...life can be translucent

Menu

new person in my life but I still love ex..64.1.4

Freya D

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

after a stormy relationship I met someone new. this is a great person but i start to realize I still love my ex.

i asked, is it good to start again with my ex in the future?
and got 64.1.4
and
is it good for me to be with the new person now?

On the first hand it seems pretty clear I guess..
im still pretty new to iching so any help is much appreciated. I must say it is really special how accurate Iching answers!

eastern_girl

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Freya!

From my experience "is it good" type of question isn't the best one to ask. It's a yes/no question so the answer will be difficult to read. Plus, the notion of "good" is subjective: what does good mean in this context? I guess it all depends on what you want from a relationship. Even so, I think you got some good advice here.

Both answers show you have unfinished business.

64.1.4. to 41 You are impatient to work things out and win your ex back. I think this result suggests it's still possible, but it's gonna take time, huge effort and some sacrifice on your part. If you rush things you'll humiliate yourself.

41.1.2 to 23 You shouldn't go forward with the new person before you have made order into your life. You can't have them both. Finish your business with the first one, then you can be with the new one.

Hope this helps. Peace!

Last edited:

Freya D

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks! I do believe I have to be patient about my ex, but thus contradicts being with the new guy, since I'm not going to be with him to pass the time, that wouldn't be right. What troubles me is the hex 23 splitting apart I got this hex only when things are not happening, ending.. But perhaps that's what you mean that I can't start a new relationship while my heart is still taken..

eastern_girl

visitor
Reaction score
Well, separation is a fact but breaking with someone is not complete until you do that in your own mind and soul too.

I wouldn't take these answers as predictions. I rather think they're a reflection of your dilemma and they also contain some directions to guide you so that you can solve it. You could ask Yi what is it that you need know about each relationships for some extra info.

meganj

visitor
Reaction score
Let me just say, that everytime I have started seeing someone else I was always still in love with the previous ex... Either you take a nice long break from dating and get over those feelings first, or you start dating a few months after, usually if it's just a few months later there are still some residual feelings. Totally normal.
I found though that if I was still having feelings of love it usually went away over time, of course even today I still love my ex Gary who I stopped dating almost a year ago but we've moved on. And I still love my most recent ex Michael but were moving on. I figure it'll be a long while before I get over him though..
My first love it took me 2 years to get over him.

Now I'm not 100 percent sure but line 4 seems to indicate the result from pursuing the ex like you're going to face some difficulties and it should be a slow process, don't rush line 1.
I don't think you will meet with success here in the way you imagine.
It seems a very difficult thing, but if you want it you'll have to work for it,your bf may be the stubborn so be careful, mess up and you'll be like the fox who's tail dipped into the water... You'll have to turn back.

meganj

visitor
Reaction score
Love you can tell him, you still love your ex...
He'll know as soon as you tell him what he should do.
23 splitting apart- getting rid of the old to make room for the new.. That's relationships, behaviours, thoughts ect... Obviously you are split with your ex, you're going through changes, old ideas are being stripped away and being replaced with new ones.
41.1- indicates being with someone with good and pure intentions, don't string the poor guy along then tell him months down the road ur leaving to work things with your ex.
2- don't do anything you don't want to do or feel wrong about doing. If you're going to be with the new guy be with him, if you're going to be with the ex then figure that out...

Freya D

visitor
Reaction score
thanks for your help! I took youre advice and asked other questions

what is possible in a relation with ex 52.1
and with new guy 23.4

i also asked what i need to know about the relationship like you mentioned.
with ex 11
new guy 57.1.2

52 the mountain and 11 I associate with finding peace together, we used to fight a lot.

i dont really get 23.4 and 57.1.2 i can make something of splitting up and line 4 seems bad news. but what i need to know 57, line 1 seems to speak about strating something and thgen ending it soon. line 2 speaks about getting things clear , could it be me who has to be clear?

I really love am in in love with my ex. we really hurt each other before, that scares me. it seems we learned something during the time appart. the new guy is great, sweet, will never fight like my ex,so I have to make up my mind(heart)

id really like to know what you guys see in these castings! thank you!

eastern_girl

visitor
Reaction score
Here's my take:

52.1 - Right now you can't expect too much. Everything is still. Don't do anything yet, the time for action has not come. Calm your mind and meditate a little longer on what you had with him (the ups and downs) and what it is that you truly want for the future (with him or anyone else).

11 - You two seem to be good for each other. You say the relationship was stormy, you used to fight a lot, but there's some compatibility there too. Don't let the little things stop you from seeing the great things. Maybe you have more in common than you think (?). You can also take it as advice: regain your peace, stability and strenght. To me, this hexagram had always something to do with fate (good or bad) and the way I should just accept it. Find strenght and peace through the storm. Accept the flow of life.

With the other guy, the new one, I see some problems but maybe it's you who's creating them (see 57.1.2 - indecision, you don't have a clear understanding of the situation). You need to make up your mind, make a decision.

23.4 - Mm, I don't know about this, it doesn't sound good at all. Sometimes it has a sexual meaning. But again, it could simply be a call for you to deal with your indecision , strip away something (probably the past; if you want to be with him, you'll have to do that). Doing this will be painful for you, but it might lead to positive changes (it changes to hex 35)

Painful indecision, yet you need to make up your mind. I don't think Yi is going to tell you which one to choose, you'll have to figure that out yourself...

All the best!

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
Is it good to start again with my ex in the future? 64.1.4(Not yet complete) → 41 (Decreasing)
I think no, you have to complete the process of decreasing involvement with him. Don't stop now (l 1).
Go and invade the new region(l 3), where you will be happy.

What is possible in a relation with ex 52.1 → 22; Int. 40 (Liberation)
Nothing, stop right now (l 1), don't even think about this fantasy(h22), liberate yourself. Clear your mind(h52).

What i need to know about the relationship with ex? 11
Thus the ruler divides and completes the course of heaven and earth, and so aids the people.
That it ended with peace and harmony, no hard feelings. There is a time and place for everything, and that time is over.

Is it good for me to be with the new person now? 41.1.2(Decrease) → 35
Yes, this will help(h35) with the decrease of involvement with your ex. Don't be too attached to him, take care of yourself more. The chariot awaits, my lady.

What is possible in a relation with new guy 23.4 → 35 (Progress)
Again, we have the separation from ex (which is painful), which will lead to progress.

What i need to know about the relationship with the new guy? 57.1.2 → 37(Family)
37 is a Very good hex to get here.
Go already, make up your mind (l1) and get rid of all the doubts and fears(l2), don't let them hold you back.
Transitional hex is 9 (The Taming Power of the Small), Legge:
2. Shows its subject, by the attraction (of the former line), returning (to the proper course). There will be good fortune.
Stop vacillating(57.1) and return to the proper course (9.2) (with new guy), which will eventually lead to something serious (37).

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).