...life can be translucent

Menu

Applying or not?

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Hello dear clarity-seekers!

I hope everyone is well.

I am considering responding to a job posting.

Applying for this position: 20.5,6 > 2
Potential of my (possible) application: 60.1,2,5 > 2

The readings reflect my undecidedness. This position would at the same time represent a great opportunity and a big risk, both in terms of career and financial security. I am puzzled because the first reading seems to suggest not taking action for the moment while I ponder all aspects. Furthermore, the first two changing lines in the second reading are contradictory - going out or not going out? The opportunity won't be there for long and I may miss out if I don't respond quickly. In both cases the relating hex is 2, being led.

Will be grateful for any help in interpretation.

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Okay you are going to have to change your avatar because the pressure on the cat's head is affecting him

see 20.1.2 changes to 61 not 2

so did you get 20.1.2>61 or did you write the cast down wrongly ?

The 20.1.2 does suggest you aren't very aware of all this job entails and I am not sure you are adequately prepared for it in terms of experience (20.1) or awareness (20.2) although you are most sincere and willing (hex 61). I think you need to pause, maybe do more research and also rethink how suitable you are ? Sometimes, just sometimes, the quality of a person, their willingness to learn and so on more than makes up for their naivety or lack of experience . You don't have a wide enough view somehow so if you apply it may be better to fully admit where you feel any lack. Also you may need to do more research on them to see how what you can do fits them. The yang change pattern here is 19, the sense of approach, the yin pattern is 33. I amnot sure you will go through with this.

Potential was 60.1.2.5>2 seems like a lot of hesitancy, a kind of blocked feeling...not sure. It does look like you have to take note of your own limitations and your own nature. There's a sense for me this job is too much for you ?

But if you feel confident then go for it...I'm not certain of my take on it...but I see these as rather cautious casts

cris

visitor
Reaction score
:rofl:

I wrote it wrong on my journal too!!! The avatar couldn't possibly be more appropriate.

It was 20.5,6 > 2

Thanks!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Ah crossed posts...I just wrote my interpretation for 20.1.2>61 ...ah well it does suggest you have a good think about it before doing anything. Look at your life and how it goes and also look at those around you. What tales and experiences have others been telling you about their work life lately ? What do you think when you look around and see others in their workplace ? This cast is asking you to get perspective on all this before applying.

I don't think this is something to rush into and as I said before I think you must also take your own nature into account. Sometimes it's tempting to think for example 'ah well if they want to be xxx I can be xxx' but can you ? The hexagram 2 in both casts just gives me the idea you are quite settled in your nature. Adaptable yes but you can't suddenly go doing cart wheels if you haven't been used to doing them.

It is time to go out to your tree house, climb up there....take a drink and just think....contemplate for a while. Not anxiously as 20 is about allowing things to come into view when you are nice and relaxed. There's things you need to see that you can't see if you are all poised for action....so slow down and look and think first. The 60>2 remains as I said and I do see this as finding what is compatible/incompatible with your nature. I just feel hex 2 here is your nature...just as it is and I think it's the thing to look at in 20...and decide what limits work for you in 60.

Maybe you need to think about what pace suits you, how much change you can sustain...how much time you need in life for other things...what makes you happy/unhappy and so on

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
ps re messaging, the only way to get a bigger inbox is to join CC where you can have 200. your inbox is now full

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the interpretation! It sounds quite fitting. I need and want to do more homework about this opportunity before I rush in. Thoughtfulness has never been a bad trait, has it?

Re messaging, I had no choice :brickwall: but delete the previous messages and voilà! it's spacious again

cris

visitor
Reaction score
An update

So I have kept mulling over this, gathering advice and information and weighing out pros and cons while asking Yi about different courses of action, just to receive other dodgy or unpromising answers. There is something fundamentally unconvicing about the advertised position which unsettles me, but I don't know if it's my cold feet talking.

Anyway, reaching the peak of undecidedness I asked:
Please help me make the right choice: 57.2,3,6 > 8

I found this perfectly suited interpretation in the archives:
I don't see 57 the way you do here. I think its pointing to you being indecisive, weighing your options too much. Well I personally find lines 3 and 6 are the Yis way of telling me to make my mind up. Line 2 I feel points to the fact that theres not much you don't know about the issue now, you have an understanding of all the issues and factors that gave rise to this situation. In other words i think the answer you have basically says you cannot claim you don't now what to do, its a decision thats entirely yours. Hex 8 can be about choosing who you belong with, who you will be loyal to.

So I resolved to apply.

Afterwards, I asked:
I have applied. Prospects? 25.5 > 21

Unexpected illness, biting through... From the archives again, the most apt interpretation seems to be: let things follow their own course, being prepared for a potential obstruction. Doesn't sound very auspicious...

What do you guys think?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).