...life can be translucent

Menu

hex 34 unchanging resume

G

goddessliss

Good afternoon on a sunny afternoon glistening on the river

On my continued quest to find employment it has taken me on processes and different directions but at the moment nothing concrete is coming forthwith. I have an ad on gumtree and a number of people have contacted me, like the sound of me, but then when I send my resume and references through I hear nothing back.
I wonder if it's in my resume - my references are my references and I have no control over what they say.

Show that the fault lies in my resume - Hex 34 unchanging

I'm not really understanding this except to say I may come across as a bit up myself or to keen but when ask to send a resume, well , don't you just send it :confused:

Via my resume - how am I coming a cross to potential employers

hex 3.1.3.6>12

I get the impression they may think I'm a bit unstable as I haven't had a long term career but gone from one thing to another or that I've had too much experience and they don't want to pay what I'm worth.
What I do know about these jobs that are being offered - they are keen to have backpacker/travellers who are wanting to stay awhile and just get board, food etc. for free and a little pocket money for themselves. One job I saw was offering 30 hours work plus the freebies with only AUD$400 cash per month :O
- Liss

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Via my resume - how am I coming a cross to potential employers

hex 3.1.3.6>12

Yes it looks a picture of trying lots of things and hitting a dead end. It makes me think you have to give a more enduring continuous picture of yourself....and here is where that 48uc comes in, by digging deep into all of who you are and who you have been.

If your resume looks like a list of what you have done it may not be showing who you are....

Have you written a good paragraph about your personal qualities including bringing up a family and so on.

I am no expert on resumes but I think you may need some help to re write it. That picture of 3.1.3.6>12 is not a good one is it. I think you need to gather in all aspects of yourself, not just the things you have done recently, but your ongoing long term qualities you bring to everything.

It can be hard to write about ourselves. The best way to start is to write something about yourself as if you were someone else, in the 3rd person, ie 'Liss is...' to get ideas then re write from your own perspective.

There are people who help others to do this, or you can find advice online...or even I wonder if an Open Space thread may help you gather ideas on how to do a resume. I think there are a number of experienced people here.

One thing you face too is age discrimination. It is much harder to get jobs past a certain age when there are youngsters around. Silly really since older people are actually generally more reliable. So you have to make your wealth of life experience an asset.

Also I wonder if the reverse question like for example "what is the best image of myself to aim for in resume ?" may help ?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The 34 on the fault ? well I can only think Yi is saying there is no fault as such you are as you are ...or else suggesting you may need to appear more fluid, 34 uc stands up as being who she is as she is. She's not hiding WYSIWYG. Can that be a fault ? Not really , but bear in mind most employers want someone adaptable, who will do as bidden.

Trouble is as we get older this is less likely to happen cos we know we could do it better than them :rofl: In this case one has to pretend to be adaptable and so on whilst remaining inwardly convinced you know best :mischief:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Is self employment of any kind possible ? I have a friend who is making money doing old folks's gardens and other things for them and she is getting popular ! However she's married and her husband has income, I doubt she could live off the money it's just a supplement.

Anyway these days in the UK more and more people are setting up their own businesses and some highly creative stuff has come from it too. However one does need back up and support to get started, that's the trouble.

G

goddessliss

The 34 on the fault ? well I can only think Yi is saying there is no fault as such you are as you are ...or else suggesting you may need to appear more fluid, 34 uc stands up as being who she is as she is. She's not hiding WYSIWYG. Can that be a fault ? Not really , but bear in mind most employers want someone adaptable, who will do as bidden.

Trouble is as we get older this is less likely to happen cos we know we could do it better than them :rofl: In this case one has to pretend to be adaptable and so on whilst remaining inwardly convinced you know best :mischief:

Thank you Trojina for all you've said but this in particular resonates with me - it's my gut feeling about what's actually going on :eek:uch:

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
"Show that the fault lies in my resume - Hex 34 unchanging"
makes me think it comes off as aggressive or too assertive. (Butting ram)

Have you had anyone else look at it and give editorial suggestions?

G

goddessliss

Hi Moss Elk, yes that was one of my responses to the answer too - maybe not those things but very confident and my references speak of me in the same way, not someone that needs directing but has initiative and leadership qualities. That's why I lost my recent job I believe, they wanted me to just do what I was told. Ah well I guess it's something I'll have to think about.

Incidentally enough I'm seeing someone today who may be able to help with my resume.

- Liss

G

goddessliss

I'm better off working for myself really but I've no capital to restart my business. My plan is to work for the next couple of years for a very good wage, set the money aside and open a teashop/herb nursery. - Liss

G

goddessliss

Yes it looks a picture of trying lots of things and hitting a dead end. It makes me think you have to give a more enduring continuous picture of yourself....and here is where that 48uc comes in, by digging deep into all of who you are and who you have been.

If your resume looks like a list of what you have done it may not be showing who you are....

Have you written a good paragraph about your personal qualities including bringing up a family and so on.

I sort of have but I've a feeling now that my resume is not reflecting my gentle, nurturing side either. - Liss

poised

visitor
Reaction score
My very capable confident daughter searched for a very long time for a job, did not get hired at several places where she interviewed, was getting discouraged. And then, the RIGHT job appeared and they hired her almost immediately. Were she not a 34-ish person, they would not have hired her. AND she's extremely happy with her new job.

I'd say that you are a perfect fit for the right job. Perhaps you might review your resume for consistency. If you've worked at some things not relevant to the job you want now, can you just delete them from your resume?

Good luck on your job quest.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).