...life can be translucent

Menu

Is there life after death?

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday my beloved great aunt died. I remained next to her bed for hours, and saw her being washed, dressed, having make up on and put her in her coffin.

So today I felt like asking Is there life after death? 1.2.3.4>42

and Where is my great aunt now? 41.3>26

Can my great aunt see me? 27 unchanging

I have not a clue about what it is telling me but it strikes me the closeness of numbers I got: 41/42, 26/27

Any hint will be much welcomed

S

sooo

I tried nailing down an answer to this question when my dog died, when my ex died (same day as my dog), when my mom died, and when a member of this forum died. I could never come up with an absolute or clear answer. But they could all be interpreted to refer to me at the time. I know of another case where a member received 1uc concerning her father's passing. 1 can refer to spiritual life, but it can also include death itself among its meanings. I think some things are intended to remain a mystery to we who live in this plain.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
But do you have any idea to where is she now or if she can see me? :)

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Where is my great aunt now? 41.3.

Hilary says of this line, "It's not easy to sacrifice the security of the group and travel into new places, alone and self-reliant. But this is an offering worth making: In taking the initiative and walking alone, you attract a more authentic relationship, and open up the possibility of being of greater service."

herolaubet

visitor
Reaction score
I will say my opinion regarding your first question and what the interpretation of your casting is to me. I do not wish to impose my personal beliefs on anyone so please don't take this as an absolute answer of any kind.
Hex 1 is the representative of the Divine, I honestly think there could'nt be a stronger answer regarding this question. It tells me of the sprit that inhabits us all and surpasses the physical realm. The part of us that keeps on going after our bodies decay. That is infinite potential. It also speaks about God(or whatever name you choose to give It). The meaning of the lines is not clear to me at this moment. But I do believe there is life after death and that the Iching tells you to search for the spirit to better undestand that.
That is also why Hex 42 was cast as relating to this. It might be confusing or conflicting to think about death as Increase. But in this case I believe that the relating Hex is giving you the result of following the "Sage"'s advise and search for the soul. When you do you will find Increase as Heaven and Earth will unite inside of you. And as you find your truth in this you will also find more meaning in self development which is something this Hex is all about also.

I don't know how much of that helps, but it is my belief that your auntie is somewhere, she has not faded into nothing. As to where I can't tell you because the universe is infinite and only a direct communication with someone that has contact or knowledge about her spirit will be able to tell you that. We go where we need to in order to evolve and get closer to our Creator. And regarding of whether she sees you or not its hard to tell. She could be going through her own stuff wherever she is and might not be able to right now but regardless of that I think the Oracle is telling you should live your life as you would if she were watching above. Again personal beliefs :)

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone! Apart from your personal beliefs I was wondering if you can see something in the lines that came up..

This

Hilary says of this line, "It's not easy to sacrifice the security of the group and travel into new places, alone and self-reliant. But this is an offering worth making: In taking the initiative and walking alone, you attract a more authentic relationship, and open up the possibility of being of greater service."

makes me think that my great aunt has gone somewhere by herself, somewhere where she will possibly be of some help

and this

Hex 1 is the representative of the Divine, I honestly think there could'nt be a stronger answer regarding this question. It tells me of the sprit that inhabits us all and surpasses the physical realm. The part of us that keeps on going after our bodies decay. That is infinite potential. It also speaks about God(or whatever name you choose to give It).
Hex 42 was cast as relating to this. It might be confusing or conflicting to think about death as Increase.
makes me think that life after death exists (1) and that it will be better (42)
A stupid reading?

It is fascinating though, isn't it?

G

goddessliss

As a psychic/medium and through my own personal experiences of people who I've known have passed over (including my much loved dog) I've no doubt there is life after death.
Rosada has nailed it with Hilary's quote and again I have also been at the receiving end of service from the other side to help me through some hiccups and a motherinlaw who came back and hung around for a few days to apologise to me.
I don't know if they can actually see you but they can certainly feel and know your soul. - Liss

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I thought line 41.3 just says that she's gone somewhere alone all by herself, but not specifies whether there actually is a place to go.

