...life can be translucent

Menu

bad investment ? 6.4.6>29

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a quicky.

Asked about investing , time and effort, in a particular situation and go 6.4.6>29. Seems to me that it depicts an infertile situation (line 6) so a retreat is what is best so not to waste time.

It time to take more radical measurement regarding a person, manager of my account. I had asked about him again. After a sort time of being cooperative, he started again and actually I'm fed up with his childish behavior and reaction. I'm going to meet him tomorrow and his supervisor too, so maybe this time I should make sure that he won't anymore mess up my account.

Am I missing something that makes the reading as saying something different ?

Thanks

B

blue_angel

Hi Anemos :)

Hmmm, how did you ask the question? From reading your whole post and then translation. I'm not sure if the answer is an actual answer or perhaps a reflection of your thoughts . Here's what it looks like to me.

(29)- you want to learn from this experience
what you can and (6)- get out of this conflict
OR (29)- you are in turbulent waters, learning,
and gaining experience that's necessary in
order to (6)- get out of this conflict.

Line 4- what would give you inner peace and harmony? How can you do what's right and have inner peace? Could you let go of this, and just wait it out? Finding your own inner balance, not allowing this issue to hinder or affect you? And then have faith that this issue will dissolve without your having to do anything at all? This is what this line looks like to me.

Line- 6 if you follow through with your plan, you may be rewarded but it won't give you what you really seek or desire. You won't be satisfied, so there must be another approach. Hmmm

One of these lines, possibly line 4, gives the
idea to me that, the supervisor is weak and
won't be much help. And this guy is a real
piece of work. Strong like a bully or something.
But... this last part I am not certain about. I could be wrong or off a bit.

Anyhow sounds like a tough spot, like a rock in a hard place. Sorry for this, "sending blessings for a clear path, free of obstacles, and full of harmony."

With love,

Blue _Angel

Last edited:
M

mirian

Dear anemos,

I think that it is telling you that conflict is not the best course of action. My impression is that if you push this issue really hard you might get to a point that you think that you have succeed but your apparent victory will not last, will be taken away from your somehow. It feels that you need to change tack, find some form of negotiation, adopt a more strategic attitude. Otherwise you might go round in circles without really solving this.

Hope it helps :bows:

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
thank you both for your insights.

This morning I saw some correction I had asked him and the result is for the most of them needs correction again. If I miss any mistake maybe a be problem will arise. It a very delicate thing . When I saw H6 in my screen , I said to Yi, "oh, no 6, I'm so tired and don't want ANY contention "

Was away and while driving and trying to visualize the meeting tomorrow , thought to call him, ask him what kind of coffee he likes and when arrive to his office go to the balcony have a cig and just talk how to get rid the mistakes.

. It feels that you need to change tack, find some form of negotiation, adopt a more strategic attitude. Otherwise you might go round in circles without really solving this.

Hope it helps :bows:

that's - the underlined- is what I have in mind. Doing over and over the same thing . It helps. Thank you mirian

Line 4- what would give you inner peace and harmony? How can you do what's right and have inner peace? Could you let go of this, and just wait it out? Finding your own inner balance, not allowing this issue to hinder or affect you? And then have faith that this issue will dissolve without your having to do anything at all? This is what this line looks like to me.

I read it likewise too; can't believe it will happen, but maybe I should trust it more. The anxiety of having a mistake unattended is high- its serious and I know it adds to the whole situation.

he is a pseudo-bully or something. , your instinct is right . I think his is unhappy with his job hence his neglectful disposition.

Thank you for your kind wishes, blue angel. I pray for a resolution too. The way it is now is too tiring.

poised

visitor
Reaction score
conflict and stress

anemos, I'm not clear about what the situation is, but perhaps you can negotiate some kind of compromise. Sometimes a "mistake" is not a mistake but a correct answer or premise stated in a way the other person doesn't understand.

Do you think you can learn anything from the supervisor?
A master negotiator I knew always let the other person state their case first. Would it work for you to relax and listen first?

