 is something by itself, as well as being only related to this reading - exhaustion has inner and exterior causes. I think you need a break, and maybe that's a medication only you can give to yourself

Yes, too true. Stress has been my middle name....between the med and the crazy relationship stuff, life as been difficult. One thing for sure, I will never risk putting myself back into anything with him again. A tremendously good lesson.

Cannot thank you enough for your understanding and support

poised

visitor
Reaction score
the initial numbness and the following realization with all those feelings.

Yes, good observation. I thought about that too, anemos. Between the bridge and the river, the feelings arise. Splat.

The emotions were going to flow anyway. But this is not my first rodeo, as we say here in the west, and I've never been this nuts. Friends and even friends of friends used to come to me for how-to-break-up pep talks, because I was so good at it. But that was when I took no meds whatsoever. And was younger, come to think of it.

Actually, today was better, after not taking pill last night.

S

sooo

egads and gadzooks, sooo/meng, if you're not a Lance Armstrong clone, that heart rate is scary. http://myathleticlife.com/2011/09/do-you-have-a-healthy-heart/

Makes one wonder about the medical profession. What exactly WERE they doing in med school? Learning how to kowtow to BigPharma? Please take super care of yourself, as you are needed here. And elsewhere, I'm quite sure.

Thanks for the informative article, and encouragement.

I deleted my post cuz I felt it spoke too much of my situation rather than your reading. To be perfectly candid, no one's more surprised that it's still ticking than I am. Since moving out of my earlier neighborhood, I don't have the terrain for my daily vigorous walks with my dog, and without my dog I lack motivation anyway. But I need to get some cardiovascular daily activity going, even if I drive back to my earlier neighborhood to do it. Otherwise I feel like I'm just fading away. So this new local cardiologist possibility has my hopes up again for an improved regiment.

Yes, stress was mentioned in your article too: "Stress, especially chronic stress, can be a huge factor in decreased HRV."

Btw, both Tom and I have been diagnosed with congestive heart failure, myself a few long years ago, not sure about Tom. Please take care of your heart before it reaches this condition.

:hug:

poised

visitor
Reaction score
Dogs, love, life

I don't have the terrain for my daily vigorous walks with my dog, and without my dog I lack motivation anyway. But I need to get some cardiovascular daily activity going, even if I drive back to my earlier neighborhood to do it. Otherwise I feel like I'm just fading away. So this new local cardiologist possibility has my hopes up again for an improved regiment.......Btw, both Tom and I have been diagnosed with congestive heart failure, myself a few long years ago, not sure about Tom. Please take care of your heart before it reaches this condition.

Fading away is not OK, not even allowed. So cut it out .:demon:

Sorry about your dog. Can you get another? Or a cat? Having furry four-legged unconditional love in your life is health giving. WE all need someone to love. My precious Ananda (AndyMan) curls up with me at night, sometimes purrs. Means so much.

I belong to a gym, stopped going months ago, but am mentally working up to that treadmill again....Can you do something like that?

I Thanks for being here for me so often. I wish you the very best. :hug:

S

sooo

chuckle, yes m'am, no fading!

Ananda, what a great name. No more pooches for me. There's a noisy *nose scrunch* Corgi living in the house and two affectionate cats. Of course neither they nor any other could ever replace my Mojo, and getting another dog is entirely impractical now. But it's a nice thought. I plan on moving into my own place again when I save up enough reserve (assuming my energy/pulse returns) - a benefit of share renting this place, saving money. VA doc mentioned a pacemaker several times, but I'm not up for invasive surgery. Frankly, fading while intact really is not a bad way to go, better than on a cold steel table with chest cavity split open. I'll meet Mojo there and we'll continue our walks over and through the mountains here, like we used to do. That's my afterlife wish, my heaven. Meanwhile it's one breath at a time. That's all it is for everyone, really.

Edit, I've just been informed by roomies and online that having a pacemaker installed isn't really such a big deal after all, and it's designed for slow beating hearts. So, we'll see.

