...life can be translucent

Menu

R.o.i 14.1.2 >56

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

would appreciate any input you can offer. I'm facing some obstacles towards a goal and as an alternative, using a novel approach to make stronger an application. I'm halfway now , but since there is not an established way I asked today whether I can expect a return- a specific one- for that investment. IOW, asked if I'm on the right course... Got 14.1.2>56

Aside the imagery jumped out, of the wanderer start packing :p ( wishful thinking) seems an encouraging reading. I'm not very comfortable tho, with my understanding of line 14.1 and especially the "no relationship with what is harmful"... It could be stay away negative feelings, thoughts that it might not succeed, as the time for challenging is not yet so keep working for the test .. or just keep reading and practicing...

Line 2 could be that I use this way to achieve something so it might indicate a potential for success.

I can think of another interpretations that 'read' that this is a wrong investment... But maybe stressing it a bit towards the wrong direction- the interpretation I mean .

Thoughts you feel like sharing ?

thanks in advance.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
An impressionistic response ; it looks like a temporary measure. Like it gets you so far then you have to take another bus.

Looks like a journey where you keep changing trains/buses/planes. This is okay as long as you do nothing that is in anyway dishonest (14.1) It gets you on the way...yet I can't help but feel that when you get so far, at the next bus stop, you might have to get off this bus and get on another one.

yes it looks like a journey to me ...or rather a step of a journey. nevertheless whilst it may not get you there all at once it still takes you forward (14.2) Looking at change patterns, 19 yang, 33 yin makes me think this is not one single straight flight but a flight with a few changes of plane on route.

Well I hope that makes sense. it is a totally impressionist view of the answer :D

oh and what does 'R o i' mean ?

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
Well to me this answer is talking about big movement/big changes - and you asked if you were on the right course, so..

14.1 to me sounds like a counsel to not play it too safe; you have to take a risk sometimes to get a pay off
and 14.2 follows on saying use all your big assets the way you wanted to; with the admonition of the 56 resulting of being mindful of the fact you don't know the rules, i.e. you are trying something new, you don't know how it will go over so err on the side of caution or being conservative wherever possible.

So it is a bit confusing, I can see why you are struggling because it's almost like the answer is saying Yes Be Bold but do it Carefully and Old Fashioned Way.

I'm not sure what else I can say without the actual context. I get 14 often when I am worried about performing at work and 14 reassures me that I have got what it takes; so perhaps that's the message to you here as well.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I should explain my impression of this as not one big move, straight to wherever it is, is much based on 56 as relating hexagram and how I feel that goes with the lines of 14. Thought I'd better mention that. When I see 56 as relating I tend to think of smaller adaptive moves.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
An impressionistic response ; it looks like a temporary measure. Like it gets you so far then you have to take another bus.

You impression is correct. Its just a way to move a bit forward; then , as you said , I need to catch another 'bus'... but unless something change and be able to get a 'straight flight' ticket, without changing buses or trains, seems a way to get closer to the goal.

I understand what you say about 56, I see your point and was a similar thought of mine. Looking more carefully to Wilhelm's commentaries and reading the following,
If he is obliging toward others, he wins success.

this course of action somehow strenghten the idea behind this course of action....i.e. I'm willing to obliging and have the assets to do it. The latter is what i try to succeed .

my intuitive ( ?) interpretation was an image as the one I post ... but intuition can be flawed...

stock-vector-tourist-woman-118795399.jpg

Your 14.2, make sense too.. could be that those skill/knowledge might not work directly but, nevertheless, its something belonging to me and maybe utilize it in another way...

ROI means return of investment, if my the time and effort I invest will bring results.

Thanks for your input !!!!

btw, nothing illegal ( 14.1) so still a bit unsure about this line.

Last edited:

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
14.1 to me sounds like a counsel to not play it too safe; you have to take a risk sometimes to get a pay off
and 14.2 follows on saying use all your big assets the way you wanted to; with the admonition of the 56 resulting of being mindful of the fact you don't know the rules, i.e. you are trying something new, you don't know how it will go over so err on the side of caution or being conservative wherever possible.

So it is a bit confusing, I can see why you are struggling because it's almost like the answer is saying Yes Be Bold but do it Carefully and Old Fashioned Way.

Interesting take ! Yes, its a bold approach in some ways yet respectful. I take risks, yes, hoping it will pay off.. but it depends on the openness of those evaluate my claim... hmmm, 56

Thinking of 56, and a notion of transparency it embodies, imo, could be what you also said...

Your idea about risk, triggers a lot of thoughts.. could be related to the reasons i felt like asking... need to sort out those thoughts

thanks for the helpful input !!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
btw, nothing illegal ( 14.1) so still a bit unsure about this line.

I think it's about taking care not to cause any kind of harm at all, even inadvertently. I can't see how it applies in your situation. Sometimes I feel the change patterns lines make are more important. I even wondered if the change lines of the change pattern hexagram shone out faintly through the answer...in a ghostly sort of way. Here they would be 19.1.2 and 33.1.2. A bit far removed I guess but just a thought. 19 and 33 feel like coming and going, advance and withdraw....couple that with 56 and that hiker will be stopping to change buses and have a cola now and then.

The picture of the hiker is how I saw it too

and the whole matter surreal .. makes sense that evoked an impressionist answer

Hmmm could play with making a genre/school of art a way of interpreting Yi for a day.

Impressionist
Realist
Surrealist
Naïve Art
Pointilisim

I might aim for a mixture of naïve and Chagall type interpretation today :cool:

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Here they would be 19.1.2 and 33.1.2. A bit far removed I guess but just a thought. 19 and 33 feel like coming and going, advance and withdraw....couple that with 56 and that hiker will be stopping to change buses and have a cola now and then.

icon3.png
aha !!! Johnny Walker and 56 is a pair
:cool:

JOHNNIE_WALKER_3.jpg

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Hmmm could play with making a genre/school of art a way of interpreting Yi for a day.

Impressionist
Realist
Surrealist
Naïve Art
Pointilisim

I might aim for a mixture of naïve and Chagall type interpretation today :cool:

:rofl:
will stick to pointillism... dot by dot ... :rolleyes:

S

sooo

The sense I get is that moving ahead in fine, so long as you don't too wrapped up in results too grossly material, but to enjoy the forward motion of the experience. One of the most important motivational factors during a career flight path is mobility; that is, traveling from one place to another: I was there, I am now here, and I am going there. How often do we here things like, this job is leading me nowhere? When you reach the ceiling of your potential in your career you lose enthusiasm for the job, you've arrived and now you're stuck at a dead end job. Even if this is not about your job, the idea is the same. A sense of mobility is what ambitious people need to be at their best. It's not much fun to say, okay, I'll be outside sitting in my car. No, you get in your car with the intention of going somewhere. As long as you're not blinded by ambition or have unrealistic expectations (line 1 in this case), it's not a mistake. Pack your bags and bring all you need (line 2) so you won't have to turn back. Enjoy the ride as well as the destination. That is an ROI by itself, for a wanderer.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
As long as you're not blinded by ambition or have unrealistic expectations (line 1 in this case), it's not a mistake. Pack your bags and bring all you need (line 2) so you won't have to turn back. Enjoy the ride as well as the destination. That is an ROI by itself, for a wanderer.

interesting point !!! thank you. Haven't thought 14.1 that way but makes a looots of sense. Is it realistic or not ? time will tell , but mobility is required, for the reasons you said... agree!

was looking at the fan yao 50.1 , the ting turned up side down.. like no looking back... or empty mind from unhelpful thoughts

appreciate the insight!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).