...life can be translucent

Menu

hostile examiners during selection process 23>29 and 40>62

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

A few weeks ago I had asked a question on a course on video photography asking what may this course lead to and I had had 2 unchanging which a member of this forum interpreted as "you shouldn't acvitevly search for opportunities out there, you shoud be more 2-ish, meaning more receptive".

Since I have passed the first selection on cv I today went to the second part of the examination.
I was told I got one of the highest marks in the written section :rofl:

But when it was time to do the oral test I found 3 angry and hostile examiners. With me defending myself and my idea to do the course instead of just presenting myself, what was asked to all the others.
I also had the impression they offended me at once..

So I asked How likely is it that they admit me to this course? 23.2.5.6>29
Dunno. Does'nt sound good to me though, everything is falling apart..

Why were the examiners hostile to me? 40.2.3>62
here I guess the three foxes at 40.2 are the examiners (they were actually three!!)
40.3 talks of qualities I might have but then I don't see why they should be hostile to me then
:confused:

any help?

thank you very much!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
In 40.3 something about the way you present your situation and interests may be confusing to others

'Shouldering a burden while also riding in a carriage
Invites the arrival of bandits.
Constancy, shame"

from Hilarys book

Now if someone is rich enough to ride in a carriage why would they be carrying a burden ? Sometimes one's own self perception has not quite caught up with one's status. So one may be acting more lowly than necessary for example. You may have confused them in some way.

Thinking of a simple example. A woman goes into a second hand shop pleading for a discount as she is so poor. Her hair is beautifully coiffed, she wears expensive perfume and is dripping in gold. There's a mismatch between what she says and how she looks. Do you think the shop owner will trust her...or will he be suspicious of her ?

Do you think there may have been any kind of mismatch between what you said about yourself and how you appeared to be. Also they may feel you were uncommitted, that you had other interests.

They may not have been hostile just rigorous questioners trying to get to the truth of things.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
So I asked How likely is it that they admit me to this course? 23.2.5.6>29
Dunno. Does'nt sound good to me though, everything is falling apart..

No it doesn't seem they will...although I cannot be sure.

If they don't don't worry as 23.6 shows there's a whole new life beyond this . Time to step away from the outworn completely.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Oh you're so right!
The fact is that I am an actress, and they seemed annoyed with that, and kept asking why I would enrol on a film course. I said I have a project in mind and I would like to acquire the basics of filming so as to do it myself!
Then one of them had my cv in her hands and said: I don't understand.. with all these names, these directors that you met, why is it that at your age (37!) you haven't put your career onto a particular path, you haven't followed someone for example.

So here I had to explain that I did follow a director for 5 years, then we were about to work together but my former house mate happened to be in this director's company and didn't like me so everything faded out.

Thank you, now is clear!
although I so much want to learn the basics of filmmaking that I've enrolled on another free filmmaking course.
haven't cast on that one, and actually the age limit was 35 so they may well say I am not enligible at all :)

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hello

so today the list of people admitted to the course was published. Although my written test got one of the highest marks, they put me at the end of the list, 76 out of 81 people wanting to do the course.

You said that something new was coming though 23.6 so I'm trying not to think about this failure.

What does "it's time to step away from the outworn" mean?
:hug:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I was speaking of 23.6

'A ripe fruit uneaten.
Noble one gets a cart,
Small people strip their huts'

(taken from Hilary's book)

One finds with 23.6 one has to move on. An analogy often used here is that it's a time to move house not to just redecorate. 'Small people' , that is the less mature response to this loss, and it does feel like a loss, try to stay where they are, holding on to what they had which is disintegrating fast. Rather than hold on to old life styles, patterns, goals...its time to 'get a cart' and go. So this is leaving something behind in quite a final sense. However in going you will find there is something precious you carry with you like a seed into the new situations. So whilst it feels like a loss, don't mourn or hold on. Keep moving forward into new situations. Something has been gained so you can take that with you to plant at the new place you get to.

In terms of your situation I don't know exactly how to apply it. Perhaps this particular avenue that you feel you failed in is actually something to move on from ?

You had 29 as relating hexagram...it was 23.2.5.6>29. Ask yourself about how you handled endings in the past. 29 suggest to me you have been through this kind of thing many times...or maybe you tried to reach this particular goal many times and didn't manage to move on. It could be you really don't need to do this film course anyway. So rather than hold on to ideas about doing it or what it might lead to, take what you have learned and move on.

This isn't really a loss as long as you keep on flowing (29) I don't tend to think you should keep on trying to reach the goal of doing the course for example, I think there are other things for you to do. 23.6 is time to make a break, get free, move on. Its not easy but it takes you forward into quite a new way of living.

As I don't know your situation in detail you'll need to apply my suggestions as seems appropriate to you. :)

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
It is the first time I have tried to do a filmmaking course but it is true that I tend to keep on doing courses instead of trying to do things myself. People with so many courses taken would have already written/thought of something, and carried it out.
I tend to have lots of ideas in my head and not put them into practice.
So this 29 is probably telling me to stop doing courses, stop thinking that the course will give me greater insights than the ones I have. I probably need to walk by myself and put myself into the front line

:)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).