...life can be translucent

Menu

How can we cross paths again? How to make that happen? = Hex 45.4 to 8

zarzamora

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been a long time lurker of the forum and have enjoyed reading some of the great insights you guys have to offer. I've finally decided it's time to join and share my first question with you all ...

What brings me here is a matter of the heart ... I asked the IC How can my special someone and I cross paths once more? How to make that happen? and the answer I received was Hex 45.4 > 8

(We live in the same city expect I no longer work at the place he does and I'd like to at least have a second chance to reconnect, take it from there and see what happens)

Hexagram 45: "Gathering"

‘Gathering, creating success.
The king enters his temple.
Fruitful to see great people, creating success.
Constancy bears fruit.
Using great sacrificial animals: good fortune.
Fruitful to have a direction to go.’

Changing Line 4 (Hex 45.4): ‘Great good fortune, no mistake.’

Resulting Hex - 8: "Seeking Union"

‘Seeking union, good fortune.
At the origin of oracle consultation,
From the source, ever-flowing constancy.
No mistake.
Not at rest, coming on all sides.
For the latecomer, pitfall.’

I have very limited experience reading and interpreting hexagrams, but to me, the results I got seem to be positive or maybe even encouraging ? However, I do not see a "clear/defined" answer to my question ... :duh:

Could someone please help me figure this one out? What was the answer the IC tried to give me regarding my question?

I appreciate all your help ! :)

B

blue_angel

Unfortunately there is no hexagram or line that reads "call them" or "meet them at the corner of elm street and 45th. Avenue".

It looks like your reading says you can cross paths through common people, friends, or a place where people gather together through common interest.

Finding out where that place is might be difficult. Can you not simply call them or email them?

Last edited:

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
What brings me here is a matter of the heart ... I asked the IC How can my special someone and I cross paths once more? How to make that happen? and the answer I received was Hex 45.4 > 8

(We live in the same city expect I no longer work at the place he does and I'd like to at least have a second chance to reconnect, take it from there and see what happens)

Seems to be quite an encouraging response. A few things that come to mind.

You have two hexagrams about integration, groups, union and gathering together. So, the possibility of a clear sense of direction and unity from the emotional anxiety is possible. The thing that I've learned when I've received these Hexagrams in the past is not so much that there is a set formula for finding "X" or one's soul mate or in fact anything that one desires...It's more like creating the inner conditions by which that person arrive naturally without coercion or force and it/s/he arrives by virtue of the fact you have altered your relationship to it. i.e. you reduce the emotional charge surrounding the issue.

The background Hexagram is 8 which I think is not so much about getting into like-minded groups but much more about finding union within ourselves which is naturally mirrored in the outer world. Once that process is initiated then the groups we are drawn to, and indeed the individuals that make up those groups of shared interest, come to us because they genuinely feel attracted to us as friends, soul brothers/sisters and potential lovers. No force or anxiety is necessary.

So, in that sense, line 4 offers this idea that by changing your desire/perception of meeting this person to become somewhat detached and carefree about it, you paradoxically invite such a meeting to take place by embracing a higher perspective. As Hilary mentions in the wikiwing interpretation of this line:

'Great good fortune, no mistake.'

Said to be because this is a minister willing to support his king. More generally: appreciating that it's not all about you and your experience, there is something beyond that to serve.

45 zhi Hexagram 8, Gathering Seeking Union. Gathering moved by free choice alone, no force of necessity. And gathering with the active desire to enlarge its field of vision. (fan yao 8.4, 'seeking union outside')
So, I'd say it is not a question of "making it happen" but allowing it to without your own static interference. Send out the wish then try and let it go. And yes, it may also mean to literally join groups, have fun, be yourself and see what the future brings.

I'm a firm believer in the idea that if there is further growth to be had by meeting someone for a "second time" then that will certainly happen and much more quickly if we get out of the way. :)

All the best.

Last edited:
M

mirian

Hi zarzamora,

I agree with the general ideas already expressed. Try the group thing, engage the person in some activity that you would enjoy with others, let the person see that you are not (yet) pushing into exclusive commitment. And when you get to meet the person avoid saying things like "You make me happy" :D You bring something special into my life" :D Show your unselfish side ;)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).