...life can be translucent

Menu

Help with 64.1.5.6 > 58

Arcturus2013

visitor
Reaction score
So as background, I live with a female friend of mine who I was in a relationship with years ago and would like to be again, but the time isn't right for her for various reasons I understand. There is no outright denial by her of potential in the future, it's just clear we're not in the space to make it happen.

That said I try to be a good friend in the meantime, I'm very helpful around the house, and we talk all the time and watch movies and have dinner and such, but at the moment it's very platonic. I sometimes have a great deal of difficulty with this, cause I want things to move faster but know they can't. I sometimes also feel unreasonable jealousy that I know originates from past relationships I've had go sour, and I project that on to our platonic situation. We've talked about this and I do my best to keep it under wraps.

So anyway from time to time I check in with Yi to see if there is room for progress or if I'm making mistakes or see what I can do to encourage later flowerings. So I asked "What is the current state of my relationship with A.?"

I got 64 with lines 1, 5, and 6, changing to 58.

Now 1 pretty much seems to indicate I'm gonna screw up or have already somewhere, or that my eagerness is gonna (or has) cause(d) problems.

But then 5 just totally whacks that in the ass. Now I know I'm VERY important to her, I'm one of the few people she actually trusts, and she loves me deeply, just not romantically at present. And if the subtext of my intent is being picked up by Yi, that I want to be with her, it seems to be positive? Again eagerness clouding my perception....?

Then 6 rolls around and kinda seems to cool off the whole thing, sorta one of those choose your own adventure lines, things will go well if....

All of this is shadowed by 58 (which I've been taught to take the second hexagram as a backdrop to the question rather than a result) Which seems to say there is still cheerfulness and joy, and If I hold onto that I can expect modest progress.

I guess what I'm wondering is, How positive or negative is this result, and what do I need to learn from the combination of seemingly contradictory lines? Thanks!

B

blue_angel

It seems like your reading reflects the situation exactly as you described it. So for the time being it looks like you have to accept it as it is. Its good enough for the time being. Continue to be sincere, don't get wrapped up in future possibilities.

Arcturus2013

visitor
Reaction score
Fair enough, thanks. I asked a follow up just for some clarity, "How do I come across to A.?"

I got 52.4.5 > 33

4 and five seem to be pretty much the same thing, chill out and wait.

I know better than to take 33 negatively , in fact the restraint it proposes has has paid off in the past.

So correct me if I'm wrong but this seems like one of those situations where Yi ignores your question and just tells you whats up. I don't think it's saying she sees me as some willfully detached, ego-less zen practitioner who is withdrawing.

Rather, it's saying that if I want any good from this situation just keep still and let things proceed without trying to control too much, and keep myself at a safe distance and in time things will flow back my way. Seem legit, or too optimistic?

B

blue_angel

Yes, when we ask how we seem to another the reading can be confusing and cause our minds to go in circles. The only thing I can see here is possibly she sees you as retreating and keeping still. Or as backing off for your own good.

The lines seem to suggest meditation inorder to center yourself. Once you are centered your words will be in order. You will be clear and know what to say, or something like that...

Why not ask something like "how can I" questions. So you know or have a better idea what YOU can or should do. How can I inspire A, how can connect more with A, how should I approach A, what can I do to earn A's trust or affection or... you see where I am going right?

B

blue_angel

Who knows... she may see you exactly as a "willfully detached, ego less zhen practitioner, who is withdrawing" :D

Or... Yi could be saying to you withdraw from this line of thinking and questioning. Go meditate, clear your mind, and you'll see the answers are already there inside of you. :rolleyes:

B

blue_angel

Another way I can see your original reading is "what is the current state of my relationship with A?" 64.1.5.6>58.

Yi says something like, well your current state is this... you're opening up to what is not yet complete.

Line 1- you've completely immersed yourself here, so much you can't see clearly, what's in front of you or any possibilities. You're in a hurry to figure this out and reach your goal. Can't get anywhere like this.

Line 5- however you are intelligent and sincere, steady does it. You'll figure this out in due time.

Line 6- go ahead and enjoy yourself, eat, have a drink. But don't get drunk and completely lose your head. Slow down, don't get ahead of yourself or the game.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).