...life can be translucent

Menu

I've been burgled

louise

visitor
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my house was burgled last week and my computer was stolen. I have not been able to use Clarity - am now using internet in library. Asked I Ching what attitude to take to this burglary and got 45,line 3 and 6. I guess I understand line 3 - maybe I'll get some insurance money - line 6 I don't know. Any ideas that aren't condemnatory ? I'm not happy at not being able to visit Clarity often. Maybe I'll get a new computer some day. I do miss not being able to ask lots of questions !!

supanatural

visitor
Reaction score
Greetings To All....

Louise, My heart goes out to you. I know you have the stregnth to gather yourself together in this unfavorable enviroment. Please find a way to resist these negative thoughts that may drain you of the power you need to gather yourself together. I really enjoy the dialog you and I have exchanged. I really hope this can continue on. From someone who genuinly cares about you...SupaNatural.
I do no great things. I only do small things, with Great Love.

C

candid

Hi Louise,

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. The challenge ahead of you now is executing a successful retreat and protecting your emotional energy from spinning outward. Yes, as Supa pointed out, your recourse now is to gather yourself together. It may also imply gathering evidence needed to get your things back.

In either case, we optimistically anticipate you being back with us once again with your own computer soon.

Our positive thoughts are with you.

~Candid

alisa

visitor
Reaction score
Gosh, what a bummer Louise. My parents had their home burglarized about a month ago. The burglars took their leather recliner, computer, fax machine, two hand embroidered pillows, a blow dryer, camera, and three lottery scratchers tickets worth $12.00. My parents said they were gone only 30 minutes. The burglars had been watching them and the house for a while and were waiting for the most opportune time to go in. My parents did get money from insurance to replace those things, along with a home alarm system.

You just never know who is watching you, do you?

Maybe you have some fears that need releasing in meditation...to help loosen any addictions or attachments you (may) have to the material world.

Most homeowner's insurance policies cover burglaries. So, if you have it, it shouldn't be problem getting some $$ for it.

I was wondering where you've been Louise!

Hope you do

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh Louise, how horrible. Never mind the insurance money, if I lost all the information on this computer I'd be completely, unspeakably lost. (Thinks: must run another external backup, now!) I hope you're back up and running very soon, and asking those questions of yours
happy.gif

About 45 to 33 - 45 seems to be partly about what happened, looking at the Daxiang especially. Collect everything together in one place and it really needs defending. But hopefully Yi is being a little more helpful than that: there's more than one kind of 'gathering together', after all. Maybe this is an opportunity for focus and concentration in retreat... to leave some things definitively behind and mourn what you've lost. Line 6 is anything but condemnatory, it even says 'no mistake' in crying over it (the sense of exposure as well as the actual loss). This has left you with an enforced Retreat, so maybe this is a chance to gather your own inner resources together in your own mountain cave, withdrawing from contact for a while. #33 generally means there's more to be gained from being retiring.

(Hang on, this is really not the interpretation I want to write - the last thing I want to do is to encourage you to stay away! Probably no need for that retreat to last any longer than it takes to buy a new computer...)

willow

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Louise,

My thoughts to you too. Lamenting and sighing, yes.

Your hexagrams contain the idea of bringing an offering and undertaking something. I wonder if there is a way that you can respond to this violation by turning it into an offering.

Also there is the idea of renewing ones ability to meet the unforseen. I'm sure there are many ways to take that, but the one that comes to mind for me is seeing you in the library at the computer. I bet you didn't forsee that a week ago. Is there some way that you can expand the idea of the unforseen and make it bigger than the burglars? What you encounter in the library. How an enforced restriction on your participation here affects you. What you learn about the wonderful world of insurance. What things you might have lost that you had been taking for granted, almost forgotten you even had...

When I was a kid, it seemed that every time I had to go to the emergency room, there was a theme for the day. If I'd smashed my toe, you could count on it being foot-injury day. Or there would be three kids in at the same time with broken arms. So today I came to Clarity to post a question on a reading where I got Retreat! So even though my issues are different, you have company in your musings!

