...life can be translucent

Menu

Too many unchanging hexagrams for 1 day - health related

kafuka

visitor
Reaction score
I was thinking to go to a TCM therapist (it's been almost 6 months since the last time I went).

What if I go to therapist A? - 25 unchanging
What if I go to therapist B? - 2 unchanging

I didn't understand those readings so I asked:
How will my health improve if I go to therapist A? - 47 unchanging
How will my health improve if I go to therapist B? - 15.6>52

I'd really appreciate your insight because I'm rather lost with those readings :bows: but B option seems better, I think. Line 15.6: Fruitful to use this to mobilize the army kind of evokes in me a picture of an army of T-cells and B-cells that'd help me to fight whatever is behind my health problem, maybe?
Also, I was thinking, did I received unchanging casts because the answer is that direct, or because I can't expect any progress, that the condition will remain the same, I mean. Thank you for your help. :)

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
TCM = "traditional Chinese medicine"? (or so I gather from Google - is that correct?)

I agree with you that the readings seem more encouraging about therapist B. It might be that therapist B will be more receptive to you, and/or will try more things or explore more possiblities, or simply know more, than therapist A. There are certainly many good sides to unentanglement (hexagram 25), but you don't necessarily want a therapist who is, for example, unentangled in manner, or "innocent" of therapies. That might mean younger, less experienced, doesn't know as much - does that actually describe therapist A in real life?

And getting 47uc for how your health will improve with therapist A...not a place you want to see "confinement" or "oppression," I wouldn't think. 15.6 sounds much better.

BUT what pulled me into this thread was the title. "Too many unchanging hexagrams for 1 day". :rofl: I have felt exactly that way on many occasions.

I am always wary of unchanging hexagrams. Sometimes they are just very simple, direct statements, as you said. Yi doesn't have any more to say about it than, "Oppression," for example. One word (hexagram) will do.

But not necessarily. 2uc might mean a lot of "receptivity" to you, a lot of wide-open possibilities explored, which won't in the end actually amount to anything. I realize 15.6 also sounded encouraging, though. Putting the two together seems to help point to therapist B.

For general information, and to see if anything clicks with you about your readings, you might want to look at the following if you haven't already seen them:

There is a whole collection of threads in the Exploring Divination forum about unchanging hexagrams.

Here is an introductory thread on unchanging hexagrams in general.

And here is the index, where you can find links to the discussions about each specific unchanging hexagram. The one on hexagram 47 unchanging was, conveniently, just recently posted :).

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking to go to a TCM therapist (it's been almost 6 months since the last time I went).

What if I go to therapist A? - 25 unchanging
What if I go to therapist B? - 2 unchanging

I didn't understand those readings so I asked:
How will my health improve if I go to therapist A? - 47 unchanging
How will my health improve if I go to therapist B? - 15.6>52

I'd really appreciate your insight because I'm rather lost with those readings :bows: but B option seems better, I think. Line 15.6: Fruitful to use this to mobilize the army kind of evokes in me a picture of an army of T-cells and B-cells that'd help me to fight whatever is behind my health problem, maybe?
Also, I was thinking, did I received unchanging casts because the answer is that direct, or because I can't expect any progress, that the condition will remain the same, I mean. Thank you for your help. :)

This may sound odd but my feeling is do you actually need to see a therapist at all ? I just find the unchanging answers in this context non committal. The equivalent of a Yi shrug. These answers wouldn't send me rushing to either therapist, they'd make me question myself more about the nature of the problem.

Also I think probably should have stopped casting after asking and getting your answers of 25 and 2. Your next questions kind of tie Yi's hands behind it's back. 'how will my health improve if...' but what if neither makes much difference ? I mean you haven't given the space in the question to allow for that possibility. Anyway I accept people ask the questions that feel right for them so that's enough of that :mmf:

But looking at your following answers only confirms my feeling you don't need either therapist.

47uc is not a great answer for this question....and it makes me wonder if the source of this issue is excessive worry or sense of oppression about something.

15.6 also makes me think you can do this for yourself. That is you can make yourself feel a lot better if you stop trying to suffocate whatever it is that is calling you to act and break out of confinement. Are you trying to resist a wish of some kind ? If so then 15.6 would show you need to act, to do what you want and need to do. A therapist can't do that for you.

I think Yi is answering you rather than your specific question like...if Yi were a friend

you. I don't know which therapist to see

friend. Is it really a therapist you need right now ? (25uc and 2uc)

you . how do you mean ?

friend. I think you lost your mojo (47uc)

you. how

friend. there's something calling you to action (15.6)and you are ignoring that call (47) and that is affecting your health.

If that is way off it's going to be so way off it will be bizarre...so ignore, it's just my overall impression.

kafuka

visitor
Reaction score
Lisa, Trojina, thank to both of you. :bows:
And yes, I meant Traditional Chinese Medicine. Sorry, I should've written it in full.
I'll take time to think about what you both wrote, I'll sleep on it, and post a reply then.

kafuka

visitor
Reaction score
@lisa
Both the therapists are rather young but experienced enough, I believe; their methods are different though. The therapist A is a person I met during an interesting workshop they led, the therapist B treated me a few times before and is somewhat familiar with my problems.

Btw, the same day I asked some more questions about some supplements I've been using and got a few more unchanging hexagrams (that's why I wrote too many). I made urine test to test one of the supplement already and it seems to be good for me (it's the one I received 27u and 53u for).

Thank you for the links. I know about the threads. I always try to find many different resources dealing with the same readings, read through different books (I have 4), different explanations and stuff, but sometimes it's not sufficient for me to understand. I'm also not sure how to ask properly (especially to avoid yes/no questions) when trying to make a choice between more options. :(

@Trojina
It doesn't sound bizarre at all. You may be right that I don't necessarily need to rush seeing a therapist because if I go to any therapist they would probably just treat the result and not the root of the problem anyway. I really like your Yi vs. me dialogue and I think it's what this really is about. At least it makes a lot of sense to me.

I really lost my mojo, direction in my life and I've been having problems since then.
The problems escalated when I realized attraction towards the same sex. I hoped it's just a phase that will go away but it's been a year already and the feelings are just stronger...
I feel like I'd like to fly, to experience that part of myself, but I have a boyfriend who holds me on the ground. It took me whole year! to tell him. :brickwall: So if there's something I'm trying to resist it's probably my desire to be with a woman. It suffocates me that I can't act on it but on the other hand I'm not quite sure if it wouldn't be a mistake.:duh:

I should return to something, strip something away, make a reform of a kind... but even after so many readings I'm not sure if Yi advises me to leave my bf or leave the idea of me being gay, or something completely different. I know it sounds stupid but sometimes I don't know what's real anymore. My perception feels a little like one of the 55.2 or 20.2 lines. :bag:

Yesterday I asked What if I register on a dating site? and got 30.2.3>38 so it seems that Yi is not exactly opposed to the idea.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).