...life can be translucent

Menu

Can anyone elaborate on what is meant by "ritual" in hexagram 34?

megs

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Is the ritual simply about being sensitive to another's perspective or point :duh:of view?

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
maybe you are referring to a different hexagram?

I don't see the word ritual anywhere in 34

S

sooo

maybe you are referring to a different hexagram?

I don't see the word ritual anywhere in 34

Howdy Moss Elk.

I believe the ritual reference comes from LiSe's http://www.yijing.nl/i_ching/hex_33-48/hex_e_34.htm

The idea isn't so different from Wilhelm's
Thus the superior man does not tread upon paths
That do not accord with established order.

I take to mean, in plain terms, as to prepare and think through any act you may regret later, through the use of (usually brute) power.

S

sooo

ritual for the power of one possible swing:

A batter steps up to the plate, spits on his hands/gloves, kicks the dirt around like a bull about to charge, wiggles his batting helmet, tugs his beard, spits, and takes his stance for the pitch. Meanwhile, the pitcher and catcher were signaling back and forth, with tugs of the hat bill, finger flicks and shakes of the head, he spits a few spent sunflower seeds, throws to first just to keep the game alive. All that for one pitch, that wasn't even thrown yet.

megs

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, yes I see, all that energy going into something which may not be appropriate for the moment at all. Pausing to think before acting out may stop you in your tracks before you make a complete fool of yourself. Perhaps a need to not react at all for a while as there is too much unrestrained energy.

i got the combination of hex 1.5.6>34 in response to "how has the dynamics of the recent family crisis effected me". (My father became suddenly ill, recovering now , but the reality of both of my siblings dis-engagement with it all has got me shocked as I found myself alone to deal with it all .)

Thank you both for your responses, lots to think about!:rolleyes:

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
And I read it differently still -

Thunder in the sky above
Big and strong
The noble young one, accordingly, outside of respect,
will not take a step

S

sooo

Ah, yes I see, all that energy going into something which may not be appropriate for the moment at all. Pausing to think before acting out may stop you in your tracks before you make a complete fool of yourself. Perhaps a need to not react at all for a while as there is too much unrestrained energy.

i got the combination of hex 1.5.6>34 in response to "how has the dynamics of the recent family crisis effected me". (My father became suddenly ill, recovering now , but the reality of both of my siblings dis-engagement with it all has got me shocked as I found myself alone to deal with it all .)

Summed up nicely.

I'd say it has amped you up mightily, based on your reading.

34 (to me) isn't only about what you can't, won't or shouldn't do, it's about how you do it, or not. You can do nothing or something in not a good way, or in a good way, or at the very least, a way without blame.

Last edited:

megs

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, looks like I might have to curb a bit of emotion with the line 6 of hex 1:D, maybe that way I won't lose any face??

Thank you for your input:)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).