But do you think that the sentence
In taking the initiative and walking alone, you attract a more authentic relationship, and open up the possibility of being of greater service.
could refer to me? a sort of general suggestion for my life?

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Is there life after death? 1.2.3.4>42

A friend of mine interprets as follows:
1 is pure energy (the soul is energy).
1.2: appears in the field (the earth: incarnation);
1.3: life events;
1.4: gets ready to jump and fly (death).
42: vibrational increase, might be the highest vibrational state that the soul (now free from material and matter) has or it might indicate that the soul increases matter with its presence

It looks to me as if it is describing life and not actually what comes next.

If this jumps took place, that means if 1.5 happened, then it would be 1>27
27: can my aunt see me now?
She is generating herself, nourishing herself from the source. It's not that she can't see you, she's simply busy with something else.

herolaubet

visitor
Reaction score
Is there life after death? 1.2.3.4>42

A friend of mine interprets as follows:
1 is pure energy (the soul is energy).
1.2: appears in the field (the earth: incarnation);
1.3: life events;
1.4: gets ready to jump and fly (death).
42: vibrational increase, might be the highest vibrational state that the soul (now free from material and matter) has or it might indicate that the soul increases matter with its presence

It looks to me as if it is describing life and not actually what comes next.

Very interesting and it makes plenty of sense. When you think about it if we accept that there is life after death as a fact, doesn't that makes death nothing but a chapter change of some sorts? Its not the end of life like we fear so much but merely a transition between two states. I love how that also makes sense regarding the lines. And now I see a whole different side of the relating Hex 42 as an indication of the purpose of life, which is exactly as you described "vibrational increase".
Thank you for sharing this :)

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Where is my great aunt now?

Based on my own experiences with this line I've found it to mean shedding baggage and decreasing one's involvement in favour of a more authentic relationship, whether that's with oneself, work, a group etc. That might mean being alone for a while as you process the change.

There are certain beliefs from ancient to modern that suggest that there is a "place" which the departed go in order to process the release from the physical plane. The "bardo" in Tibetan lore, the "contemplation zone" or 5th density in hyperdimensional physics and esotericism for instance. It may be that your aunt will find herself here, "alone" in her thoughts and reflecting on her life, slowly returning to her soul essence.

Or...

It may be she hasn't fully made the transition yet and is in the plane that separates the physical and "astral" worlds, slowly divesting herself of earthly conditioning. She's getting used to the idea that she has died. Apparently, sometimes it's hard for folks to fully release the "glue" of earth existence which can exert a magnetic pull.

Wishing your aunt well.

One thing's for sure, we are all going to find out what lies beyond our physical death. For my part, I have no doubt that consciousness continues. Aside from my experiences which have built on that conclusion since I was a wee nipper, there is overwhelming evidence for survival of consciousness which goes beyond the realms of mere belief, not just from thousands of years of ancient wisdom but right up to cutting-edge physics. The biggest impediment however seems to be thousands of years of conditioning upon the sensitive human mind that we are nothing more than a selfish gene lost in a cosmic machine.

S

sooo

Can my great aunt see me? 27 unchanging

I don't know how actual this is, but when I read this again I connected "see" with the lines image of 27 as an open eye, rather than the usual association of open jaw. And it is true that we are nourished by what we see. It may be that while you think of her, she sees you through this opening, and it also may be that seeing you nourishes her, helps her feel still connected, which would increase her sense of self even through her physical decrease.

