...life can be translucent

Menu

Just Met Someone....halp!

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just met someone that I have a ridiculous crush on. I am super boy crazy right now but gun shy..just to give some background. So I think I keep developing these crushes as a means of entertaining myself or something. BUT! This guy seems amazing...and we were just in this art show together. There were I think 5 participants, but it's funny that our work as a pairing keeps getting press...which is kind of cool. People keep photographing our works together and publishing it. I met him when we were deinstalling, but everyone was kind of rushing around. We all had a celebratory drink together with the curator. I introduced myself to him, and he was asking me a lot of questions. He seemed interested in me, but I got kind of shy! Now I kind of want to reach out to him but feel odd about it. I feel like I keep striking out lately. Like maybe it's a weird time for relationships for me (mars was in retrograde...conjunct my moon really recently). And I feel shy also, because I think he is an amazing artist. And I have always had a terrible pattern of screwing up relationships with people who are closer to being my equals..which is probably partially why I am still single! Ack! I am such a dork with a guy I think is really great though...Anyway, my question was "What are X's intentions towards me?" And I got hexagram 7.1. Hmmm... the army to approach...a disciplined approach? Is he planning on an approach? What do you think??

Thanks for you help!

Jen
:bows:

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Oh and PS...this is a weird thing. But I have this connection with the image of a cardinal (funny I almost did not mention this and then was reminded of how important it is to me because even my avatar here is a cardinal!) Cardinals, in my family, were considered guardian angels. My stepfather (who raised me from 3 as his own) believed that cardinals were guardian angels, because his grandmother taught him that when he was very little. He passed it on to us. He passed away when I was 20 years old..about 15 years ago now. Since then, anytime I was lonely or sad or looking for direction in my life, a cardinal would appear. I always new it was Dad leading me in the right direction. I am connected to the person I am interested in on social media, and he has a cardinal as his background. I know it is not the most unusual image, but at the same time I have never seen anyone with this, and it leads me to believe that this person could be important in my life...

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
hmmm...anyone? Should I reach out to this guy? I asked "what does he think of me?" and got hex 22. I think that's good right? Like he finds me attractive? Then I asked "what are his intentions?" and got 16. Seems enthusiastic but with no follow through...then "will he reach out to me?" and got 34 to 51. What should I do? should I contact him? I feel really twitterpated. :+/

kincadefoster

visitor
Reaction score
This may or not have to do with your readings. I knew someone who always was attracted to some kind of glamour... One guy was amazing bc of his art, one bc he had a nice house, etc. Once in a great while she liked a guy simply bc he was a cool laid back chill kinda guy, but none of them really worked out and she was never happy. They always ended up being human in the end. She would fall hard for every one of them(except the cool guy) and get her heart broken.

The point is I'm suggesting you learn to like someone for simply who they are. If you can like someone without them needing to be special in some way, you will be much happier. And if they have those good qualities, so much the better. I think someone's childhood upbringing has more to do with who someone is than status or wealth.

Sometimes we're super nervous around someone we like bc part of us is trying to tell us something. (like maybe we shouldn't really see them as any better than anyone else)

That being said, I don't think the IC will answer your questions about what he's thinking, his intentions or how he feels. I suggest asking something more like what is my best course of action?

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
I asked "what does he think of me?" and got hex 22.

He thinks of you as an artist. That is, he thinks you're a good artist.

Then I asked "what are his intentions?" and got 16.

This relationship right now is at the fantasy level of hopes and dreams.

then "will he reach out to me?" and got 34 to 51.

This seems to be an either/or reading. Either he will or he won't reach out to you. If that response seems frustrating, please remember that it is better to ask questions from your own point of view instead of asking what the other person is going to do. Hilary wrote a Sticky Note at the top of Shared Readings that gives some pointers on how to ask relationship questions . . .

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Hi kindcade and Ginny,
Thanks for your responses!

Kindcade, I appreciate your response but do think you are a little off the mark on my attraction to the guy. It was more of an initial gut reaction to him as a presence. Of course I would love to be with a guy who shares my passion for art but just because I would respect someone like that a lot, and we would share a profound common interest. Also, being a really committed visual artist is just a way of life, and you look for others to share your path constantly. I would love to be in a relationship with someone who could share that path with me. As far as being interested in him just because he is an artist, that's not the case though. We were in a show with around 40 other artists all of whom are very talented. One in particular was in our segment and is very talented (incidentally also an attractive guy), but I was not interested in him. I think it was more an instant chemistry with this guy.

