...life can be translucent

Menu

So crushed after reading. Please help me with 22.3.5 > 42. Just about to give up

nykkic

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I recently realized that all I ever wanted in life was a man who loves me and whom I will love too.

So today I asked the I Ching:

''Will I find the man for life ?" (yes i know.. I asked about predictions/future :( but I am so desperate) ... I asked that cos I have a much younger boyfriend and my gut feeling tells me this can't be forever cos he is so much younger..

so anyway yes I asked the I Ching ''Will I find the man for life ?"

and the answer was: 22.3.5 > 42

I am so crushed... 22 means everything is just superficial and no big gains ... I was hoping for love and marriage with the right man ... I am so sad now ...

is there anything positive or hope in this reading for me too?? Please please someone help me with this .. I am not good at reading the I Ching's answers !!!
Please help me !!

bless you and love to everyone <3

Nykki

maudie

visitor
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it a bad reading at all.

IMO: you look at thigs superficially (22), don't think you're good enough (22.5) but you are (22.3) and 42 is generally a good omen.

B

blue_angel

Why do you assume that it won't last because he is younger? How much younger? I have female friends as well as male friends that are as married to people as much as 10 years younger than them. I was married to a man 10 years older than myself. It didn't last, but it had nothing to do with age difference.

Daeluin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
"Will I find the man for life?" is a yes or no question. The I Ching guides us through changes, so when asked for a black or white answer we get an answer on how the situation may change. It could be showing us how we may change to find what is sought, or how our current approach is unfolding.

When we ask for guidance on change from the start I think it helps with getting a response that is easier to understand.

Here we have 22 changing to 42.

I find 22 to be very beautiful and poignant. It can represent the cultivation of outward appearances, adorning ones self to look a certain way, and be read as superficiality. Or it can represent the cultivation of inner illumination and clarity while externally calm and still, and be read as grace. The fire is sealed under the mountain, or it leaks out. In the end, one who surrenders the desire for attention is recognized as being graceful, while one who works from the desire for attention has only superficiality.

In line three we have the height of the fire, the strength of the dazzle. It yearns to express itself and to be recognized. This is a powerful line and will receive positive results - unless it becomes too cluttered by collecting external adornments. Too many degrees, titles, airs, gems will all diminish and mask recognition of one's true self. By turning this strength inwards and surrendering the desire for attention we can let the dazzle burn from within. Here it will radiate outwards and even otherwise unadorned those who see will notice.

In line five, "a small garden, a modest house on a hill and a simple gift taken to a wise one; these are the things on which a happy and lasting relationship are based." Here is the middle of the mountain, the heart of stillness. Here one has all one needs for a satisfying life. Unless the fire is tamed, one may be ashamed of such a simple life and desire more than one has. Here we see - if the fire wants to abandon the simplicity and stillness of the mountain, it isn't strong enough to become more than superficial in the eyes of others, yet if the fire is kept within, it results in graceful clarity and a life richly satisfied in simple terms.

In 42 there is great potential energy for increasing ones own situation and benefiting others, with an open heart. One will hear the peal of the thunder and from this spark work hard, increasing one's positivity even as one decreases one's negativity. As one's situation grows to begin affecting others, one is able to bring benefit to others through humility - ego will result in criticism, yet a common cause may open others to receptiveness to the strength of this penetrating wind of benefit one is bringing to share. At this point one may selflessly share clearly and deeply. Yet one cannot bring good to others if one is not good inside. There must be renewed determination to make one's self good before one is able to benefit others, lest one lose all.

So in 42 I am seeing a type of situation you might build something significant and lasting with another person, and through cultivating yourself you are able to bring benefit to this partnership, which may be exended and expanded upon to benefit your family, circle of friends, or even something large - so long as you maintain your inner cultivation.

And you get to this through transcending the desire to adorn yourself with external markings, turning this desire into something without expecation that will fuel an inner illumination. This will bring you a gracefullness that may help in attracting the type of person you seek, and this "taming of fire" will also allow you to accept and be grateful for the simple things in life without asking for or needing more.

