...life can be translucent

Menu

three questions and got 62, 63, 64: is Yi pulling my leg?

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello there

I have known the I ching for a while although I have always found it really obscure and have had lots of help from a friend of mine who has read my readings over the years for me.
This year I have noticed that I am starting to understand a little of wich I am really happy :)

Yet when asking six questions the other day most of the hexagrams that came up where new to me and even those that had just come up have actually showed difficul to understand (unchanging).

Plus there's this funny thing of the hexagrams 62, 63 and 64 which are completely new to me that came up one after the other! Are they related you think?

The questions I asked have mostly in common my job - I'm a non working actress, a want-to-be actress let's say.

So I know six questions are a lot but I'll try any way. If someone has a hint on any of them, that will be greatly appreciated.

Question 1: Will this workshop on video and photography be useful for me? 2 unchanging

Would that be a yes or no you think? :eek:uch:
I know 2 has to do with receptivity but whenever I ask if something is good for me or if I shall have something out of it the horacle would usually reply in a more comprehensive way. Here it is obscure to me.
The video thing is something new to me, having been up to now an actress.

Question 2: How can I put into practice the video projects I have in mind? 62.2.3.4>7
Here's my interpretation:
62.2 I need to start from very small projects, easy ones
62.3 I have to protect myself from possible bad people and enemies (I always get enemies in my readings!)
62.4 obscure :bag:

Question 3: Can I trust this person? 63.2.3>60
Now this is a famous actress but I know her very very little. I sometimes write in her forum but I don't see her in everyday life. I am not sure of her ideas on me, on how she sees me (I fear she may consider me as a fanatic as I often write in the public forum. Plus we have acting acquaintances in common.
My interpretation: is it saying that I know her too little to ask this question?

Question 4: How do I look in this persons' forum? 49 unchanging
Do I look as a revolutionary woman?! :confused:

Question 5: Is it a good idea to go and look for a normal full time job? 64.1.2.6>51
At the moment not working as an actress I am doing several part time temporary jobs which give me no satisfaction, little money, lots of frustration.
But I am qualified for a full time proper job (went to university as well!) . So I want to know if looking for a 9.00 to 5.00 job with a good salary would be a good idea.
My interpretation:
64.1 I will be ashamed of myself
64.2 it's not the time now
64.6 I shall regret it

So doesn't look the good thing to do now for me. Do you agree?

Question 6: What could turn out for me if I follow this particular director? 8.3.4.6>33
This is a film director I have met and have now the possibility to go on the set of the film he is doing now (just to watch though). He's very important so I think it is a good opportunity.
But the response doesn't look good either:
My interpretation:
8.3 these are not the right people :weep:
8.4 obscure to me
8.6 very very bad?!?! :duh:

As I said at the beginning these are almost new hexagrams for me except for 2 and 49 which I find obscure here.

And what do you think of the 62, 63, and 64 like that? Is he joking with me? :D

Looking forward to hearing from you all :)
olga
:flirt:

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Question 1: Will this workshop on video and photography be useful for me? 2 unchanging

H.2 is the opposite to H.1 The Creative which is active. H.2 is receptive and passive but equally powerful. So, the implication is that it is better to be receptive to external reality rather than actively going for every opportunity. So, yes, you go for this if you wish but it may not be the most electric result…

Question 2: How can I put into practice the video projects I have in mind? 62.2.3.4>7

Again the idea is not to force your way into the spotlight. Trust your intuition and artistic soul. That needs discipline. (7) There’s vulnerability in this situation which means you need to go very carefully with these projects otherwise some kind of harm could befall you. Easy does it. Think it through. Basically the Yi is counselling you to keep your creative desires within sensible bounds at this stage which echoes 2 Uc.

Question 3: Can I trust this person? 63.2.3>60

Perhaps this is not a question of trust but rather do you trust yourself to allow the process to develop naturally? 63 is concerned with a cycle that’s completed. Everything is in the right place but it could descend into chaos if you do not respect the natural rhythms in the situation. In other words, don’t run after this person. If they are meant to find you they will. Just be yourself, let things develop and stick to the natural limitations inherent in the situation. (60) Line 3 shows that there is some hard work in relation to either the person and gaining this trust and / or in relation to your field of work. It could also refer to your own psychology and inner development which is obviously key to all the above.

Question 4: How do I look in this persons' forum? 49 unchanging

I suppose you could be seen as a “revolutionary,” a breath of fresh air …Transformative. Or perhaps the Yi is telling you that is what you need in your thinking?

Question 5: Is it a good idea to go and look for a normal full time job? 64.1.2.6>51
So doesn't look the good thing to do now for me. Do you agree?

Yes. Looks like there’s still some unfinished business that needs taking care of before you take such action.

