...life can be translucent

Menu

is there a chance of returning back to normal?

evas

visitor
Reaction score
Dear all
I have had unexpected back problems since winter, which kept me pretty much away from living an activen lifestyle. When i asked i ching how bad my injury was at that time (before i had all the results) i got answer 55>56. So i figured it was not that bad. I was diagnosed with disc herniation in a few days..this did not make sense in the first place. I was told that this is a long term change thing but that everyone recovers someday if they work on it. And for me the pain made it impossible with carrying on with my very active way of life. I did a lot of therapy and stuck to what docs said, and in spring i was painfree with good prospects for a complete recovery until summer. So i started with my usual sport routines and Bam! Pain struck again. I have tried to recover from the second herniation now but i am not making such a progress as before. I have started to loose hope and faith to ever get rid of the pain. I tried all possible treatments and i still have periods of pain and times when i feel i can climb any high mountain. I very much wanted to ask iching "Will i ever recover?" But i changed my mind since yes/no questions should not be asked. So instead i forced myself to take a more positive perspective and asked iching "what shall i do, what perspective shall i take to finally heal myself and be able to live my life fully as i did before?" I got answer hex 14 unchanging. I read about possible interpretations but i am not sure what message there is for me. Maybe that I am already on the right way and should continue with the therapies and just be patient or does it mean that this is it an life will not be any more rich in terms of living a more active life? Thank u all for your help and insights. ;)

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
What were you doing when your back first went bad?

evas

visitor
Reaction score
Its a problem of cumulative nature, first since i was a kid i grew up fast, pretty tall with muscles too weak to supprt the spine. Had occasional back pain. Then i did a lot core strenght until i was like 25 or so but again did too little of it the last 5 years plus overloaded it with too much sitting in front of pc at work and there u have it...

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
OK, but what were you doing at the exact moment when your back pain began?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Dear all
I have had unexpected back problems since winter, which kept me pretty much away from living an activen lifestyle. When i asked i ching how bad my injury was at that time (before i had all the results) i got answer 55>56. So i figured it was not that bad. I was diagnosed with disc herniation in a few days..this did not make sense in the first place. I was told that this is a long term change thing but that everyone recovers someday if they work on it. And for me the pain made it impossible with carrying on with my very active way of life. I did a lot of therapy and stuck to what docs said, and in spring i was painfree with good prospects for a complete recovery until summer. So i started with my usual sport routines and Bam! Pain struck again. I have tried to recover from the second herniation now but i am not making such a progress as before. I have started to loose hope and faith to ever get rid of the pain. I tried all possible treatments and i still have periods of pain and times when i feel i can climb any high mountain. I very much wanted to ask iching "Will i ever recover?" But i changed my mind since yes/no questions should not be asked. So instead i forced myself to take a more positive perspective and asked iching "what shall i do, what perspective shall i take to finally heal myself and be able to live my life fully as i did before?" I got answer hex 14 unchanging. I read about possible interpretations but i am not sure what message there is for me. Maybe that I am already on the right way and should continue with the therapies and just be patient or does it mean that this is it an life will not be any more rich in terms of living a more active life? Thank u all for your help and insights. ;)

well I hesitate to answer since I think I was totally wrong last time I answered on your back issue...but FWIW, yes I think 14uc is a very promising answer. To me it can say simply "you have it, it's yours". You have wealth of some kind...be glad of what you have, use it...practise a conscious attitude of gratitude for all the goods things you have right now that you can do right now.....I think this answer definitely encourages a Pollyanna type frame of mind.....ie if all you have is lemons make lemonade. But I also find it encouraging for future prospects.

I will link to the 14uc thread as 14uc can come up at times when we are at rock bottom or at least feel that way, and it can seem an odd answer to get. but often we have far more than we really think we have in all kinds of ways.

14uc thread http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/frie...eriences-with-Unchanging-Castings-Hexagram-14

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I'm linking to the thread from the time your hurt your back for background....I'd thought it would be a quick recovery and it hasn't been, although I don't think I knew you'd had a history of back problems....

http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/frie...hats-wrong-with-my-back-hexagram-55-1-6-gt-56

Anyway yes keeps spirits up and expect improvement is my view of the answer......but most importantly keep on and on reminding yourself of how well you are doing actually despite everything, really try to see how far you've come.

Also (not Yi related) perhaps rather than highs and lows of activity ie a lot of activity when good, less when in pain, it may help to keep a fairly consistent base line of activity ? This can help the nerve endings to settle. If one has already had pain then it can be your nerve endings get hypersensitive ...so it can help to settle into a more regular cycle of activity...not big ups and downs. having said that I'm sure you, your physio/dr knows the situation better than I...it was just a thought

Last edited:

evas

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Trojina (Trojan back then),
Thank you so much, for helping with interpretation. I took one day to reflect on the reading and what you think about it. Maybe this is just a lesson i have to learn. Not to push myself and take some time to rest, heal, slow down and not feel bad of doing so. :blush:
I was told to maybe look for a job that does not require sitting, maybe a new challenge? Who knows :) i still am far from recoveree but when i looked how far i have gotten since the 55>56 thread in december, it is certainly a progress, although slow with many settbacks, but not as severe pain as back then. And yup, there is something about this hypersendtivity... When its too cold outside for example it triggers of small pain centres across the whole area... So i put always some extra layer on or so and its gone.Weird... But i guess this might be the overstressed nerve roots... Anyways, thumbs up and i will continue walking my path :) thanx a lot :)

I'm linking to the thread from the time your hurt your back for background....I'd thought it would be a quick recovery and it hasn't been, although I don't think I knew you'd had a history of back problems....

http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/frie...hats-wrong-with-my-back-hexagram-55-1-6-gt-56

Anyway yes keeps spirits up and expect improvement is my view of the answer......but most importantly keep on and on reminding yourself of how well you are doing actually despite everything, really try to see how far you've come.

Also (not Yi related) perhaps rather than highs and lows of activity ie a lot of activity when good, less when in pain, it may help to keep a fairly consistent base line of activity ? This can help the nerve endings to settle. If one has already had pain then it can be your nerve endings get hypersensitive ...so it can help to settle into a more regular cycle of activity...not big ups and downs. having said that I'm sure you, your physio/dr knows the situation better than I...it was just a thought

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).