At least, this is what I am reading. To me this sounds like a lovely circumstance - the lessons may be difficult and may take some time to learn and manifest. I find the deeper one is able to surrender to life and humble one's ego, the richer and deeper the rewards. Often this means acceptance and patience while you learn to change and allow the energies time to reshape.

I hope this was helpful to you.
Blessings!

nykkic

visitor
Reaction score
@ Maudie .... you are giving me hope to find a good man for life... really hope

@ BlueAngel.. he is 20 years younger and often neglects me .. but well he is young and wants to live

@ Daeulin .. thank you for taking so much of your time to reply to me ...some parts of your post just made me cry so hard.. i dont know why but it was good that it came out.. all that pain

I god i hope so much i can find a good man.... i am still in so much pain left... i just wanna love and be loved

nykkic

visitor
Reaction score
But please explain to me someone in EASY words what my reading

22.3.5 > 42 means when it comes to my question about finding the right man for my life

kylied1988

visitor
Reaction score
its looks to me like 22 s beauty and your question was will i find the right man.. beauty is not only on the outside but its skin deep also. it may be telling you that your feelings and thoughts before asking iching the questions.. and your thoughts of your boyfriend being younger than yourself and that expresses your concerns. what i think it could be telling you that its not the outside you should take things gracefully and sincerity instead of worrying about the material things. ie age. but then yo express how u just want to be loved and maybe you need to look at your inner beauty also. hex 42.. is the very opposite and relates to the time when the inequalities have been addressed.. I tells you that this is a time of opportunity and that you should take advantage of it. And take advantage quickly for no situation is permanent. hope that kinda helps im new to this.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
"he is 20 years younger and often neglects me"

22- Legge: Fire at the foot of the mountain -- the image of Persona. Thus the superior man adorns his rule with grace, but makes "important decisions in conformance with higher laws."
I bet he is handsome (on the outside) but on the inside? (doesn't sound like it.)

You are making a decision to be with him, but you want to be with someone who will not neglect you.
That seems like an important decision to me.

line-3: Blofeld: His (your) adornments are such that he appears to glisten -- righteous determination maintained up to the very end brings good fortune.
Blofeld: This implies that, to the very end, no one will thwart our purposes.

line-5: Legge: The fifth line, magnetic, shows its subject (you) adorned by the occupants of the heights and gardens. She bears her roll of silk, small and slight. She may appear stingy, but there will be good fortune in the end.
Confucius/Legge: The good fortune falling to the fifth line affords occasion for joy.

The changing lines seem to say to me, "Yes, and here is how... with Righteous Determination even though someone (the young guy) may think you stingy, but good fortune will come in the end"

nykkic

visitor
Reaction score
"he is 20 years younger and often neglects me"

22- Legge: Fire at the foot of the mountain -- the image of Persona. Thus the superior man adorns his rule with grace, but makes "important decisions in conformance with higher laws."
I bet he is handsome (on the outside) but on the inside? (doesn't sound like it.)

You are making a decision to be with him, but you want to be with someone who will not neglect you.
That seems like an important decision to me.

line-3: Blofeld: His (your) adornments are such that he appears to glisten -- righteous determination maintained up to the very end brings good fortune.
Blofeld: This implies that, to the very end, no one will thwart our purposes.

line-5: Legge: The fifth line, magnetic, shows its subject (you) adorned by the occupants of the heights and gardens. She bears her roll of silk, small and slight. She may appear stingy, but there will be good fortune in the end.
Confucius/Legge: The good fortune falling to the fifth line affords occasion for joy.

The changing lines seem to say to me, "Yes, and here is how... with Righteous Determination even though someone (the young guy) may think you stingy, but good fortune will come in the end"

omg thank you so much ... I think I understand now ... i really think I understand now

... and yes I know for example i am a good person with a good heart and character so I deserve a good man and a good relationship

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).