...life can be translucent

Menu

blood pressure 10.1.6 > 47 & 34.3.4.5 > 60

poised

visitor
Reaction score
Yesterday, on my way to the gym, I tried to pull Andy Cat off his perch to put his collar on. I was rewarded with a scratch on my arm that drew so much blood, it pulsed down my arm and onto the floor in a frightening stream. At the emergency clinic, the doc gave me a tetanus shot and antibiotics and wrapped the wound, which was now a purple, swollen mess. I proceeded to the gym for an hour-long workout.

At the clinic, my blood pressure was 190/92, very high for me. An hour after the workout it was 189/90. Since I usually register 100/70 - 120/80, these numbers were very scary. But it had been months since I took a reading, so I couldn't for sure blame the rising pressure on the cat incident.

I asked Yi, why is my bp so high?
10.1.6 > 47

Oh, that bad tiger. LOL I guess I did tread on him, or at least invaded his castle, but he's never been this cranky. This reading says to me that my bp went up because of fear, shock, my emotional, panicky (on the inside) response to the scratching episode. Adrenalin exhausted?

BP remained high into the evening, asked Yi what to do about it.
34.3.4.5 > 60

I don't want to take pharmaceuticals , though I do get prescriptions filled just in case. So I read this as, don't be a stubborn goat about it, limit your limiting of meds. Bradford's 34.4 seemed to substantiate that:

Persistence is promising
While regrets pass
The hedge opens with no entanglement
The power in the great vehicle is in its axle’s mount
The hedge opens up with no entanglements:
Appreciate going forward

The lead man on the battering ram gets the novel idea to give the doorknob a try.

I love the idea of the lead man on the battering ram trying the doorknob. Such a memorable image:) If meds are the door to lower blood pressure or the axle where the power is, I'll try them. BUT, I got bp down earlier this year by giving up salt (thanks to pocossin) and caffeine. Worked like a charm.

I took one BP tablet (I'd been ignoring in the cabinet) before bed; this morning after decaf, bp was 108/73, clearly NOT because of one little tablet.

Apparently I read 34.3.4.5 wrong. And perhaps 10.1.6 as well. Anyone see other answers in these readings?

Many thanks
:bows:

poised

visitor
Reaction score
Will someone please move this to "readings"
thanks.

S

sooo

I have a tiny salt shaker that's lasted a few months and is only a third empty. I'm a label reader at the market, to the extreme. I put more things back onto the shelf than go into the basket. I haven't given up on caffeinated coffee however, and while testing my bp regularly, I've found little to no effect from it. I've been on a heavy regiment of bp meds because of high blood pressure, for years, since being diagnosed with congestive heart failure, and I've had a pacemaker implant this past Nov. I keep a close eye on my bp daily. I've gone off of one powerful med against doctors orders, and have managed to bring my bp down to a safe level without it. How? My environment, peace, quiet and time to myself, and quite an austere diet overall. I've discovered foods that are both healthy and enjoyable and do everything in moderation (60). I still take a couple of meds to keep the chf under control, but thank goodness, not that one with terrible side effects, nor the ones it was given to replace due to their own side effects. These things are all quite opposite of 34, and when I find myself 10-ing, I leave the proverbial scratching cats to themselves.

Though it's very likely your incident with your cat caused your bp to shoot up, it sounds as though that tiger may have given you a big favor by drawing your attention to this high bp and seeking medical assistance.

I don't do the daily long walks anymore or heavy exercise, but I do walk up and down a steep 13 step stairway many times a day (I have a butt again! haha), put back on a healthy few pounds, and use a foam covered rehab weight bar to keep my upper body fit. I'd seen interesting mortality research which said that older people live longer with a little extra weight, contrary to the typical advice we normally receive. But that too with an eye on h60.

I love using the door knob analogy in your case, and mine. Moderation/limitation, and stress reduction appear to be key factors in your case, as they are in mine. We ain't gettin' no younger, sister Gemini! But we can eliminate many aggravation factors, like not being pulled off our perch, like poor Andy Cat was ;)... maybe Andy is getting on in years too?

Sorry if I made this sound too much about me, but I'm so relieved to be off that awful medication and been on my bp goal without it. Bad news is there's been a recall on the St. Jude defib implant due to a new but faulty lead insulation material. But I'm not stressing over it. Stress is the enemy above all things. No sense in being a goat butting against a door with a door knob. :duh:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
10.1.6 > 47

You are oppressed by ancestral spirits, that is, the shaping forces of childhood. The tiger in this case is voices from the past.