Question 6: What could turn out for me if I follow this particular director? 8.3.4.6>33

H8. Is about union within oneself which can lead to a natural affiliation and union with groups of folks in daily life. Overall it seems this particular direction isn’t quite the right one. Again, in an 8 context no force is necessary when finding our friends, lovers, work colleagues and the like. They flow to us by virtue of natural resonance, so we don’t need to search for anyone in his way nor the opportunities. It doesn't mean do nothing, effort is always needed. But it does mean paying attention to our perceptions and our focus so that our choices are real choices not simply reactions stemming from our frustration that things aren't arriving quickly enough. If our inner landscape is tended to then these things will come - usually when we least expect it. Line 4 seems to suggest digging deep in order to find what truly motivates you. The path is there. Perhaps you need the same discipline and focus mentioned in H.63? Line 6 confirms that without inner discipline then outer connections can be lost. The background Hexagram of 33 indicates a retreat from this direction.

62, 63 and 64 might mean that you are midway in a cycle which must be completed before you embody more of a H.1 kind of deal where you can spread your wings. Hence the importance of H.2 /62 in your answers and the work (63/64) in the outer /inner worlds needed to bring things to fruition. Give things a chance to mature and your creativity will flower and the connections you need to take it to the next level.

Last edited:
S

sooo

Electric result :) maybe more an eclectic result?

While there are bad people in that business, and what is sometimes translated as "non-people", or people with no human interest in you as a person, possibly more you as a commodity or a means to their own desired ends, I've usually found 'wrong people' to refer to my own wrong attitude or motive. Ambition does tend to use ourselves rather than be ourselves, and it is always more important to be ourselves first. And second, to beware of those who just want to use you.

Being yourself can be more complex as an actor/actress or artist, as so much of yourself is invested in the part you play. I'm a big Robert De Niro fan, and yesterday I was watching an interview of him. Often he has be criticized as having no personality in real life, just sort of blah. He explained that he conserves his energy until the moment it is required, which often times means the character he is involved in during periods of performing, but I also had the impression he was referring to his real life as well. He's generally not mister personality (a non-person, as in 8.3), yet he explodes into his performance when it's time to perform.

8.6 isn't always so bad. It could just mean you can't act without a part to play or without a director to direct your part.

Try to resist fatalism in your IC reading interpretations. :)

I think your 49 means this woman sees you as a possible up and comer - on your own day you are believed. Not a negative thing, so long as you have the talent and work ethic to back up your ambition.

Another general impression from your readings is, she who can be trusted in small things may be tested in greater things. Seems you have already been invited to the testing grounds.

Break a leg.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
oooh so many things, thank you!!!!

2 unchanging
So, the implication is that it is better to be receptive to external reality rather than actively going for every opportunity. So, yes, you go for this if you wish but it may not be the most electric result…
ok. Then if I say that it actually came to me through an acquaintance? I wasn't actually looking for it. Well yes I have this idea of a doc in my mind and was thinking about buying a videocamera and about maybe doing a course to learn the basics of filming but they're so expensive so I was just looking around but not really intending to do it. Then out of the blue this person I barely know sends me an email with this course (he didn't know I was thinking about filming!): It's a free course, it has national funding or whatever.
So for the moment I have applied, there is going to be a selection.
But as I see 2 unchanging it's not negative, so I will try this selection and see what happens and remain receptive to external reality :)

62.2.3.4>7
Again the idea is not to force your way into the spotlight. Trust your intuition and artistic soul. That needs discipline. (7) There’s vulnerability in this situation which means you need to go very carefully with these projects otherwise some kind of harm could befall you. Easy does it. Think it through. Basically the Yi is counselling you to keep your creative desires within sensible bounds at this stage which echoes 2 Uc.
It's exactly my intuition that has put this idea in my mind for about one year now, so I think I'm on the right track. I don't want to do it to become visible, it's a sort of necessity I have. And, the thing that struck me most, and which I forgot to mention, is that my two video projects are about my relatives, my ancestors, and hexagram 62 is about ancestors!!
Discipline is what I certainly lack, that's why a year has gone by and I have done nothing of the sort, so that's why I asked "how can I do my video projects?". I was basically asking for suggestion to put into practice what I have in my mind. I think the answer is discipline (thank god he's not telling me to joing the Army).
I will follow your advice on carefulness ^_^

63.2.3>60
Perhaps this is not a question of trust but rather do you trust yourself to allow the process to develop naturally? In other words, don’t run after this person.
(60) Line 3 shows that there is some hard work in relation to either the person and gaining this trust and / or in relation to your field of work. It could also refer to your own psychology and inner development which is obviously key to all the above.
You definitely got the point! The problem is that I'm so used to write in her forum that when I stopped 10 days another guy that writes in the forum noticed that and then she wrote "olga if you can read us, say you're ok :)"
So I sort of feel compelled to keep this sort of "public writing-relationship", even though I'm started to get bored of it and would honestly rather quit. I have written in this forum for so long that I have become a sort of official commentator, so everyone expects me to write from time to time.