S

sooo

1 - 2.3.4>42 is also making more sense to me. Going to link with something Topal mentioned about the Tibetan Bardo. The Bardo, rather than being a static place, such as is depicted in a Catholic purgatory, or Christian heaven, or Muslim Paradise, can be said to be a vast field (line 2) of dynamic energy; ones own energy actually, which takes on many forms, fearsome and benevolent, in due course. To find ones equilibrium in such a dynamic field one needs a guide: "It favors one to "see" the Great Man." This Great Man is actually ones own greater being, however since most minds are unfamiliar with this idea and belief, the earthly lama guide then advises the wanderer to cling to the local deity which they have prayed to during their lifetime: the Buddha, Jesus, Mohamed, etc. Since there is no physical body, neither is there sleep (line 3). The soul is wavering over the depths. No blame. (line 4) Wilhelm says of this line: "A place of transition has been reached, and free choice can enter in. A twofold possibility is presented to the great man: he can soar to the heights and play an important part in the world (reincarnated or remain connected through Spirit as a bodhisattva), or he can withdraw into solitude and develop himself. He can go the way of the hero or that of the holy sage who seeks seclusion (Nirvana). There is no general law of his being. If the individual acts consistently and is true to himself, he will find the way that is appropriate for him. This way is right for him and without blame." The creative senses (imagination) are dynamically activated, or "increased" during the Bardo experience.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I posted these experiences before or just meant to so please forgive me if I am repeating myself.

When my husband of died two years ago I thought I was going to go frekin' crazy. I knew I was supposed to go on living and be pleasant and reasonable and not be a burden to others but then why should I? I mean, if a judge said you were to be sentence to a life in prison for a crime you did not commit should you just be a good sport and quietly accept it? Hell no! Stupid rule. Stupid God. Stupid Universe. So I reached a point of being so mad they must have heard me in heaven because that night I had a "dream" where I was sitting on a park bench and my husband, looking as pale and weak as he had when he died, shuffled over and sat beside me. He didn't talk, I don't even think he looked at me, but as I told my girlfriend later, "He was as uncommunicative as ever but he came and he was THERE." I don't understand why, but it was tremendously healing for me to just get to see him again. Maybe because seeing him again let me know he was real and alive.

Six months later I had another "dream". I was rushing through the same park when there he was only this time he looked absolutely terrific - like he was about 35 and in perfect health. I have heard since then that this is not unusual, it takes a bit of time but then souls adjust to their new surroundings and they appear as they were in their prime. Anyway, he wasn't looking for me but recognized me when he saw me. I asked him what he was doing there. He smiled and said, "I'm waiting for someone." Then he smiled even more broadly and said, "But I don't think they're coming."
The next morning his sister called me to say the family was praying for her son, my husband's favorite nephew, as he had been found unconscious in the middle of the night with a brain injury. He was in surgery at the moment and it did not look good. I didn't put it together until after we got off the phone but then I realized it was the nephew my husband had been waiting for - and that the nephew wasn't going to be meeting him after all, he was going to make it through the surgery and be all right. Which indeed he was.

Anyway, those are my proof of life-after-death stories and I'm sticking to 'em!
Rosada

Last edited:

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Some things we are not meant to know, and any attempt to do so, or any claim to have done so, is delusion. Not even the authors of the Yi were privy to this information. Worry instead whether there is sufficient life before death.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The friend of mine that interpreted 1>42 says that Yi actually responds to everything, it is us not being able to see through it, not being able to understand if there's life after death. But the fact that my aunt is eating, nourishing herself (27) means she is somewhere although probably not my aunt anymore.

What upsets me is that her voice, her laugh, her dialect, our memories are gone. I am so attached to this material world that the idea of us all existing in other forms does not satisfy me completely.

And sometimes I'm so curious to know what's after death that I almost feel like wanting to die to see!

:rofl:

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Some things we are not meant to know, and any attempt to do so, or any claim to have done so, is delusion. Not even the authors of the Yi were privy to this information. Worry instead whether there is sufficient life before death.