If this is a nonnegotiable conflict, then withdrawal seems appropriate to me. Perhaps your first negotiation is with yourself. How much does this project mean to you? How much are you willing to go through to succeed with it?

The following quotes are from J.R. Mooneyham, whose very modern Pathfinder, a combination of I Ching. Art of War, and Tao of Power is here and only here: http://www.3rdmilieux.com/pathfinder.html
I think he's a management consultant, quite practical, gives business-savvy interpretations. I know, art is not business, but they overlap.

"6. Conflict
….Seek a healthy compromise if possible. Sound advice from the proper authorities could be helpful. An impartial arbitrator may be needed to satisfactorily settle things. If this is instead about inner conflicts, it can involve the breaking of old habits or whipping up of sufficient resolution to end stale relationships. In such cases, it can help to make changes in your outer behavior to reinforce your decisions…"

"6.4
The conflict is lopsided and cannot be resolved. It is best to withdraw and allow natural forces to affect the situation."

What if you don't argue with your manager? Discuss tactfully instead. I don't know what's at stake, anemos, but he does seem like an overbearing person, perhaps impressed with himself, not necessarily a bully.

"6.6 The struggle continues to a painful end. Though you have the appearance of winning, it is a hollow victory."

I think this gives you a clue if you want to continue with your project/account. You may not have to win. Would it be possible to arrive at a win-win situation?

"29. Stress
…Belief in oneself and one's principles can be the greatest tools in a personal arsenal for dealing with such times. Fear and anxiety must be controlled now. A holdover from earlier times, our 'fight or flight' response is easily triggered by modern stresses. But as contemporary stresses stem from overbearing bosses or social complexities rather than saber toothed tigers, violence or escape are usually inappropriate reactions. Adrenalin pumps into our systems, we become frantic, and our mind goes into low gear…"

This seems to describe the way you feel about the situation. Can you relax, do deep breathing exercises, listen to soft music, go to your happy place in your mind? Or visualize your opponent wearing baby clothes? I'm not kidding. I learned this from a prominent speaker who got over stage fright by visualizing his audience in diapers. Whatever works to defuse the stress in your own mind.

I wish you the best, anemos, and look forward to hearing how your meeting went.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
anemos, I'm not clear about what the situation is, but perhaps you can negotiate some kind of compromise. Sometimes a "mistake" is not a mistake but a correct answer or premise stated in a way the other person doesn't understand.

Thank you poised for your ideas !

The meeting was canceled for other external , irrelevant reasons.

the mistakes are clear accounting transactions . The rational is very simple. You pay for something in order to renew it, you don't pay for something automatically it gets cancelled. It has nothing to do with opinions or interpretations etc. This is what he has mess up. Paid canceled items and left unpaid valid ones. I double check it with others if I see something wrong and said no. Its very clear and those people actually did this transaction were given the wrong directions from him

Now, because those transactions are related with law regulations a mistake equals to stealing and other not very "light" consequences. That creates a lot of stress , I can relate to your 29 quotation. I try to make him understand that I don't see it as a conflict and we are not "enemies" but allies and we are facing a problem. My approach is "there are mistaken transactions" - that is beyond controversy; his attitude is " i didn't do anything wrong, its his and her and them mistake (other colleagues that most of them have to report to him in various ways). :brickwall:

its not hard to see him as a baby , but I'm not his mother and this is probably my Biggest mistake.

Will think everything has been offered from the three of you again this afternoon.

Thanks again . Much much appreciated

poised

visitor
Reaction score
I hope this gets settled soon, sorry you have to wait. Accounting is very black-and-white. So I hope you get through this by prevailing 100%.

I didn't mean you should mother him LOL…..just that you might benefit by seeing him as a nonthreatening overgrown childish jerk. For me, defusing the threat is helpful.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Accounting is very black-and-white. .

Don't take it for granted !!! ;) this basic -self evident transactions is what blocks my mind. How one can see next to a record blank (=Zero= CANCEL) something , my mind can grasp it. He must be Taoist and perceive the Void in a non-accounting way :p

Thinking about it rational seems a safe way to :freak: . Better laugh to stay sane .

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).