...life can be translucent

Menu

6.2.6-45, help asked with understanding..

Freya D

visitor
Reaction score
hi there,

my question is about a new person i met, we had a really nice time. I took most initiative
to get in contact. Im a bit difficult letting people really close to me and want to learn this..
now I asked YI about this person how to relate to him and got

6.2.6- 45, i wonder could the conflict be inside of me? there was no conflict although i might have hurt him
a bit by being hard to reach..line 2 and 6 give the idea of not acting. and just see what happens..curious about your experience with hex 6..

thanks!

redarmada

visitor
Reaction score
Your question is "How do I relate to him", is that correct? It makes me wonder a little bit when you say that there was "no conflict" between you, you say that you had a nice time together, but still you feel the need to ask the Yi how to relate to this person, and you're already afraid that you've hurt his feelings or been too distant. The fact that you're unsure in this way suggests that you may already sense what Hexagram 6 is telling you- that you won't be able to relate to this person, that there is some fundamental disconnect between you.

In my experience, Hexagram 6 usually does *not* refer to an open conflict or a public argument, but to opposing "energies" (like Spinoza's mismatched forces which cause each other to lose power) or temperaments which conflict with each other. Even if you two didn't have open antagonism or argument, it might be that you just don't match each other (maybe you even oppose each other), mentally, emotionally, in some way. H6 cautions you against trying to "fight" your way through such a disconnect. You have a truth that you're trying to express, but between the heavens and the waters there can be no union, so your communication is fruitless ("truth and confidence- blocked"). 6.6 might be what will happen if you try to relate to this person- very temporary gains that are stripped away again and again. Thus you get 6.2 as a warning- this is an argument that you can't "win", and it will be fruitless to try and force some kind of relation where there is none- better for you to "return to your town" (supportive friends, ideas, places, your own emotional wellbeing) and put your energy there into recuperating.
The relating hexagram, 45, gathering together, could simply mean that you are trying to "gather together" with him but it will result in "argument", or it could mean that whatever kind of "gathering together" you do, you must be like the noble one and prepare yourself for the unforeseen... Not very clear to me.

This is what I see in your reading, I hate to be a stormcrow, but also, I'm no expert... I recommend that you ask the Yi clarifying questions, figure out the best path for you. Good luck, I hope you can figure out what you need.

Last edited:

Freya D

visitor
Reaction score
thank you so much redarmada! I think you are right about it. I just had a bit of an insight about it.
It seems it is not even about this person, but about how i deal with the situation of being alone. ( he is very kind, but I might not be interested enough but want to see more there) I fight it,
start meeting new people. While this only gets me in conflicing situations, and in conflict with myself, because it is too fast. The best thing is to return to myself, my friends and my process and gather strenght and wisdom..

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).