...life can be translucent

Menu

Trajectory in terms of further therapy work with D?

TygerChild

visitor
Reaction score
I received an e mail via my advocate about the ongoing issue of my care via NHS mental health services..
The Director of Services is asking if I will meet with her and the Head of Therapy dept. to hear feedback and clarification from the meeting they had yesterday with my psychiatrist and my (was/is) psychotherapist.

I am a bit unnerved by this as I feel very uncertain as to what they have in mind, and presently have no real support to accompany me to such a meeting.

Also because of all the confusion about my care, and who said what, and all the contradictory messages about whether I am going to be offered any more therapy or not (between psychiatrist and therapist), and which has been so confusing and upsetting, what I have been asking for is a proper, formal Review via the psychotherapist as well as explanation about the conflicting accounts..........

Tonight this e mail has thrown me into a panic and my interpretation is, not that we will have dialogue at this meeting, but that it will simply be their way of informing me of what I won't be offered. And the fact that D. is still not visible, makes me even more suspicious, upset and scared.

Anyway, this is my reading, and any help with interpretation will be tremendously appreciated ---

WHAT IS THE TRAJECTORY OF THIS IN TERMS OF FURTHER WORK WITH D?

HEXAGRAM 55.1.3>16

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Don't be sad, You have got the chance to have your concerns heard, that's great!
You got what you wanted to get, dont let it throw you into a panic, be enthusiastic about it!

Line 1: someone at that meeting may be or have just what you need.
Line 3: you probably wont be able to revamp their whole way of doing things or to get all your wishes met.

But it sure might be a great chance for you to thoughtfully and compellingly communicate that you would really like, if possible, to be able to work with D again: to people who might be in a position to make that happen.

Good luck and let us know how it went.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
What is the trajectory of this in terms of further work with D?
55.1.3 > 16

Parabolic. Something new will be offered, and something old will be taken away. I think you will have a new helper.

TygerChild

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Moss Elk. It is now 2.28am and I am as often happens, unable to sleep, unable to switch off brain... And it is because of that that I am here checking up on any responses to my query, and here I find you!
I felt the reading was encouraging but for some reason I find it difficult to believe. Why is that? I so readily take the blame in this scenario...and maybe too much so...and as a result sense the Sword of Damacles above my head. I am now trying to take on board what appears to be predominantly good fortune at this point. A main misgiving might be if they suggest a 'new' therapist...I really could not stomach yet another...and what I really want is mutually sorting out and understanding with her...The energy required for establishing a new connection feels too, too much....
Via my advocate, they are suggesting a meeting I think for next week, but I will have to see them alone as she will not be available.

TygerChild

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Pocossin, again. I suppose the new could simply be new energies? And the old, old 'energies'; I am thinking they may not necessarily have to be new 'people' involved in this 'care' of mine...? As I have said, I really do not want any more 'new' therapists----------they are beginning to drive me nuts! What I am hoping for is the therapist I have had to be willing to sort out the confusions as mentioned, and do another piece of work with me...That is my goal.
But first of all it seems I am going to have to cooperate with a lot of bureaucratic ins and outs which seems to begin with this meeting about all the troubles of the past few weeks/months..

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
So have you practiced any breathing exercises?

TygerChild

visitor
Reaction score
So have you practiced any breathing exercises?

Try to do regularly relaxation, movement and mindfulness stuff (bit of a joke though, but I try) and follow Danny Penman CD. 4 days out of 7 on average; then often focus on inner body energy field andallthat. These are the only things that have kept me in any sense sane recently.......really.

So, the answer is : 'yes'!

TygerChild

visitor
Reaction score
Can anyone add anything to the meaning of Changing line 3 of Hex 55. From what I have picked up from commentaries, it is saying something about 'breaking my right arm" which appears to mean that I lose my 'power or ability to act'.
I have read that Line 1 is the most important line here where there are two YANG changing lines, and it is the lower line that should be the focus.
If that is so, does this mean that the so called 'evil' of this line will not in any significant or decisive way, be likely to derail the auspiciousness of the hexagram reading as a whole?

Also, it seems I am being advised to be pretty 'lowly', yet the result of the meeting will apparently be dependent on how much equality there is in terms of contributions....but those involved comprise a couple of quite status-favoured people so it may or may not be reasonably balanced..depending on their openness at least in part....?

Just how important is line 3, and can it skew the accuracy of the general impression of auspiciousness of this hex?

angelatlantis14

visitor
Reaction score
Hi wisewoman,

I think the interpretation offered by pocossin is correct - you will gain support but it will be from a new source. Line 1 speaks of "meeting" a lord - so that would exclude your current therapist, as you already have met them. The new relationship seems positive and long-lived. the line also seems to encourage you to go to the proposed meeting, and make your wishes and fears clear, to get optimal support: ("Two individuals are suited to each other, and even if they spend an entire cycle of time together during the period of abundance, it will not be too long, nor is it a mistake. Therefore one may go forth, in order to make one's influence felt; it will meet with recognition.)

