...life can be translucent

Menu

whats wrong with my back? hexagram 55.1.6>56

evas

visitor
Reaction score
Dear all i just found myself in a weird and painful situation.
I am on a trip a vacation in the middle of nowhere, and after dinner i suddenly found myself in terrible pain. The pain got worse tduring on hour or so crippling me to tally waist down. Now its the middle of the night and i cant sleep ... I will try to get myself to some medical help tommorrow but in meantime i am stressing myself if this is some serious back injury, but i really was just getting from the dinner table when the pain struck... I asked how bad is this is it a disc herniation or anything that is extremely serious like needing a surgrery? Got 55>56... Now i really am not sure what it means. That my injury is just transiet, easy come easy go?. Or does it mean that i will have to quit my vacation and travel home? Please help :) thanx

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
but i really was just getting from the dinner table when the pain struck

It's unlikely to be a serious back injury you probably just pulled a muscle and then that muscle went into spasm to protect itself and when the back muscles go into spasm it can be pretty hard to straighten up or get about. If it is back spasm then try to relax now as much as you can to allow your muscles to relax out of spasm.

I think it would be unlikely to need surgery given what you say...but I don't know of course. I wonder if you have done a lot, overdone things and strained your back (hex 55,1,6) the 56 makes this look pretty temporary. Perhaps you have been doing a lot...and then the movement from the table was just the straw that broke the camel's back

Anyway I'm not qualified to say but as advice for right now try to not to worry as back pain can be very severe but still only be muscle spasms.

I really wouldn't be worrying about these things just yet

I asked how bad is this is it a disc herniation or anything that is extremely serious like needing a surgrery? Got 55>56...

try to relax tonight and then move quite gently when you get up and of course get it checked out tomorrow. Keep breathing steady and relax...move gently when necessary and stop worrying. The thing is the more you worry the tighter your muscles will become whereas if you can relax the pain may lessen.

At such times a glass of wine or something can help relax muscles more....

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Think of what you have been doing. Have you done a lot of driving, or sitting or just been stressed. Often just that little movement of getting out of the chair can trigger something that has been building through tension.....that's why I'm stressing the point that if it's night time where you are now, the best you can do is really relax and not worry. That small movement triggering all that pain sounds pretty muscular to me....not something needing surgery.

But do get it checked tomorrow as I'm not qualified to say obviously....but I do know it's quite common to be under strain, be okay....and then some little movement can make the back muscles clench and spasm.

evas

visitor
Reaction score
Dear trojan
Thanks very very much. Yes to get here it was a 4hour drive and i know my back gets a little stressed from this. Plus i have been doing core strenghtening exercises for 2 months now to actually avoid back problemsand injuries at sport since i am an endurance freak :) but i did have very slight pain sometimes during these sessions however i never paid enough attention to this. I'll let you know how things will turn out. Thanks very much for your interpretation, advice and concern :)

evas

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Trojan,
So the doc said it looks to him like a pinched nerve of a stressed back which might be caused of spasm plus making unexpected brisk movements, so he gave me 3 kinds of pills that habe helped me to relieve the pain a little and i have to stay in bed. However he said no xray or so is necessary, only if it wont get better i shall go to my local hospital for an mr. So lets hope it is really just a temporary spasm. Funny, i work out so much to avoid these kind of problems but i guess it was just a coincidence of many details that resulted in this paralysing painburst. Thanks again :)

evas

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Trojan, its been a while since i posted the reading regarding my back troubles, exactly its been now 1,5 months. So I suffered form backpain several time since i left here this post, and i am now finally diagnosed with 3 damaged spinal discs - one fully herniated. So it is lifelong injury. I hope that I will be able to continue living my active way of life soon. Meantime I tossed the coins again and i got answers of patience and decrease. I am going through tough times at the moment in many different ways. I am looking forward for putting an end to this soon, since no storms and darkness can last forever. Eva

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear that Evas , what a shock !

evas

visitor
Reaction score
Hello thought i'll give an update. I managed to somehow more or less deal with this injury but had to invest a lot of time nd money into rehabilitation and had to change and adjust many things in life and be more mindful about my health and back. Was doing well and painfree just here and there minor pain flare ups but was able to enjoy life to the fullest. Kinda thought like I really managed to get the situation and my back under control. I was more or less okay but had a very tough 2015 had personal ups and downs and extremely tough year at work with hardly having any time left for myself untíll xmas when I thought is is finally time for me to enjoy myself and went running almost everyday. Then one day I woke up and the pain was back but tremendously big paralyzing pain similar to the one I experienced when I started this thread in 2013. Terrible ... Currently I am in a difficult situation loooking for a new job but not sure how I will get it is I am not able in my condition to even work :-( so i asked i ching how serious is this back problem now and if this is like to final operation state... and got 55 unchanging. Kinda fear like it is ... But on the other hand I thought hex 55 is a positive one and an operation I rather see as dead end than a light of hope.. Many many thanks though :)

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Currently I am in a difficult situation loooking for a new job but not sure how I will get it is I am not able in my condition to even work :-( so i asked i ching how serious is this back problem now and if this is like to final operation state... and got 55 unchanging. Kinda fear like it is ... But on the other hand I thought hex 55 is a positive one and an operation I rather see as dead end than a light of hope.. Many many thanks though :)

Hi I didn't understand the sentence I underlined 'if this is like to final operation state' ? You say you were fine till recently, running each day and now you have pain. You said earlier on you were an 'endurance freak'....er do you think you are just asking rather too much of your back given you have already had back problems ? It's not that often surgery is done for back pain I don't think but of course in your case with the earlier condition you described perhaps this was already suggested.

