...life can be translucent

Menu

The Second Attempt - Hexagram 45 Unchanging

kumarsahab

visitor
Reaction score
This is in continuation to my previous thread - "How to access specific 'information' in the unconscious".

http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/frie...page5&highlight=how+to+access+the+unconscious

This time I framed the question differently - "What is the root cause of all my problems...".

Once again, my intention was to possibly have the Yi point out the exact negative or limiting thought, belief, attitude, emotion, memory, assumption or conclusion held in my psyche that could be 'creating' my problems. Which I would then just 'clear out' using EFT, AIT etc.

I received 45 Unchanging.

Like the last time around - I think the Yi just 'ignored' my question and just gave me a general assessment of my current state. Maybe the Yi is not meant for such queries.

Or....is there something I don't understand....

Also, your experiences and knowledge about 45 Unchanging would be most welcome.

S

sooo

45 = get it together

This isn't so much about assigning what to do with all the pieces of yourself that you gather, but rather bringing all those pieces into one place, as a lake gathers water into one place. As I see it, there's no or little discrimination (yet) in this process so you prepare to discriminate, separate and prepare for the undesired, such as building a dam or controlled containment/outlet to prevent flooding and drought. This a function of 60, controlling the water (level) in the lake, and of 8, which is keeping it together.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
This time I framed the question differently - "What is the root cause of all my problems...".

Once again, my intention was to possibly have the Yi point out the exact negative or limiting thought, belief, attitude, emotion, memory, assumption or conclusion held in my psyche that could be 'creating' my problems. Which I would then just 'clear out' using EFT, AIT etc.

I received 45 Unchanging.

Like the last time around - I think the Yi just 'ignored' my question and just gave me a general assessment of my current state. Maybe the Yi is not meant for such queries.

lovely answer . So rich in meanings!

You talked about psyche , and the first thing comes out is "integration". I see 45 points to that. Not sure about the specifics of your situation but 45 , in my eyes can speak of both integration or dissociation. Part of the "unconscious" is repressed , not very pleasant things. or could be also what our psyche is yearning but circumstances force us to hide them from sight.

Dissociation ,the other side of 45 , imo is not something or only negative... it has a potential to be problematic in the long run, but the reasons , sometimes, people go into that mode is pure survival.

45, also has to do with approach a "safe base" where all emotions can be contained and to stretch and generalize it a bit more, where all the parts of ourselves can co-exist.

I don't read again the thread you cite here , but i remember you are a fan or familiar with Jung's ideas. I can see the Individuation concept in h45 , a big part of it at least.

kumarsahab

visitor
Reaction score
Individuation....BINGO!!!

That is the first thing that came to my mind too. In a personal context - this is what this Hexagram seems to be all about. Bringing everything together - all the 'parts'. Of course, for another question and in another context, it could very well be the unchanging Hex the guy starting the Arab Spring got - but that's another story.

Then the question comes back to what the Yi is exactly saying to me. In your mind is the Yi describing my current 'state' - as it most often does? That I am working towards or reaching that ideal. If it is then hurrah!!

But then once again, I am to assume that the Yi is essentially ignoring my basic question of pointing out that exact negative or limiting cause. This is the second time around trying something like this and I am beginning to think that the Yi is not designed to give us such answers.

Thoughts.....

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Of course, for another question and in another context, it could very well be the unchanging Hex the guy starting the Arab Spring got - but that's another story.

Interesting if you got 45 for that incident . a sacrifice of some kind.
I feel the king in 45 cease to be a king by approaching to the temple. Like he acknowledges something bigger that him or bigger in him , kind of surrender. Surrender in the sense that sometimes we are preoccupied with the means to the end that instead walking to the ends- whatever means that, we walk away.

45, other times, feels like the Communion. which , taken in a metaphorical way , is a kind of symbiosis. Maybe its a very personal association, but I felt h45 in my bones in such a time.

Anyways, to your initial question: You're in a better position to know whether Yi responds to you answer or not, but was thinking that if it really does, then maybe it says that you need to re-frame the "problems" . or how problematic are the problems ... My feeling from 45 is that you try too hard. Sometimes, to me 45 ,means simply "concentrate" , return to a state of quietness don't be "all over the place"

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Bringing everything together - all the 'parts'.

yes , but , imo, not just collect but more as contain. Like the earth contains the lake- like the mother contains the various emotions of her child and the child learns to contain them as well. .. to "grow" weapons... to meet the unforeseen... I'm a Bowbly fan and can't help it but see "attachement" in 45 ...

Now Im all over the place...:rolleyes: :rofl:

... going back to my schoolwork.

kumarsahab

visitor
Reaction score
hmmm....45 in that "Arab Spring" example - in my mind - wouldn't be so much about the sacrifice as it would be about "getting together" towards a common 'goal'. Of course the "big sacrifice" is involved - it says so in the judgement.

Second, about the Yi answering my question directly. I really don't think He did. The answer should have been necessarily 'negative' for that to be true. Pointing out something negative or limiting in my psyche - the root cause of all my problems. Or is that too simplistic...

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
hmmm....45 in that "Arab Spring" example - in my mind - wouldn't be so much about the sacrifice as it would be about "getting together" towards a common 'goal'. Of course the "big sacrifice" is involved - it says so in the judgement.

ooh , i see. Was thinking of the "burning man" when I said :sacrifice" . But yes, gather together around a common goal is very 45

Second, about the Yi answering my question directly. I really don't think He did. The answer should have been necessarily 'negative' for that to be true. Pointing out something negative or limiting in my psyche - the root cause of all my problems. Or is that too simplistic...

well, yes. I get your point. Maybe Yi tries to point out that negative view of your problems. It says "45" : don't exclude them ( the problems) . There is something anti-eclecticism in 45, imo. Inside us live deamon, gods , animals...etc. we are all of those and neither of them...

You are looking for a "negative" answer in 45... there is, imo. There is a hint of "renewing" you weapons. I take the positive meaning , but you can see it as "negative" too. Feels like there is a "door control" in that temple. Let them in... the way they are... don't force them tho.. they will come... just let the door open. Maybe there is a reason they remain hidden... maybe they want to be sure you have guard yourself.

btw, are you familiar with Jung's idea " approaching the numinous" ?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).