Ha! Ginny that's funny. Maybe you are right that he just sees me as another "good" artist. I don't know, I sensed chemistry though. I am quite bad at reciprocating this sort of thing in the moment though, because I get very nervous if I think the person is particularly interesting...some blockage of mine. Probably why I am still single. Yes, I know we aren't really supposed to ask about the feelings of the other person, but of course sometimes people do and get clear responses, so I can't help but asking :)

Today I asked what his response would be if I expressed an interest in him and got 32 unchanging. That seems good, no? I still think the cardinal signifies there is something important about him...even if it isn't romance, but why not?

I always look for signs and see then cardinal when something is important... Incidentally I am doing a motivational workshop right now, and I knew it was the right course for me when I saw a tiny figurine of a cardinal in the corner of the room. So weird! The room had no other embellishments besides one poster and one other small object. I saw it when I attended an information session. And I got really excited about doing the program. But then I found out the cost, and it was really looking bleak for a little while. I knew I couldn't afford to pay the tuition and felt really disheartened. But out of the blue I was offered a full scholarship to do the program! I just started last night and am really excited about it. One of the things we will address is our approach to relationships, etc. I am looking forward to seeing what the connection is here and figuring out why I am having so many problems establishing a healthy relationship.

So we will see! Here's to hoping I come out all the better at the end of the weekend. And yep 16 is probably about fantasy at this point.. I don't know. I don't know this guy but have a strong feeling there is something important here. I will update when I figure it out!

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Well, here's a weird update to this thread. I met another guy (besides the guy I was talking about originally in this thread) about a month ago– , I'll call him guy A. I went to guy A's art show on Saturday night. It was near a beach, and it turned out that there was a really fun after party. He encouraged me and my friend to stay, so we did. Then he asked us if we wanted to hang out with him after. He had rented a small cottage and assured us we could take the bed, and he would sleep on the couch. Long story short, one thing led to another with guy A. I ended up staying over and going to the beach with him the next day. The next day we are hanging out at the beach, and out of the blue he says that his roommate is going to come out to hang out too. He said his roommate's first name, and I asked him what his last name was. And guess what? It was my crush. I had NOOOO idea they were roommates!!! Gaaaah!! So here I am sitting with this guy I am not that interested in but just spent the night with, and voila here is my crush :( Man, it was seriously awkward for me. Not sure what to make of it, it was such a weird turn of events. Maybe that 34 to 51 really describing the surprise of seeing him in such an unusual way… I am still way more interested in him than the roommate. I did another reading asking what he thought of me and got 14.2. Hmmm…this is such an awkward situation, but I'm wondering the outcome. Even though I ended up staying over with guy A, I feel like he was more interested in my friend, and I am more interested in guy A's roommate. What a weird pickle! Not sure what to do or if I just have to chalk it up to some really bizarre turn of events and say c' est la vie!

susieq777

visitor
Reaction score
Well, here's a weird update to this thread. I met another guy (besides the guy I was talking about originally in this thread) about a month ago– , I'll call him guy A. I went to guy A's art show on Saturday night. It was near a beach, and it turned out that there was a really fun after party. He encouraged me and my friend to stay, so we did. Then he asked us if we wanted to hang out with him after. He had rented a small cottage and assured us we could take the bed, and he would sleep on the couch. Long story short, one thing led to another with guy A. I ended up staying over and going to the beach with him the next day. The next day we are hanging out at the beach, and out of the blue he says that his roommate is going to come out to hang out too. He said his roommate's first name, and I asked him what his last name was. And guess what? It was my crush. I had NOOOO idea they were roommates!!! Gaaaah!! So here I am sitting with this guy I am not that interested in but just spent the night with, and voila here is my crush :( Man, it was seriously awkward for me. Not sure what to make of it, it was such a weird turn of events. Maybe that 34 to 51 really describing the surprise of seeing him in such an unusual way… I am still way more interested in him than the roommate. I did another reading asking what he thought of me and got 14.2. Hmmm…this is such an awkward situation, but I'm wondering the outcome. Even though I ended up staying over with guy A, I feel like he was more interested in my friend, and I am more interested in guy A's roommate. What a weird pickle! Not sure what to do or if I just have to chalk it up to some really bizarre turn of events and say c' est la vie!

Oh, wow. The ram getting entangled in the hedge, indeed! That must have been somewhat excruciating. What happened in the end, Ariel?

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Susie,
Oh wow this thread is kind of old now. I almost forgot about it! Well, in the end I never did get a chance to get to know the guy I liked. Since then he has found a serious girlfriend and become a really successful artist! After selling out at a big art fair he is now vacationing on the beach with his lovely new lady! LOL Definitely the one that got away! I still see "guy A" from time to time at openings, and it's awkward but seems like we mutually don't like each other much. haha

ariel13

visitor
Reaction score
Ha! innertruth, you are too funny. Don't want to name where I live, but it's one of the biggest cities in the world. Population 8 million last I checked!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).