I'd agree with your last sentence but I think absolutism is out of place on such a topic too.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
What upsets me is that her voice, her laugh, her dialect, our memories are gone.

could be that 27un refers to that thoughts ? Its been many years since the passing of someone dear but I believe nothing is gone, in essence. The sound of his laughter is gone but the feeling of hearing him laughing will never go. Those moments are the things we have "eat" and "drink" and its part of our cells or being.

Was reading something about memory and how our sense of self is attached to it, yet some people suffering from amnesia are not totally lost. I know how it is to not be able to retrieve the sounds , but she was not only that. Some things are immune before time and space and I think , in some respects, its what we mean as 'Life after Death" The paradox to be alive and dead. at the same ... "time" ( in lack of other word)

S

sooo

I'd agree with your last sentence but I think absolutism is out of place on such a topic too.

Thank you. I was going to say something but didn't want Brad to think I was picking on him. My thought was similar, like, if you're sure we can't know isn't that the same as being sure we can know? By reason, that would also be delusional to think you know that you can't know. And if "it's not meant to be known", who or what made the determination of what is or isn't meant to be known? Do I detect a belief in a superior being, a God? Or is that also delusional, in which case one can only conclude that Brad must be God.

My own position is, I don't know, but I tend to believe conscious identity exists in one form or another, so long as it can hold together. If not, conscious identity dissipates even if still within an earthly body; otherwise known as losing your self or losing your soul. Hold to him outwardly and inwardly, as 8 puts it. Keep it together.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Gee Brad, you say delusional like it's a bad thing…
:rofl:

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

So I should absolutely not take a strong position on the question?

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
could be that 27un refers to that thoughts ?
Could be yes! Yi sometimes is just a mirror of what you're living or thinking at the time of asking. But sometimes not. Could mean several things, I like to think it means everything that has been said :)

I am a nostalgic being

oh no! I have just realized that my great aunt used to say that once she was dead she would hope people would think of her and say, "Anna, so many laughs did we share!"
Because my great aunt used to laugh a lot.

So this 27 is astonishing in a way. Can she see me? She's nourishing herself or she's laughing, she's happy.
Or: think of her and of the times you laughed together!

Last edited:

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
conscious identity exists in one form or another, so long as it can hold together. If not, conscious identity dissipates even if still within an earthly body; otherwise known as losing your self or losing your soul. Hold to him outwardly and inwardly, as 8 puts it. Keep it together.

keep it together. True. Sometimes even if there is a body you lose your self, and sometimes you can bring it back, find it again through psychotherapy for example. So in a way our self is always there, is latent.

The problem is if we will be able to keep it together once our body-shell is gone. I would say (just speculating) that without a body and therefore voice or eyes or laughter much will be gone.
More will be acquired, possibly. Hopefully

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
keep it together. True. Sometimes even if there is a body you lose your self, and sometimes you can bring it back, find it again through psychotherapy for example. So in a way our self is always there, is latent.

The problem is if we will be able to keep it together once our body-shell is gone. I would say (just speculating) that without a body and therefore voice or eyes or laughter much will be gone.
More will be acquired, possibly. Hopefully

I think we still have laughter, voice and feeling and all other emotional and intellectual attributes. From what I can gather, depending which level or state you happen to find yourself, communication is done by sending "packets" of information - like balls of data - which we take into our energy field. We are then able to directly know the entity's experience at all levels. It is much more of a multi-dimensional experience. So, in that sense our ability to communicate and create will be hugely expanded when we are just the spiritual body. It isn't really possible to lie in this sense either. Gives a whole new meaning to the idea of "transparency" lol.

There are those that say our true form is boundless, limitless consciousness - I suppose that's real freedom.

S

sooo

The problem is if we will be able to keep it together once our body-shell is gone.

That's the entire premiss of the Tibetan Book of the Dead. When left with only our imagination the Bardo is a type of dream state, though there's no physical brain to draw from, only the soul's energy, which consists of memories and experiences of the past life. Of course it can be argued that without a brain there can be no memory. The counter argument to that is that the soul is made of subtle matter; a surgeon would never find it on the operating room table, just as the Kundalini is a subtle matter serpent. But if you ever meet someone on this earth without a soul, you will never forget the look in their eyes. It's as though there's no one there inside. The greatest shame for a human is to lose their soul, here or there. I remember that whenever I receive 8 as an answer. Keep it together. Also 24, return to your self.