Best,
Willow

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Louise,

Question: What attitude should I take about the burglary?
45: 3,6 = 33.

45. The Judgement

Gathering Together. Success.
The king approaches his temple.

The king approaches his temple through a temple gate (torii in Japanese), and hexagram 45 visually resembles such a gate.

Line 3 is the line of loss and obstruction, and line 6 is the line of restriction and closure. Like a temple gate, Clarity is a means of spiritual access from which circumstance has obstructed and restricted you.

It furthers one to see the great man.
This brings success. Perseverance furthers.
To bring great offerings creates good fortune.
It furthers one to undertake something.

Worship transcends difficulty. Persons who worship typically believe that, although evil may momentarily dominate locally, the cosmic trend progresses toward good, so good is favored in the big picture and in the long run. Loses are real but temporary.

As the resolving hexagram, the Yi has given hexagram 33:

The Judgement

Retreat. Success.
In what is small, perseverance furthers.

Hexagram 33 (IMO) refers to a woman's withdrawal from strenuous affairs durning pregnancy.

Pregnancy is a time of preparation for something new. We withdraw to protect the vulnerable beginnings of new developments and vitalities, to protect what is small that it may grow. This is true generally -- beginners practice and rehearse in private before performing in public. It's like putting a cover over a seedling.

Supanatural wrote of resisting draining negative thoughts and gathering yourself together. Focusing on protecting and nurturing your expressions of life (including more good questions for us!) will help advance positive aspects of your situation.

Best wishes,
-Tom

D

dharma

This past week I found myself wondering where you had disappeared to Louise. I'm very sorry to hear what you've been going through.
sad.gif

It seems that you have, once again, major transformation at work in your life. Death and theft, very personal and intimate invasions, are oftentimes meant to be our teachers and true surrender is the lesson. Oh and pleease don't take what I say as a reason to blame self. This is all hard enough to deal with without adding on a false sense of power --like you coulda, woulda, shoulda. You know what I mean??

My intuition on the moving lines is that you should either consider moving away from this place if it is at all possible or to completely change your method of protection (self and home). Feel the feelings that this causes in you and let them go --don't let your losses and your feelings haunt you. Share this experience with others and find out how others can help you to fill in the now empty spaces.

Overall, the 45/33 says to me that you really need to gather it all in together in a very quiet and meditative space to determine what all these items you lost meant to you. So that you can then use their outer objective meaning to discover what the inner psychological significance is to you. When you discover what needs to go to make room for a newer you and a newer way of living, you will emerge like a butterfly from your cocoon.

If there's anything I can do, please don't hesitate to ask.

with love,
Dharma

D

dharma

I found this in my mail today and thought that by sharing it here it could inspire and possible have the power to shift perspective. Thinking of you Louise and hoping you are well despite recent events in your life.

Dharma

Is Your Hut Burning?

The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him, and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming. Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect Him from the elements, and to store his few possessions.

Then one day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky. The worst had happened; everything was lost. He was stunned with grief and anger.

"God, how could you do this to me!" He cried.

Early the next day, however, he was awakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island. It had come to rescue him."How did you know I was here?" asked the weary man of his rescuers."We saw your smoke signal," they replied.

It is easy to get discouraged when things are going bad. But we shouldn't lose heart, because God is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain and suffering. Remember, next time your little hut is burning to the ground-it just may be a smoke signal that summons the grace of God.

louise

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm back. Thanks for all your help -however I feel like a complete time waster because I made a mistake when I wrote I had thrown hexagram 45 !! It was actually 42 with lines 3 and 6 moving ! My excuse is I last posted here from a public library, where others were hassling me, and I was not thinking straight. I am annoyed with myself as you have spent time trying to help and I gave you the wrong hexagram. Sorry. Line 6 of 42 is quite condemnatory - but anyway I now have a new computer and I just hope no more burglars come and steal this one. Actually I think the burglary did have some positive effect as it forced me to deal with clearing out my deceased partners room, as the burglers turned the house upside down. I now have someone staying in that room and slightly better security - plus a new computer.
My grandmothers jewellry that she gave me was taken and that is really what has made me most sad as it has been in the family a long time. I do feel though that whoever took it cannot possibly profit from it - and I also feel that jewellry really soaks up the 'vibes' of the wearer, and that jewellry that is handed down through generations must have more special significance that other objects.
Thanks for all your responses, I'm really glad I'm back in touch.

