...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 41.1.2 to 23--How likely would there be success for my son moving away?

claroscuro

visitor
Reaction score
Hello dear community, I need help with interpreting the Yi. Due to health, emotional, and economic issues, I have been considering moving away to another country, but I am wondering how beneficial would this be for my son since he does not speak the language it will constitute a set back on his college career, and a culture clash in general. I have been ruminating about this for a while (afraid to make the wrong choice) and when inquired the Yi about his likeliness of success by moving there, obtained Hexagram 41.1.2 to 23.

I do not how to interpret this all. I read somewhere relating to this lines: "be careful what you wish for," and it is a scary thought since the idea of moving is for betterment. In many aspects things have collapsed around here and needing to be around loved ones, even if it is in a different environment, seemed appealing to me.

How should I take the reading? Would it be good to encourage the move, or continue to struggle here until the walls completely collapse or something else with better promises come our way.

B

blue_angel

Hi,

For 41 lines 1 and 2, the advice seems to say... consider what would create balance. Diminish what is too much and increase what is too little. It says to keep in mind economics but not to take any aggressive actions. Basically do only
what you must do at this time, without over
doing anything.

A move to another country could be considered aggressive action but the reading doesn't say that, so I'm not sure what that means for you.

Maybe ask another question that puts the focus
back on you. Like "what is the best thing I can do for my son?" Or family or self.

23- is a stripping away. Its often a hard thing
to do. But its necessary. So it could mean something like stripping away an idea that's
important to you but not beneficial or stripping
away from a relationship that's no longer
beneficial or even stripping away a deep belief
or habit.

If you do decide to do another reading, it helps if you clear your mind and maybe meditate. Getting rid of the anxiety or any other feeling about the situation.

Hope that helps some.

Blue_Angel

claroscuro

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you blue_angel, I decided to follow your idea and asked how beneficial would it be for my son if we remained in the US and got Hexagram 24.6>27. Does this make sense to you?

B

blue_angel

The advice of the reading is to focus on yourself and what would be nourishing to you.

claroscuro

visitor
Reaction score
Thinking of the delicate situation of my health your interpretation makes sense. So I asked the Yi what kind of nourishment would I get HERE and got Hexagram 33 unchanging, RETREAT. If I move away, Hexagram 30.1.3.4>23.
Perhaps the place that offers better nourishment would be the answer for both of us, my son and I. I still do not understand what the best place is.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
What is likeliness of success by moving there? 41.1.2(Decrease) → 23(Splitting apart).

Wilhelm:
line 1:
Going quickly when one's tasks are finished is without blame.
But one must reflect on how much one may decrease others.

They move maybe beneficial to you, but not to your son, his position will decrease (he will be split apart from his usual activities and environment).
Reconsider.

line 2:
Perseverance furthers. To undertake something brings misfortune.
Without decreasing oneself, one is able to bring increase to others.

Yi advises you to stay put, and asks to find another way of solving your own problems, without causing any setbacks for your son.

Transitional method gives: 41.1 → 4.2(Immaturity, Youth) → 23.
4.2 Wilhelm says:
To endure fools with kindness brings good fortune. Knowing how to take women brings good fortune. The son has grown to take charge of the household.
I don't know if your son is old enough, but if he is, and he is attending college, then you can probably go (for medical reasons I presume) temporary on your own. Like for one or two weeks at a time and then coming back. That way you get the benefits of medical care, without diminishing his situation.

-----------------
How beneficial would it be for my son if we remained in the US? 24.6(Return) → 27(Nourishment)
Line 6 warns you about approaching a point of no return.
Considering previous answers I think it says 'If you move him to another country, he may never be able to recover from this setback(or it will take a long time). You are moving him from his source of nourishment, find another way'.

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
What kind of nourishment would I get HERE? 33.0(retreat).

Not much, but if you keep yourself calm and composed you can find a way to help yourself.
Don't be too emotional, distance yourself a little more from all the problems. Take a time-out.

Wilhelm:
The image of retreat.
Thus the noble keeps away from the common person, not with anger but in a reserved way.

And if I move away? 30.1.3.4(The Clinging, Fire) → 23(Splitting apart)

I think that:
Line 1 represents you hesitation to move.
Line 3 says you shouldn't run away from the problems.
Line 4 you wouldn't like it there after a short time.

Transitional method gives more info:
30.1 → 56 (Wanderer)
Legge: Shows one ready to move with confused steps. But he treads at the same time reverently, and there will be no mistake.

56.3 → 35 (Progress)
Wilhelm:The wanderer's inn burns down. He loses the loyalty of his young servant. Danger.
So you burn the bridges, but your son will be the one to loose most. And he will start to want to come back.

35.4 → 23
Daniels: 4. Your way of progressing is unworthy.
Wilhelm: 4. Progress like a hamster. Perseverance brings danger.
I think the longer you stay in another country, the more your son will hate it.

B

blue_angel

Now that you have updated us on your health and entirety of your situation, I feel your readings reflect the need to focus on yourself and your needs. I know that may not be what you want to hear, but without your health, there is no you there for your son. I wish you a speedy recovery, please update us and let us know of the progress made, and how your readings relate to you, after you are well and feeling up to it. Sending love and light your way.

Best wishes,

Blue_Angel

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).