The 3rd line to me seems to say that you will loose indeed something and it may be the previous therapist relationship with person D. This may momentarily throw you into a period of standstill ("This makes it impossible for an able man, though he might be the right hand of the ruler, to undertake anything. It is as though his arm were broken, but he is not to blame for being thus hindered in action.). This however I see to be as temporary - broken arms heal, and eclipses pass of themselves. None of this happened by any fault of your own (no blame).
After this has passed, I believe the new relationship spoken of in line 1 should be approached with enthusiams (hex 16).
So as a summary this may say, don't focus on the current darkening of the light, it will pass and something new will take its place.

best wishes

maui

TygerChild

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Maui. It's hard, this interpretation of line 3 as I really don't want it to be so!
I find it confusing how some commentators like Sarah Dening focus on literal people--- rather than energies or more than on more abstract understanding of the activities of our internal worlds-- like Carol Anthony.

I presume the force of line 3 is to be understood as a lesser one, and in that sense it is not so significant as line 1 or the Hexagram's flavour as a whole....? except that it IS in my mind and feeling the MOST important point!

So, whose 'importance' is important here!?

Thanks again for your interpretation.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Can anyone add anything to the meaning of Changing line 3 of Hex 55. From what I have picked up from commentaries, it is saying something about 'breaking my right arm" which appears to mean that I lose my 'power or ability to act'.

I took it to mean that you would lose your right-hand man, the therapist you are so comfortable with. I also considered the Judgment of 16: "It furthers one to install helpers," suggesting that even if the change is uncomfortable, it will be better for you in the long run.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Try to do regularly relaxation, movement and mindfulness stuff (bit of a joke though, but I try)

But do you jog and eat lots of vegetables? That is my simple-minded solution to many of the ills of humanity.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see it that you will necessarily have a new helper. In 55.1 one is with someone for a set length of time , not for ever but it doesn't have to refer to a brand new helper it may indicate you can stay with this one until the work is done. But there is a finite time for that.

55.3 really describes your position. You don't know where you are , can't do anything...and also that's 'not a mistake' it's how it's meant to be.

All you can do is accept you don't know right now.

16 can be about readiness, preparation. The change patterns are yang 36, yin 6 so it seems some kind of meeting at a half way point is needed.. Some compromise on both sides

FWIW I have never known the helper in 55.1 be a new person, it has always been the existing helper, but who knows.

angelatlantis14

visitor
Reaction score
Hi wisewoman,

there is only one thing I can add to the useful posts above and that is if a line in a reading seems to confirm a negative outcome, people (well, me at least!) tend to try and ignore it or explain it away. Whereas in reality, it might give you good advice if you let yourself in for it. It is entirely possible that the "breaking of the right arm" does not refer to the person D, but to some other aspect of your situation.
So what might the line be advising? For one thing that you are doing nothing wrong and therefore do not need to correct your behaviour even though the current situation looks dark, could be one (like has been said above) Or that there are positive things out there, but that you may just at this moment, due to the curtain of your fears, might not see them. So this might be an avenue to explore...
Again, best of luck for your meeting with the administration!

maui

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
there is only one thing I can add to the useful posts above and that is if a line in a reading seems to confirm a negative outcome, people (well, me at least!) tend to try and ignore it or explain it away.

But there is no line here that confirms a negative outcome at all so I haven't explained anything away.

Breaking one's right arms can simply mean one is out of action, disabled in some way, but it is not a 'negative outcome' .

This is what Yi says

'Feng is flooded with darkness,
At midday, seeing the Dipper.
Your right arm is broken - not a mistake."

From Hilary's book.

So this is not a negative outcome but a description of someone unable to proceed . When one's right arm is broken there will much one cannot do. In this situation WW's right arm is broken in that she can have no real grasp or impact on the situation and yet Yi says 'it is not a mistake'. Hence whatever is being shown here it is not a negative outcome. may feel uncomfortable but is not a negative outcome.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you Maui. It's hard, this interpretation of line 3 as I really don't want it to be so!
I find it confusing how some commentators like Sarah Dening focus on literal people--- rather than energies or more than on more abstract understanding of the activities of our internal worlds-- like Carol Anthony.

I presume the force of line 3 is to be understood as a lesser one, and in that sense it is not so significant as line 1 or the Hexagram's flavour as a whole....? except that it IS in my mind and feeling the MOST important point!

So, whose 'importance' is important here!?

Thanks again for your interpretation.

Both of these are books of commentaries, not the I Ching but commentaries on it. Carol Anthony's book is best in the bin as bears little relation to the I Ching at all.

Why don't you just read what the I Ching says. That's usually the poetic bit above the commentaries, the translation. I don't think Denning even has a translation so it's all her commentary.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).