Menu

will I ever work with this director? 9.3.4>10

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
hello there,

I'm back!

In a way I think I have pretty understood the meaning of this throw of coins (I'm getting better :) ) but any hint will be really appreciated.

There is this theatre director I have long wanted to work with, I almost made it last year actually, I was in the play!
Then one of the director's assistants who happened to have been one of my house mates three years before (and we didn't get along very well) told her he didn't want to work with me and the director said that she didn't want quarrels in her play so I was out. Well actually she didn't even bother saying it, I was rang up by another chap 45 minutes after they'd said I was in.

It's a terrible story actually, I shan't go into details but basically they didn't play fair if I may say that, and the director first said I was in, then talked of an audition I should go, made me spend lots of money to go to this audition 'cos it was held in another city, then said I was in, then had me phoned back to say her assistant didn't want to work with me. So I felt really betrayed, fooled around, and it was an abuse of power by this guy.

But she's the director I've always wanted to work with and I keep thinking of her and there has been a bad letter exchange last February where I basically told them both they behaved cowardly, and so last month I asked

Will I ever work with her? 9.3.4>10

My reading is as follows: not yet, it is too soon now. No rain yet. But keep on working on your qualities, on yourself so that when time will come you will be ready. There are too many difficulties now, And even the strong person (the director) is not in a position to use her strenght, and loses her dignity (she indeed has dropped in my chart of the people I esteem most).
10 is the tiger, a very powerful person, it's not the first time that comes up when I throw coins about her theatre group. I have to cultivate my garden (myself, my talent) now because when I will be working with her there will be no time to rest or do that.
9>10: learn how to deal with a tiger so that when you meet her again you will be able to follow her without getting eaten up.

does it make sense?
:)

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
It looks like after a time when "the husband and wife stand glaring at each other" a new time emerges in which your interests start to progress, or the tide turns in your favor. I think you can look forward to working with the director some time in the future, maybe after the assistant director who used to be your housemate leaves.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with Ginnie. 9.3 is probably describing the current situation. "Averting glances" all around (avoiding conflict by staying away from each other) is what is happening now. When 9.4 says "blood departs" it reminds me of when people talk about bad blood leaving. In this case, the bad blood is probably the assistant, and as Ginnie said, that person may not work for that director forever.

It may be complicated a bit by the fact that you sent them a nasty letter. I can understand why you did - you were justifiably upset, and the fact that the director had someone else call you seemed cowardly. From the director's point of view, it may have been more of the "averting glances": she didn't want to look you in the eye (phone you personally) to deliver the bad news, so she had someone else do it.

In the context of your question, 9.4 seems to be an optimistic line - I don't think the reading says, "No, you'll never work with her, the relationship is irredeemably damaged."

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
BTW I'm not sure the "working on your qualities" and "cultivating your garden" stuff has anything to do with it. Obviously you have to go on about your life. But I think we get too caught up in flowery language sometimes with the I Ching (no offense to flowers, of course. I like flowers :D).

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

you made my day!!!!!!!!!!

:pompom:

thanks to you all!

(about flowers: I'll keep on cultivating my garden anyway so that I'll be totally perfect when the time comes!)

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

:hug:

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I was quite happy about my previous reading.
But then the director lives in another city far away, and I don't know how I could rebuild a link with her.
So I have just asked How can I make it up with her? 18.1.4.5>1

By changing the bad that is in the past!
ok, I knew that already :)

But how?
18.1 says it's not that bad, I can easily amend it.
Although this line makes me think that the coreographer (he who made the corruption, who spoilt everything) will go away (die?!) and have no fault. It reminds me of the fact that one of you above said that it looked like he might disappear in a way in line 9.4. Which is creepy in a way.

18.4 says not to overlook what happened in the past, don't let it go
But that's what I did in February by sending them a letter where I actually underlined the fact that I was deeply disgusted and disappointed by the way they had treated me, and the answer was that I was probably not feeling well (first mail), and that I should have come up from the high place where I had put myself (I should have been more humble).
18.5 I can't do that by myself, I will need other people to help (can't really imagine WHO though) , and any way it won't be a creative bond.

But that 1 as second hexagram makes me think that something creative is in the air if I make peace with the director, don't you think?

So I've just asked: Is this the right moment to write a letter to her trying to get a sort of clarification between us? 15.5.6>53
This is a total ?? to me.
15.5 means again to not overlook things in the past, don't let them go. You need an energetic attitude, objective one, not go personal.
15.6 great energy is needed (again!). Put the army against yourself

Could all this mean that I should start the letter by apologising for the one I wrote to her in February?
Although I still agree with what I wrote actually. It was my point of view and they couldn't find any word to defend themselves but say that I was crazy or overfilled with myself.

Any help will be appreciated.
Should I write this letter or should I wait for something else to happen (I might go and see her new play in two months and try to speak to her then, although she's so famous she's always full of people around)

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Olga, I haven't tried to understand your new readings yet (and I don't understand a whole lot of readings lol), but just very quickly - no one ever said anyone was going to die. Just because a line text has the word "departed" or "deceased" in it does not mean anyone is going to die. It's a metaphor, and/or it's referring to some other aspect of your problem.