At the clinic, my blood pressure was 190/92

According to Internet sources, that is dangerously high. Weren't you warned about this at the clinic?

I got bp down earlier this year by giving up salt (thanks to pocossin)

Thank you. Giving up salted food may be the best thing I have done for my health. A few weeks ago my blood pressure was an optimal 114/74.

poised

visitor
Reaction score
Keeping cool

Hi Sooo, happy to hear that your pacemaker is working well for you. Your 60-ish or 60-ly lifestyle seems ideal.

I too spend most of my time in low gear these days, except I do as much as I can at the gym. Recently asked the trainer to create a program to challenge me and she did. Maybe I should check bp before and after, perhaps I'm doing too much.

More days/fewer exercises per day might be a good 34 > 60 . Do it, but don't knock yourself out ???

Andy Cat is about 5, in the prime of his life. He'd like to get out to roam, but roaming tigers not OK in this apt complex. So he acts out:
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1798640_653413101392324_195839804_n.jpg

I'm pretty much convinced, as you are, that stress avoidance/reduction is truly important. I'm goat enough, however, to stay off the bp meds and see if that works as well as it had been before the "accident." I hope I don't get the doorknob handed to me. Keeping an open mind about going back on them if necessary.

S

sooo

Andy Cat! You have a real stinker on your hands, it looks like. Laughed at the image!

That sounds reasonable. If you have a decent bp monitor, I suggest using it often, several times a day for awhile. If you don't have one, I suggest spending the $30-$40 or so to get a decent one. You can follow the trends throughout your day and better determine the factors at work. First thing in the morning will typically be higher. Average is usually an hour or so after a noon meal or dinner. It's natural and healthy for our bp to fluctuate according to activity or rest. Personally, I'd go easy on the workouts. People in terrific condition who may run miles each day, have suddenly collapsed and died, so extreme exercise is not the answer. Too much rest and too much lying down isn't good either. 60 and 15 has worked best for me.

I'm still inclined to think, as you did, that Andy's blood drawing was likely part of that high reading. The systolic (upper) can reflect your immediate reaction to something and by the time you made it to the clinic, your slower reacting diastolic (lower) reading would have have been affected also. I've experienced deep cat scratches and depending exactly where they scratch, drawing a stream of blood is not so unusual, though I believe you did the right thing by having it checked out, and receiving the shots for precaution.

I strongly recommend getting that monitor and using it, if you don't already have one. Remember that 60 is not only limiting, it's also incremental measuring.

S

sooo

Just another thought. 47 can refer to your systolic pressure by oppressing or restricting, closing up the artery into your heart, and tightening up your heart muscle as well, created by a sudden and immediate stress or shock.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
First thing in the morning will typically be higher.

An interesting observation. I would have expected the opposite -- low in the morning and high at night. Is your blood pressure lower after drinking a beer? I use wine to reduce the amount of warfarin I take and wonder if the wine isn't also reducing my blood pressure.

S

sooo

An interesting observation. I would have expected the opposite -- low in the morning and high at night. Is your blood pressure lower after drinking a beer? I use wine to reduce the amount of warfarin I take and wonder if the wine isn't also reducing my blood pressure.

It's been several months since I've had a beer or glass of wine, though a little wine would likely be a good thing. It just doesn't feel right any longer.

Yes, I thought it was odd too, morning being higher, Perhaps it has to do with the chf, lying horizontally and water flowing into the organs like lungs etc. I take a diuretic first thing in the morning, again pointing to water retention as a possible factor. However even my VA doctor, as well as other medical sources, have advised taking bp meds at night for the same reason, bp rising during sleep. I've also been advised to take readings awhile after lunch for best average readings. My evening readings also are about average.

But this isn't a general trend. Some studies do determine morning averages being lower and evening being higher. I guess it depends on the individual and the causes, and also whether taken before or after medication.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Apparently I read 34.3.4.5 wrong. And perhaps 10.1.6 as well. Anyone see other answers in these readings?

