...life can be translucent

Menu

Why does my heart skip a beat sometimes? 1.1.2.5.6 -> 62

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
I just love symmetrical answers from the Yi :) Inner hexagrams are 1.1.6 -> 28 (Exceeding), like in my other post What-is-your(Yi)-purpose-in-my-life

Sometimes (like 0 - 4 times a month) my heart skips one beat, takes a half-sec pause and then the next beat feels stronger. I feel fine, and the doctors say I'm ok.

I think Yi says to me: Your heart is fine(hex 1), it follows the sine pattern, going up(line 5) and down(line 2) but sometimes an excessive pressure builds up(line 6, internal hex 28) so it must wait a little (line 1).

Don't worry about this small imperfection :eek:uch: (Hex 62 'Small excess').

S

sooo

From what I've read, it's normal for the heart to have occasional arrhythmia, with 0-4 times a months being normal. Here I'd consider seriousness or intensity to be your 1 with lines (pretty extreme), and 62 to be like a fast and hard shift from racing your engine to letting it idle back down, and racing it again. There's likely to be a backfire or misfire as it idles back down. The heart is a muscle, and like all muscles, will spasm from time to time.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
Oh, interesting point of view, sooo, yes you can look at the hexagrams as a transition! Of course :duh:
But it can happen at any time, mostly while I'm doing nothing :) I'm 28 and I think the skipping was with me from birth.

I was hoping you would post something useful, with your surgery and all, thanks!

S

sooo

I was amazed at what a cardiologist can tell from even a glance at an EKG chart reading. Things that would go right by an average GP unnoticed, and they take only a few quick minutes to scan and read. If you notice severe or frequent symptoms, I suggest taking it seriously. People die of heart attacks in their 20's and 30's; you don't have be an ole fart like me to have serious heart problems. Otherwise, if it's an occasional bump, blip, etc, it's likely a normal reaction.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
No no, nothing serious. I went to cardiologist, and have done EKG, he said I've some common minor defect, like 33% of population has it :)

The main purpose of this post was to get a second opinion on the Yi answer, and maybe to get advice about the heart.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Why does my heart skip a beat sometimes?
1.1.2.5.6 > 62

Reading 1 as mind, a good one for the figurative heart, and 62 as flying bird, maybe your heart needs more or a different kind of exercise. I am puzzled by how you know when your heart is skipping a beat. I am unconscious of my heart beat. Do you get relief from this sensation when you burp -- the bird flies?

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
Yes I do need to excercise more :)

I can notice my heart beat while I'm sitting on a chair (60-70 bpm), if i concentrate on my body. I feel it as a tiny shockwave across the upper body and a wave of pressure in my head.
Also the heartbeat becomes more obvious when bpm rises above 80 and you stop doing physical excercise.

The skip feels like your heart stumbled upon something, and mis-fired, the beat is very short and then there is a pause before the next one comes. During that pause I suddenly feel my heart being pulled or filled up, or maybe like a vacuum cleaner was held close to it, the feeling is mild/broad/smooth not a sharp pain you get when you cut yourself accidentally. I feel pressure building up in the whole heart and then it performs a strong beat, or occasionally a burst of two beats. It's not painful, it's like someone put a 1.5l bottle of water on your chest, while you are laying on your back.

Yes I do get a relief :)

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Yes I do get a relief

The solution, then, is to burp more frequently. I have read that it is a sign of appreciation of a meal in Islamic culture, so don't be modest. And I am not being frivolous. I had a neighbor, a young woman, who was experiencing panic attacks because she believed she was dying of heart disease from this cause. A doctor put her on tranquilizers that relieved her symptoms, and she then proceeded to dump her husband and take up with a boyfriend.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
You are hilarious :rofl: But i don't burp at all after switching to raw fruits and vegetables.

I think there's some confusion about the terms 'burp' and 'beat skip', I thought you meant 'beat skip' when you wrote 'burp'. If that is the case, then I do not feel any changes after burping :)

Last edited:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
You are hilarious :rofl:

I know, ashteroid. I am the son of an American peasant (farmer) and tend to speak plainly. Gas in the stomach causes the stomach to press against the heart, and the sound resonates like a drum, thus the awareness of heart beat. (That's my theory.) My opinion is that you are a young, healthy, but intellectual male who is overly sensitive to internal sensations, which must seem strange to one who is more skill in attending to intellectual matters. Four years ago, I was informed by a doctor that my heart was racing ( > 150) and that I should go to an emergency room immediately. The doctor's words were, "There's no charge. You need to go to the emergency room immediately. Tell me you will do this." Over here you know you are bad off when a doctor says, "There is no charge" because it means that he is afraid that you will die in his office :) I had no awareness of a racing heart and so wonder how you could know when the heart skips a beat.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).