What we thought the previous reading meant was simply that this person who you don't get along with would not work for the director forever. Not that he or anyone else was going to die.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
:(

no one helping me? :weep:

I'm still too young to the i ching, and I can't understand these last two.
I keep thinking of this director every day, and I would really like to know how I could get close to her and how to mend things (18)

:flirt:

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
On 15>53 I also found this in the forum!

Your 15 to 53 feels a bit shaky to me .. makes me wanna say that it, too, speaks about your inner struggle with this: 'yeah, I should make my move and tend to my own needs' on the one hand (line 5) and then ' but oh, what if I"m being in the wrong/unreasonable/ arrogant with all this?' (line 6) . . could be there's an issue of loyalty (hx53) going on there for you . .

which is exactly how I feel now

And then a person asks:
"Is it time to give notice? 15.5.6 to 53
which sounds a lot like my question: is it the right time now to write to the director?

and someone answers:

This is a positive response from Yi, since all lines in hex 15 are positive. The meaning seems to be that you will need to use a bit of force or self-discipline to overcome your own resistance to change right now. It really is time to move on, yet you continue to watch and wait.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Write your letter and then ask the I Ching what it thinks of it . . .

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
As to your reading. Your description of H.18 is fairly accurate I'd say. 18.5 doesn't always mean actual people need to help you; it can also refer to aspects with in your own psyche need to be integrated or drawn together to tackle this problem. Yet, you must be very careful not to be too aggressive or too passionate in righting the wrongs. However, this does need to be solved. But it's the WAY you solve it that seems to be key.

H.15.6.>53 shows the same thing. The time has come for action but you must be extremely circumspect and modest in your "style" of communication. no hyperbole or blame; don't make a big deal of it. A letter is fine, but as you say, be objective and stick to the facts.

Overall, however I think you read the lines very well and have a good intuitive grasp on what you have to do. As you probably know, the problem isn't going to be solved all at once. You'll have to be patient as it's likely to be gradual return (53) to a more positive state of affairs.

So, I'd say write the letter, get the ball rolling but be modest and absolutely sincere. Then I think things will get moving again.

I wish you luck!

Topal

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
letter

Ok I wrote the letter.
I have no idea how she's going to reply! And I haven't asked Yi if it's a good letter or not because that's what I wanted to tell her.

I think I behaved myself (15) but still spoke sincerely. Don't know if I managed to mend (18) but that's the best I could do for the time being.

Proud of myself :cool:

Thanks to all the community for helping

:hugs:

ragini

visitor
Reaction score
olga I am replying to your original reading 9.3.4->10

I think 9.3 refers to a quarrel - in this case between you and the assistant, 9.4 refers to a possible resolution, either because the assistant leaves or because they will need you and are willing to put aside small squabbles. The relating hexagram may refer to playing your cards right and being cautious.

Not sure what suggestion I can give - remain open to the possibility that you could work with this director, but also do other things you have to do and maybe even look for other opportunities all while walking a fine line.

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I wrote the lettere almost a week ago, and since I received no reply I asked

What is the situation with the director now? 23.3.4.5>33
What effect did my letter have? 33.2.4.5>18

doesn't look positive at all :(
And they were all so positive just a month ago!! that 9>10 was so positive! :deadhorse:

It strikes me that 33 is in both questions. So does it mean that she's retrieving or that I should?

18 is mending. again. But did I succeed in mending?

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Well since everyone is asleep as it's 3 in the morning, I just asked

Did I succeed in mending? 39 unchanging
ok, I presume I didn't :(

What is the nature of the impasse? 28.4>48

I read it as: it's too difficult a situation for you, you can't bear it. It could be because I'm the only one who wants to mend while they don't care. So I'm doing all by myself, that's the impasse, the 39!

it's a really sad day today :(

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Did I succeed in mending? 39 unchanging

I take this to mean the following: that if you think it still needs mending, then that is trouble that you yourself have introduced into the mix. In reality, there is no trouble at present that is not in your own mind.

What is the nature of the impasse? 28.4>48

The ridgepole has been braced. It is no longer caving in at the middle. It would be best not to do anything further, as that might unbalance what has already been done.

So it seems that your letter was entirely successful!

The glitch in your thinking was in your interpretation of 39 unchanging, which I have found to mean that there is no blockage in reality; or, if there is a blockage, it is of your own making. Usually it is an imaginary blockage . . . or what we would call an inhibition. :)

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
oh really? :odd:

I had an opposite view but I really hope yours is the correct one
:hug:

It is true that there is a blockage in my head though: I keep thinking they should refund me the 250€ I spent on flights to go to that fake audition. Although I haven't mention it in the letter, I know it's something to eventually discuss face to face.

Ok so it's a nice nice day today :)
thank you ginnie :) :) :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).