Please let us know how you're coming along with your heart, poised.

Last edited:

poised

visitor
Reaction score
Got rhythm?

That Corgi should fix you right up, sooo. We had a Cardigan Corgi, with the tail, for 17 years. Major warrior dog liked long marches. Now my daughter has a tail-free Pembroke that loves to hike. Do you have a leash?

Indoor exercise? Believe it or not, some cats like to dance. My old guy, Lucky, would curl into my neck when we danced to Fred Astaire songs , Ananda not so interested until someone put on Joe Cocker.

Pacemakers are fine things, and smaller than they used to be, thank goodness. Let us know what you decide to do, please.

http://watchlearnlive.heart.org/CVML_Player.php?moduleSelect=pacmkr

S

sooo

The Corgi is a spoiled rotten loudmouth whose owner thinks she's a person, her baby, who is in charge of the household. Obviously that doesn't fly with me, having my own very effective way with dogs, and I darn sure won't be dominated by the little sh*t, nor her owner. It upsets the owner that she listens to me but not to her. She'd do well to watch and learn rather than give her dog the power to run the household. The cats are cool though. No, I'm going back to walking the roads for exercise, alone. Went to visit my dog's haunts last evening, but the fields were covered with the biggest yellow hornets I've ever seen. Have to find some new walking turf.

Thanks for your concern. :)

How's the med and mood coming along for you?

poised

visitor
Reaction score
OUTCOME: My doc said yes, of course the med is making you feel depressed.

No more beta blockers for me. It's been ten days since I took the last one, and my mood is entirely different. Same old life problems, but they're not overwhelming now.

He prescribed another med, and if this one gives me side effects, I won't wait for an entire month to give it back to him. What was I thinking? It's unlike me to go on taking something I think might have side effects -- that in itself was a symptom of the bad effect the stuff had. Hidden dragon, maybe.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Last Friday night there was heavy frost here, and I prepared for it by stripping my garden. I ended up with 15 pounds of jalapeno peppers and began to use them heavily. I was surprised to find that there is such a thing as a jalapeno high, and the side effects of the medication I take either disappeared or were greatly reduced. It's the first time in years that I have gotten a good night's sleep. Undoubtedly jalapeno interferes with some medications. It increases the potency of warfarin so should be tried with care. If the government knew how good jalapeno was, there'd probably be a law against it. Jethro Kloss was right about the benefits of hot pepper.

adarkana

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not on any prescribed medication, but have been experiencing much the same emotional upheaval as described at the beginning of this thread (crying jags, days to misery lost, etc.) Asked the I Ching to comment -- literally, just said "I am miserable" as I threw the coins -- and received the same combination: 1.1,3,6>47.

I too am going through some relationship stuff, but now wonder if there might be some physiological variable deepening the woe. At any rate thought it might be worth adding here, being two queries motivated by the same goal (to get a handle on crazy mood stuff) resulting in the same answer.

Greenkid

visitor
Reaction score
Hello there 'poised' I had a pacemaker installed in 1999. I was sent home with 4 drugs, one for the heart, one for blood pressure, a diuretic and a statin. I felt as though my life was ended. On three days I forgot to take them and felt OK, on the 4th day I remembered to take them and immediately felt awful again. I stopped all of them and have taken no prescription drugs ever since. My BP is higher than it should be but my doctor knows that I wont take the drugs so doesn't offer any. I am not suggesting that anyone else does the same but I would suggest that you look on the internet for 'Orthomolecular Medicine' I think you will be astonished. By the way Pocossin, in one if your posts you advised people never to take choledril (I've forgotten the word) I recently had a mini stroke and even though no cause was found I was still prescribed choledril and a statin I took both of them back unopened to the pharmacist. I believe my mini stroke was due to dehydration as I do not drink enough so try to do so now. Incidentally, what is NAET ? Regards, meigga

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).