55uc for how serious ? I wouldn't be able to say although it does suggest there are no further facts to be uncovered, That is there isn't a lot of change from the original diagnosis of disc damage. Most people will have this to some degree simply through wear and tear. I wasn't sure what 'fully herniated' was, I guess it's what they used to call a 'slipped disc'. Don't underestimate the effect of recent upheavals either on your back, the more tension, the tighter the muscles...well I expect you know all that. In any question on medical prognosis I'd hesitate to offer anything as fact until you had been checked out by a Dr. In this case I don't really know what to make of the 55uc but it certainly isn't the worst cast one can have.

Try not to panic or fret about the future, try to relax as much as you can. If you are placing a lot of stress on your self and carrying on regardless your back might well be giving you the message that you can't and giving you no option but to hear that you can't.

I'm inclined to think that as this has happened once and you managed as you described....

I managed to somehow more or less deal with this injury but had to invest a lot of time nd money into rehabilitation and had to change and adjust many things in life and be more mindful about my health and back. Was doing well and painfree just here and there minor pain flare ups but was able to enjoy life to the fullest. Kinda thought like I really managed to get the situation and my back under control. I was more or less okay but had a very tough 2015 had personal ups and downs and extremely tough year at work with hardly having any time left for myself untíll xmas when I thought is is finally time for me to enjoy myself and went running almost everyday.

....then this is what can happen again, you are highly likely IMO to be back enjoying your life to the fullest once this flare up is over. However now you have had this several times I'd think you may need to be more wary of how much strain to put it under. Strengthening core muscles and so on is all very helpful but it won't necessarily make up for a compromised back. That's just me saying that, not the I Ching. So all I can say is

1. Don't panic or think the worst because the cast isn't saying that as far as I can see
2. Look after it and resume those things that helped you the first time
3. Consider how much stress you place on yourself, you might think you can just push on through it but your back won't always agree.
4. Go and get it checked out again

If they did one MRI not so long ago I doubt they will do another. Did they actually recommend surgery ?

altair139

visitor
Reaction score
55 is "abundance", this could be about the stress accumulated on your back throughout many years (maybe of bad posture habit), your nerve in the back is being squished by your spines (at the facet joints or dislocated intervertebral discs) that's why you're feeling painful and numb.
55.1> 60
signifying no excessive action should be allowed, and 60 is limitation, this could be the restraint of your back movement

60.6 > 56
your back movement is strongly restrained because of your pain. A surgery could be implied here as 56 is "transition", they have to fix your back by putting things back to its places.

Consult your doctors for more info, but I've met a lot of people with this symptom and after a few years they just live with it :/

G

gael123

FWIW Evas I was diagnosed with a herniated disc 18 months ago and am completely back to normal and pain-free, touch wood. The thing about herniated discs is countless people have them - bulges or tears. It's very common. Very few cause any symptoms. What causes the symptom is in the nerve and musculature - the lack of movement is because of the muscles tensing to protect the spine. When someone says you have a spinal injury it's incredibly frightening which adds to the stress. But actually the back is probably really reacting to the tensions and ups and downs of your life, which are forced into your body and become somatic responses. While you should always be careful with your back and keep the muscles flexible and healthy, I believe - and my own experience backs this up completely - that sciatic pain and so on are very responsive to mental state. I would work on being conscious of the way your emotions are moving - the way they have been affected by your life experience in recent years - and trying in whatever way you can to deal with them consciously rather than letting the back pain add to them. I hope that helps. It's not intended as license to ignore your physical health at all, of course, which I am sure you would not do.

The hexagrams you have cast would seem to fit with this scenario tbh: excess emotional energy, surplus to the requirements of movement, has led to restriction. To me, 56, your original relating hexagram, is also an image of lack of support, lack of comfort - sometimes of feeling or being alone and uprooted. Which often registers as bodily ills.

evas

visitor
Reaction score
hello,
Thanks a lot, you have pretty much rang the bell!!! I really have been fighting anxiety for diferrent reasons the last 2-3 years. I am however trying to get things on track again... Many many thanks :) hope your back will also hold in one piece and stay healthy ;-)

Last edited:

evas

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,
Finally I am seeing a doc tomorrow and will bring a new mri scan with me that was just done recently, i hope you will be right :) i will keep you updated:) been struggling with trying to recover along quite stresful times at work which is slowing down the whole process... many thanks for your support :bows: Save

evas

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,
Finally I am seeing a doc tomorrow and will bring a new mri scan with me that was just done recently, i hope you will be right :) i will keep you updated:) been struggling with trying to recover along quite stresful times at work which is slowing down the whole process... many thanks for your support :bows: Save

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).