...life can be translucent

Menu

Move to syd (38.1.4.5 > 59 ) or stay in melb (52.1 >22)

deepstillwater

visitor
Reaction score
Many tumultuous things have happened to me in Melbourne. This year, the I Ching told me, would be Obstruction for me. So far it has been very tough.

I was thinking perhaps after I finish my degree in November I could move to Sydney. I have many old friends there, and the change of city and a new start could make me feel more positive about the future.

I asked, what would be the result of moving to syd after graduation: 38.1.4.5 > 59

What would be the result of staying in Melbourne after graduation: 52.1 > 22

Which would you do? It seems to me that staying in Melbourne would be the easiest option, but that ultimately unfulfilling.

Thank you for your thoughts

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
This query got buried...so bumping it up

Uuuum well I think you will be staying in Melbourne as for the Melbourne option Yi shows you stilling your toes because there really is no need to go anywhere.

38.1.4.5>59 hmmm I just wonder if this answer isn't addressing the real reason you want to leave Melbourne and go to Sydney. You feel alone and alienated. I don't think it's going to last. It looks like you are going to make connections that make you feel happier (38.4) It seems there are unpleasant people/scenarios around you but actually they cannot harm you, you can let them do their thing (38.1) 59 also looks like whatever issues made you think of going to Sydney will actually resolve....and so you will stay in Melbourne.

I don't think Yi addresses things that aren't going to happen....if you aren't going to Sydney Yi might describe reasons why you want to go.. I don't think you are going to leave Melbourne anyway...ride out the difficulties, they will pass and you will feel much more connected at some point (38.5). Also with 38.5 notice spiritual support from ancestors, from the past. May sound far fetched but I've heard these ancestors, maybe deceased loved ones, grandparents, parents...whoever, bring a kind of strength to tide you through hard times. This indicates this trouble is something that you were maybe meant to do...if your ancestors are involved then it is part of your karmic route or your destiny, however you like to think of it. Whether you take this literally or whether you take it as helpful lessons or memories from such people, it doesn't matter, it's still real enough in 38.5 . If you are walking your path you were destined to walk, your ancestors, however you think of them, will be walking with you.

Of course I could be wrong...but that's how I see it

deepstillwater

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Trojina,

I read and re-read what you wrote. The spiritual support from ancestors really touched a part of me.

My father died when I was 19, and I miss him greatly always. My father's mother, my grandmother, died a few years ago and we were quite close. She would always say to me that I am worthwhile. I am worth something.

She was made to feel as if she was not worth much (her father was an alcoholic who lost the family farm, and her husband, my grandfather's, family were quite wealthy and looked down on her loving but uncultured ways. She always gave boys who came with the granddaughters to meet her the hardest time: because she said they should know that you are worth a lot and are not to be triffled with.

I miss her.

That side of my family were tough Irish peasents who came out to Australia during the 1860s and who broke their backs in the bush building a farm. There is still the family farm in the same location, still owned by the family. They were tough people, who didn't have life easy at all. They came from nothing, and they made something.

I too have had a difficult upbringing, poor for a very long time. I put myself through university, I travelled the world by myself. When people look at me they tell me they see a strong, independent woman with incredible drive.

I am that. I also have a bit of a tender inside too. Like almost everyone.

Thank you Trojina

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
Move to Sydney,

The weather is better, live near maroubra, clovelly, get some sea air. Everytime I would catch the train into circular quay, see the harbour the bridge the opera house, its just beautiful and the main city libraries ...their gorgeous 20's / 50's architecture, green tiles against marble, mmmmmmm. Or living the art life in surry hills, that's where I used to live, coffee hookers, galleries and 24/7 bars (that may not be at all appealing to you, but i was always an insomniac)

my take on 38 > 59 is that you will expand your social sphere and meet and make new connections and support, dissolving old boundaries. Melbourne and syd sit around the same living expenses these days too so its not that big a change anymore.

I dont usually disagree with trojina but your melb question was posed as , if I stay in melb what would pass etc. 52.1..., the zhi gua (nod to bradford) 22.1 is the person doing everything on their own - which is how you describe yourself. Maybe its time to join your non-blood-linked human family in a new city and branch out so you can evolve past an identity of the strong woman, who has to do everything by herself, which can have so much personal satisfaction in terms of feeling achievement but can leave you with a big gap where your soul partners and friends are supposed to be, and the feeling of relatedness, belonging and love that results from allowing someone else to help you or give to you.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I agree there is more than one way to see these answers.

deepstillwater

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I thought I would report back what has happened in the past few months. I was really determined to move to Sydney but... well things resolved for me to stay in Melbourne as Trojina suggested.

I have been working very hard to finish up my honours, and through that one of my final projects was to do a cider packaging brief that had been set by an international design company that is based in Melbourne. The brief was semi-real in the sense that the presentations were made to the company creative director et al. A very intimidating experience! Never the less, I tried my best and I was a runner up in the brief.
This gave me an interview at the design company and the opportunity to work (paid) for them for two months. A fantastic opportunity! I went to the interview and during it the owner of the company straight offered me six months, not two. Then yesterday, he called me to say he was drafting up my contract for six months and he decided that no, actually he had so much confidence in my abilities and drive that he wants to offer me a permanent contract. THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING THING! The owner said he was so impressed, he believes I am the top designer he has ever seen come out of my university (and they run this competition every year).

The pay is excellent, he wants to mentor me and I believe the studio will be a great environment for me to develop and grow in. The studio is also only a 15min bike ride from my current apartment. My current flatmate is great, and we can continue to live together.

Honestly the easiest, most advantageous thing for me to do is just to stay in Melbourne. This company has an office in Sydney so maybe I will move later, but I'm not so worried about it.

The only thing? I met a boy four months ago that lives in Sydney, and we have been talking for the past months. I like him, a lot. We met up a few times on the weekend just gone as I went up to Sydney for a break, but it seems we are only just friends for the simple reason we don't live in the same city. I asked the I ching for advice regarding that situation with that boy: 38.1 to 64

The repeat of 38.1 is interesting. There is no need for me to do anything.

Thanks all for your help

G

goddessliss

Melbourne is known to be the creative capital of Australia so I reckon it's the best place to be for you and other creative people - my son has had great success in his creative endeavours since moving there over 3 years ago - not so much luck with housemates because of jealousy of his success. So he moved out and moved on. :)

Good luck and have fun - Liss

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).