49 unchanging
I suppose you could be seen as a “revolutionary,” a breath of fresh air …Transformative. Or perhaps the Yi is telling you that is what you need in your thinking?
Yeah sounds like he's saying MOVE ON! Which is true.
But you know what? even if I don't look for her she comes up or people related to her come up into my life. Which is really absurd.

64.1.2.6>51
Yes. Looks like there’s still some unfinished business that needs taking care of before you take such action.
Ok so considering that the other week I asked if acting is the right path now and got 11.1.5>48 which I interpreted in a positive way, then I think a full time proper job is not to be considered.

8.3.4.6>33
Overall it seems this particular direction isn’t quite the right one.
it does mean paying attention to our perceptions and our focus so that our choices are real choices not simply reactions stemming from our frustration that things aren't arriving quickly enough. If our inner landscape is tended to then these things will come - usually when we least expect it. Line 4 seems to suggest digging deep in order to find what truly motivates you. The path is there. Perhaps you need the same discipline and focus mentioned in H.63? Line 6 confirms that without inner discipline then outer connections can be lost. The background Hexagram of 33 indicates a retreat from this direction.

:(
This is a very important director I had an audition with 7 years ago (for a leading role!). Didn't get it and no wonder as I had just started acting classes. But at the time he told his assistant to tell me that I had done really well.
Two weeks ago, 7 years later, I went to his headquarters to ask if they were about to film and if there could be a role for me, they said no, so I asked to be an extra for one day. So we met again! He remembered me, and I asked his 1st AD to go and visit their set again. I'm going on Monday.
One of the producers started to "chat me up" saying he would like to see me again and all that stuff. So that may be my retreat I guess. Does it make sense?
Although the director is famous he is not my favourite but we come from the same city so it could be the easiest way for me to get in the movie business.

Give things a chance to mature and your creativity will flower and the connections you need to take it to the next level.
I really really hope so!!
thank you so much for reading me the whole six packet! :bows:

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
8.6 isn't always so bad. It could just mean you can't act without a part to play or without a director to direct your part.
You know what? I've always thought this of me, that I could be the best possible actress with a right director directing me! I'm not a Meryl Streep that is, that would probably brilliant even if left by herself. That happened also in school. And by the way, my acting teacher and Robert DeNiro studied together in NY, and they played in the same film too - one of the godfathers i think it was.

I think your 49 means this woman sees you as a possible up and comer - on your own day you are believed. Not a negative thing, so long as you have the talent and work ethic to back up your ambition.
Yes she knows I'm an actress too as we have some acting acquaintance in common!

Another general impression from your readings is, she who can be trusted in small things may be tested in greater things. Seems you have already been invited to the testing grounds.
:) So do you mean being invited by Yi?

Break a leg.
What does that mean?
(I'm not an English native)

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Guys since you've been so nice and it looks like you are i ching experts :cool: may I just ask you for some reassuration on a previous question I asked about 20 days ago?
I think I got the general meaning but if you see something that I don't see (and you seem to see many things that I don't see..)

Why am I not succeeding in working as an actress? 23.1.4.5>25
I had asked this question because people are usually impressed with me during workshops. Positively impressed I mean. I'm not even that bad looking. Yet not even a small role.
My interpretation:
23= I'm too weak. Perhaps meaning that I need to strenghten my inner focus, as TOPAL said.
23.1 there are bad people telling lies and spreading rumours about me (that has happened!)
23.4 obscure
23.5 could that be that in order to work as an actress I would need to be ahead of a group of other ignored actors?
What struck me was 25 which I interpreted as I'm too pure, and should probably trust people less.

Which makes sense to me because the day after I asked
What do I need to do to work as an actress? 49.4.5>36
My interpretation being that I have to hide myself from others (36), to hide my true self I mean. To be less pure. I am often said that I am like a child, and children trust everyone!! they have no mask.
I probably need a mask. Then I need to change my attitude towards people (49) but in the end I will be trusted 49.4 and people will fall at my feet 49.5 (sounds good for a future actress :) )

What do you think?!
thank you guys

:flirt:

S

sooo

:) So do you mean being invited by Yi?

What does that mean?
(I'm not an English native)

I meant being invited to be on the set, being invited to an inner circle within the business.

Here, it is considered bad luck to wish a performer good luck before going on stage, so the saying, break a leg, is a way of saying good luck without saying good luck. It's a very old expression in show business. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Break_a_leg

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).