...life can be translucent

Menu

need to pick a name! Yi tries to help.

beatpoet

visitor
Reaction score
Hi,

I just thought I would share this with everyone and see what people's reactions are. I have to pick a name from three for a creative project I am engaged in. The goal is to have names that appeal to large groups of people while at the same time, being memorable/unique, and I simply couldn't decide myself, so I decided to ask Yi. Here is Yi's response:

name 1: 28.1.2>49
name 2: 28.3.56>64
name 3: 9.2>37

OR GET NEW SELECTIONS

52 uc

:rofl: Which really gave me a good laugh. Please please don't ask me about any more names! or Make up your mind on these!

But I couldn't help it since one was knocked out, and I again asked for name 4.

name 4: 23 uc

Name 2, doesn't look good at all. Interestingly no blame, but still bad.

Name 1: (28.1.2> 49)... seems interesting, and so does Name 3. But Name 1 and hex 28, does it suggest the name is a bit far fetched or forced?

Name 3 (9.2) ... seems basically positive, but I can't quite get what is being said there because I can never get a clear feel for hex 9. I the line saying, that the name will draw people in? or will make people feel at home (2nd hex as 37)?

Name 4: (23uc) too different? or positively different and setting it apart?

I think it is because I have be at it too long that I can't figure this one, but I also thought it may entertain others.

Thank you for your input!

beatpoet

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Seems name 3

(Seems it said dont look for a.name 4)

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with Moss Elk that the readings seem to favor the third name.

Out of curiosity, do names one and two have anything in common? Am wondering since you got the same primary hexagram for both. Completely different lines, though.

Are you comfortable that the readings are addressing the names? When I read over this, I kept thinking that the readings sounded like ones I'd get if Yi was trying to talk about something else. Maybe still related to the names, but something less straightforward than just strict feedback on three names, boom boom boom. (That might be ridiculous and silly - it's just a vague impression, not something I have really good explainable reasons for saying.)

beatpoet

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you, Moss Elk.

Thank you, Lisa.

In fact, Lisa. I thought the same thing. I wondered if 28 readings were actually about me.

Here is the update, and I find it really funny.

Fact is this morning, I found out that instead of having an option to contrive names, in fact, I had to select from PRE-FABRICATED names that I am guessing must have been tested by polling or surveys or something! :rofl:

So, when 52 appeared, Yi was saying, Stop! You are wasting your time.

As far as 28 goes, now I know for sure that Yi was doing both reflecting back my state of mind as well as making comments on the names.

Name 1, was one I thought OTHERS would like, but I felt was contrived.
Name 2, was one that I liked, but I wasn't sure others would like.
Name 3, was a name, I thought made the most sense because it was one that I could like and others could too, but the name was a bit syrupy in a way.
Name 4, I felt would really be my true heart's desire of all the names, but had been given feedback that it may not be a very good name because it was one of the names of the Sirens, from mythology.

So, when I found out that I had to choose from the Pre-Fabs, I selected one and just to complete our little experiment here as to how would this name be received by others at large. I got the best answer:

Name 5: 14.5.1.

Yi is amazing.:bows:

Thank you to you both. I truly appreciated your fb. Still would love any comments.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
That all is really funny. I'll bet it makes you feel really good that you have a Yi-endorsed name, doesn't it? :D I hope your venture goes well!

beatpoet

visitor
Reaction score
Lisa,
Thank you so much! Hope the hardest part is the name! ;)

beatpoet
P.S. Still awaiting official official approve, but so far it looks like it is a go!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).