S

sooo

One of the grounded forces in the universe is a family, a group of souls which you are tied to. Many here experience family members there that have found one another. My father's brothers and sisters were all present to greet my father. They had been "there" a pretty long time, and more or less found ways to hold together. By greeting my father when he passed over, actually before he passed over as he was talking to them for an hour before he died while in his hospital bed, my father received some spiritual grounding to help him keep himself together once he left his body. When he appeared to me in a dream a couple of weeks later, he was only semi-grounded, very excited about having his full head of hair and youthful appearance back. It's said everyone will be as 35 years old or in their prime of life, depending how long that life was. Nothing is mentioned of this in the TBD, so it's hard to pin down one absolute truth about that experience, and for all I don't know, there may be no life after death at all. On this I agree with Brad, that our business is to focus on this life while we're here. To mingle too much with the dead is not our place. Live an honest and honorable life, and death will take care of itself.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
You have it in your signature as well:

Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." Cyril Vernon Connoll

Keep it together.

Thank you guys to all of you!

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
The counter argument to that is that the soul is made of subtle matter; a surgeon would never find it on the operating room table,

reading slowly a case study of someone Doctors ( o. Shacks) see as a lost soul. Still contemplating what I read and what you said reminding a lot the following passage. That man, The Lost Mariner, could not form new memories , was stuck in the past but for him was the present.

One tended to speak of him, instinctively, as a spiritual casualty—a “lost soul”: was it possible that he had really been “de-souled” by a disease? “Do you think he has a soul?” I once asked the Sisters. They were outraged by my question, but could see why I asked it. “Watch Jimmie in chapel,” they said, “and judge for yourself.”
I did, and I was moved, profoundly moved and impressed, because I saw here an intensity and steadiness of attention and concentration that I had never seen before in him or conceived him capable of. I watched him pray, I watched him at Mass, I watched him kneel and take the Sacrament on his tongue, and could not doubt the fullness and totality of Communion, the perfect alignment of his spirit with the spirit of the Mass. Fully, intensely, quietly, in the quietude of absolute concentration and attention, he entered and partook of the Holy Communion. He was wholly held, absorbed, by a feeling. There was no forgetting, no Korsakov’s then, nor did it seem possible or imaginable that there should be; for he was no longer at the mercy of a faulty and fallible mechanism—that of meaningless sequences and memory traces—but was absorbed in an act, an act of his whole being, which carried feeling and meaning in an organic continuity and unity, a continuity and unity so seamless it could not permit any break.
Clearly Jim found himself, found continuity and reality, in the absoluteness of spiritual attention and act. The sisters were right—he did find his soul here. And so was Luria, whose words now came back to me: “A man does not consist of memory alone. He has feeling, will, sensibility, moral being…. It is here … you may touch him, and see a profound change.” Memory, mental activity, mind alone, could not hold him; but moral attention and action could hold him completely.
But perhaps “moral” was too narrow a word—for the aesthetic and dramatic were equally involved. Seeing Jim in the chapel opened my eyes to other realms where the soul is called on, and held, and stilled, in attention and communion. The same depth of absorption and attention was to be seen in relation to music and art: he had no difficulty, I noticed, “following” music or simple dramas, for every moment in music and art refers to, contains, other moments. He likes gardening, and has taken over some of the work in our garden. At first he greeted the garden each day as new, but for some reason this has become more familiar to him than the inside of the Home. He almost never gets lost or disoriented in the garden now; he patterns it, I think, on loved and remembered gardens from his youth in Pennsylvania.

Source : http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/1984/feb/16/the-lost-mariner/?page=1

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).