...life can be translucent

Menu

What does this mean? :)

ceciliaiching

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I would really appreciate some help with the interpretation of this IC reading I did for myself. There is a friend of my partner who has been a bit clingy in the past, they've been friends for a long time and she was supportive when he was having a hard time, before I met him. She occasionally appears and behaves in bit of a clingy way with him. She's just 'appeared' again and I know she's going through a rough time. He's actually very good and has put boundaries in place but she's still clingy. I think he is aware but also feels some sense of duty towards her because she's been supportive in the past. I asked the IC what the best course of action would be and got hex 42, changing line 1 to hex 20. Things are really good between us after a rather rough patch in our relationship, so I interpreted to say that I should concentrate on the fact that things are good and ignore this girl (I've done it before and she's stopped), but allow him to realise what her behaviour is like, watching from a distance...? If that makes sense... So just observe what happens and not take a direct approach...not sure whether that is the right interpretation?
Thank you so much in advance
Xxx

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
My guess is that one thing it might mean is to see these incidents as relatively isolated events in the bigger picture of your generally good life and relationship. (You say she only appears "occasionally.")

I don't think it's saying to ignore her, though. I think it could mean that you and your partner can actually help her. It could be along the lines of "to whom much is given, much is required," or however that exactly goes.

Wilhelm-Baynes says:

"It furthers one to accomplish great deeds.
Supreme good fortune. No blame."

You can use your blessings to "accomplish" something with her, and doing so will result in good fortune.

There doesn't seem to be anything in this reading to indicate that the clinginess will get out of hand this time. "No blame" (or "no mistake") might be addressing that worry.

ceciliaiching

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Lisa, that's really interesting... The only thing I'm not sure about is how I could help her, she's never really wanted to be my friend despite my efforts...I will think about this! Thank you again :)

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it might mean your partner is more the one to help her, since they're the ones who are friends. I don't know that specifically. Maybe your help would be more just you being okay with her spending time with your partner - not worrying about it.

When I said not to ignore her - there are different ways to ignore a person. There's a "cold shoulder" way, which I think would be against the reading (it doesn't sound like that's what you do, though). Another way of ignoring someone could be more like just "letting them be" - again, not worrying about the situation.

Extending a friendly hand, like you've done before, could be in keeping with the reading. If she's not interested in reciprocating, then fine, but you never know, maybe sometime she will be.

ceciliaiching

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you. What you said makes perfect sense, I have to admit I have got upset about this in the past but worry and anger are so destructive... Maybe this is an opportunity to do something constructive with the situation :) thank you again Lisa x

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).