Reaction score
Hi,

44 doesn't bode well for a relationship. Probably there is sexual excitmement,
but 44 has an explicit warning :
"Do not marry x"

39.4.6 (33)
39: There are Obstacles (to this goal)
line 4: proceeding brings difficulties
line 6: going forward, more difficulties.
and 33: Retreat, keep inferior people away from you.

I think you are being advised to stear clear of this person,
That is how i would take it if i got this answer for myself.

Last edited:

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see how that is in any way unclear.
Restrain yourself.

star_crazy

visitor
Reaction score
Thankyou for your replies. There is a lot of complications involved as I am still with my present partner. The person I asked the iching about is a lot younger than me. I know there is obstacles to overcome. The pull towards each other is very strong. I asked just now if its advisable for me to stay clear of this person and I received 25-42 changing line 9 in the fourth position.

Thankyou :)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Why ask more questions when you already had the answer of 44uc which advises you not to 'marry' this influence. In other words don't invest wholly in this as a long term thing to be incorporated into your life...it was never meant to be that. Whatever it was may have been brief but inspiring or exciting but it isn't something to go on with. That was your answer. So why go on to ask about 'obstacles to be overcome' ?

The pull towards each other is very strong. I asked just now if its advisable for me to stay clear of this person

Well the pull will be very strong with 44...and you might unite briefly, but it isn't something to go on with.

star_crazy

visitor
Reaction score
I asked further questions because my gut feeling is telling me something different. My dreams have also shown me something different. I was interested to know if I should avoid this person completely. Although I shouldn't marry this person there could still be a purpose for our connection that appears to be very spiritual. I feel this person has come along to help me move on from the relationship I'm in that has been physically over for a long time. It is difficult when you are in a highly emotional state I know that. Do you feel the iching is advising me to not have a relationship of any kind with this person even maybe a sexual one ?
Thanks for your time :)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yi aside, if you need to leave your current partner then leave....don't use someone else as a getaway raft.

The 44uc was about your feelings....I would imagine your feelings are strong and there is the seductive idea that this other is a kind of rescue...but I think looking at this and other casts you are somewhat misguided in this idea.

You asked of the possibility of a relationship and got 39>33. It does not look easy but I think the obstacles to overcome are you being honest enough to leave the person you don't love and live alone for a while rather than look to the other as a saviour from your current relationship. I mean you would then be using your feelings as a way to escape responsibility for leaving the one you are with.

What are you really up to ? It's a question to ask yourself. Feelings may be strong in 44 but that doesn't mean they take you to a much better place.

Anyway you have free choice, there is no should/shouldn't here but overall I don't see that your strong feelings here necessarily bring you to a better place. But if you want to go there then go there.

The 44uc thread here http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/frie...ging-Castings-Hexagram-44&p=191257#post191257 may help especially if you look at chingching's post there. I think she said she was glad she had gained sexual confidence from her 44uc relationship though it did not last

star_crazy

visitor
Reaction score
Thankyou for your honesty.
My relationship has been over for a long time probably a couple of years if I'm honest. My partner is moving out as soon as he can. I guess because our relationship hasn't been close or sexual for a long time it's been refreshing to meet someone whom there is an mutual attraction and spiritual connection. I am consulting the iching to see if this is maybe someone that's come along to share some fun with as opposed to a relationship. I am not wanting a relationship as yes I need time to heal and get myself together again. Because I have felt such a strong connection It's took me by surprise. At this stage we have only shared conversations etc nothing has happened physically and I will not engage in anything physical until I'm feeling more balanced emotionally from my break up. I am only human I guess and it's good to feel admired after so long without that in my life. As I said my concern was the age gap also. I do love the iching at times like this it can save us a lot of heart ache.
I will tread carefully. I am not planning on jumping into a relationship with this person or anyone right now. I enjoy my own company and could do with a few years on my own.
I will look at the other thread and maybe that is something similar what is happening here in my life.
:bows:

star_crazy

visitor
Reaction score
regarding your comment about "using someone as a getaway raft" been there worn that Tshirt I will not be doing that again. My relationship has long been over and as I say my partner (ex partner) is moving out. This has been a mutual decision based on respect and kindness for each other as we no longer feel we should be together. The connection I'm feeling with the person in question has took us both by surprise it's very different to what I have felt before. More spiritual than sexual although I do find him very attractive and can sense he feels the same way as we've both had sexual dreams about each other that we have shared

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I asked further questions because my gut feeling is telling me something different.

I don't see why you are bothering with the Yi at all if you are just going to ignore this very clear advice.

star_crazy

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Bradford
I do not feel I'm ignoring the advice unless I'm completely missing something. The Yi is a guide, I feel now like I can clearly see there is no relationship withy this person. I do not however feel I have to completely cut off from what I am feeling, I shall explore with caution and enjoy the connection for what it is.
Am I missing the point ? Do you suggest I completely cut this person off and not even explore ?
Thankyou for your time

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
About overcoming Obstacles.....

In 39, it doesn't seem to be about Overcoming Obstacles.
(In the gung ho spirit of conquest or enterprise or good old fashioned stick-to-it-iveness)

It seems more about avoiding them altogether.
As in, "proceeding towards that person will bring you difficulties or misfortune"

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Ha ha Bradford I think I'm getting the message :)

You are not alone on 44 - while it has one of the most emphatic messages in the Yi, it's also the one people least want to understand, whether or not they have already been hijacked by the distraction.

star_crazy

visitor
Reaction score
Yes I was hi jacked :) Thankyou for snapping me back! Think the video done it lol
Wow! I do love the Yi. That was a first for me 44 it doesn't mess about does it! I:flirt:

star_crazy

visitor
Reaction score
Thankyou for the link Trojina reading the other ladies experience with 44 really helped me to see from a perspective where things could have ended up.

S

sooo

You are not alone on 44 - while it has one of the most emphatic messages in the Yi, it's also the one people least want to understand, whether or not they have already been hijacked by the distraction.

No hexagram is all good or all bad, remember? That was your mandate.

Yielding to authority, any authority, ones own strength to make choices for themselves which may go against convention, is nothing more than a serf, a slave to a self-proclaimed master. How many times doing the right thing for the wrong reasons have led to ultimate unhappiness, sometimes lasting a lifetime, can not even be counted. And the longer it goes on, the more of a tangled personal nightmare it may become, and the more difficult it becomes to extract oneself from a toxic, co-dependent relationship.

Yes, be mindful of your actions, star-crazy, but do not surrender your power to the source of your unhappiness, regardless of what any book or person tells you. Do not let them dominate you with their strong words; they're just words after all. You are the only one who must live your life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).