I agree with your 10.1.6> 47 take , poised, and I see also 34>60 somehow saying the same thing. Outwardly, you tried to limit(60) the affect the incident had but inside things might be too 34. Lines in 34 talk about resistance and 60 could be seen in a similar ways as somehow the cause of the resistance , the limits you put on yourself. Maybe I'm biased from the way I react to anxiety which usually comes with a low blood pressure and at the beginning I have "no clue" :rolleyes: - consciously- why but then when I "see" what causes anxiety , blood pressure rise up to normal. Maybe you "push(34) your limits (60) ? "

As a side note, both reading are about treading and conduct , so I see them as saying the same story focusing on different aspects of it.

The advise to monitor your pressure is a sound one. Had save me from extra worries knowing what causes the disturbances and helped me regulate the root of the problem.

take care !

poised

visitor
Reaction score
Ancestral spirits

10.1.6 > 47

You are oppressed by ancestral spirits, that is, the shaping forces of childhood. The tiger in this case is voices from the past.

I had to think about this a long time, pocossin…what makes sense to me is "learning" anxiety from an hysterical, histrionic mother (tiger), who like an old Irish witch, foretold doom from everything. "BE careful with that pen, it could put your eye out."

So while I remained relatively calm on the outside, kept moving, went to the gym and the store, on the inside, my system went into full crisis mode from that cat scratch, bp flared. (I could die!!!) Full-catastrophy thinking.:rofl:
Perhaps my mother and I have some genetic (ancestral spirit) propensity to this. And the last thing I considered was my beloved grandmother who died at 62 from a stroke. I hope I haven't inherited that gene.

At any rate, it's been two days now and bp is 115/75 this morning with no meds.

Thanks so much for your help :bows:

poised

visitor
Reaction score
Shocking

Just another thought. 47 can refer to your systolic pressure by oppressing or restricting, closing up the artery into your heart, and tightening up your heart muscle as well, created by a sudden and immediate stress or shock.

Good explanation, Sooo. Thanks. It was a sudden shock "to the system" as we say.

I strongly recommend getting that monitor and using it, if you don't already have one. Remember that 60 is not only limiting, it's also incremental measuring.

Indeed, good advice. I do have a good meter at home. Incremental measuring (60) looks like the "outcome," or suggested outcome of 34-ing?

Anyway, glad you liked the cat cartoon. I laugh aloud every time I see it.

poised

visitor
Reaction score
Inside-Outside

I agree with your 10.1.6> 47 take , poised, and I see also 34>60 somehow saying the same thing. Outwardly, you tried to limit(60) the affect the incident had but inside things might be too 34. Lines in 34 talk about resistance and 60 could be seen in a similar ways as somehow the cause of the resistance , the limits you put on yourself.

Thanks, anemos. I'm seeing the limits I put on myself and also the exceeding of limits, which is what I'm doing with exercise. A little less might just be more.

DeKorne comments on 34.5: When you are truly centered in the Work, aggressive action should be unnecessary.

I think meds (aggressive action) are unnecessary if I keep my life in balance.
Sometimes challenging when excess is so appealing, but certainly worth the effort.
Maybe I'm biased from the way I react to anxiety which usually comes with a low blood pressure and at the beginning I have "no clue" :rolleyes: - consciously- why but then when I "see" what causes anxiety , blood pressure rise up to normal. Maybe you "push(34) your limits (60) ? "

Sounds familiar. How is your bp now? I used to faint when my kids got hurt, but only after I'd driven them to the hospital -- 40 miles once on bad roads in a foreign country. My normal bp back then was 90/60 …

As a side note, both reading are about treading and conduct , so I see them as saying the same story focusing on different aspects of it.

"Treading is so apt, as I'm pushing myself to go faster on the treadmill. :):)

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
its much better , poised. I have an endless list of incidence like the one you shared here. The more representative was when doctor ordered to go home and rest because my bp was 50 and i thought she exaggerated a lot and went back to office to do some important tasks. :rolleyes:. With all honesty I believed she exaggerated and made a fuss out of nothing. That is my automatic response , to push my limits and it has been helpful to deal with some limitations . Generally speaking , it a good strategy, yet sometimes I saw how abusive i was towards myself and body. Nowadays I try to be more attentive to the messages my body sends and when i see I fall back to the automatic response I ask some key questions to myself . It helps to pause and re-think my behavior. The inner dialog and negotiations are hilarious :p

Its a hex 34 thingy,imo "
However, true greatness depends on being in harmony with what is right."
The key , to me, is to re-define what greatness really is. Not a easy task but when the rewards are appeared it becomes a bit easier. :cool:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).