louise

visitor
Reaction score
I thought line 6 of 42 was condemnatory as it says
if you do not give increase to anyone you will be attacked ?? Perhaps it meant I was holding on or hoarding things too much, or being unwilling to move on ?

alisa

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Louise,

Welcome back to Clarity.

Being robbed is a terrible experience...so I got some renter's insurance, although it was mostly for earthquakes. We (Californians) don't get too many of them, but when we do, I think more about loosing my stuff... :)

willow

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Louise, welcome back!

I'm sorry about your grandmother's jewelry - I would feel that loss most too. I don't feel like you wasted our time - it is a funny situation, but not at all a waste, to me.

Here is the LiSe interpretation to the changing 6th line of #42 - it's not necessarily condemnatory, but it points to the challenge of steadying your heart when great good (or harm) arrives.

"Above 9: Nothing increasing him. Someone beating him. The position of his heart is not steady. Pitfall.
When things come falling from heaven, (-in your lap) it is often because your own attitude summoned them, but only a steady heart can have a real attitude. If you cannot live without plenty, your own fears will chase either the plenty or the joy, as long as you have it, and you will be unhappy when you don?t have it. When your heart feels rich in all circumstances, you will probably end up rich in all senses. You will be what you truly believe. Many poor people cannot become rich, not even when they win the lottery. It is because in their heart they are poor and money cannot change that. Their heart goes an acquired course instead of its own course."

D

dharma

Hi Louise!

I was thinking about you last night and wondering if we'd ever hear from you again (honest!)....I guess I was picking up your "return" on a telepathic level. Your absence has been felt...you've been missed. Glad to have you back
happy.gif

As Willow said, you certainly haven't wasted anyone's time here though I can understand that your error frustrated you into working on the actual hexagrams on your own.

Regarding the 'supposed' error --perhaps it wasn't an error at all. 45 becoming 33 seems to me to have been more a message for those of us here regarding your necessary, though temporary, departure.

I've had a similar sort of thing (accidentally reading the wrong hexagram) happen to me a few times but I am not yet certain as to it's overall significance. I am keeping better records of my castings for future reference. I believe that there really are no accidents and that there is always something to be gleaned even from those instances where a "meaningless" error seems to have occured.

It's very similar to the odd Tarot card flying or dropping out of the deck as I prepare for a reading. I consider it a most relevant card to the overall reading --at least this is what my experience has shown.

For a long time I didn't know what to make of the "extra" card that was accidentally drawn along with the rest but I have since given it a special spot in the overall layout should it occur.

In anycase, focusing on the 3rd changing line of #42, one of my books says:

"What seems like an unfortunate occurance will actually turn out to your benefit. Don't worry about it."

In another book: "In times of great achievement and success it is possible for even difficulties and failures to turn out to be advantageous."

This is precisely how things seem to have evolved for you in the long run. And Willow's interpretation of the 9th line pretty much describes your experience of the loss overall during your absence.

Personally, I am most glad to hear your voice once again. There are a zillion questions just itching to be asked, which I believe is one of the special talents that you possess and bring to this forum.

Dharma

louise

visitor
Reaction score
Very belated Thankyou to Dharma and Willow. What you wrote was meaningful to me. The burglary did affect me on many levels - Willow wrote maybe i could see it as bigger than a burglary as in dealing with the unforseen and it did make me reflect a great deal on that. Many things that were stolen I did not even notice till a month later !! Leaving me to reflect on how much 'stuff'
I had, and reassess my whole relation with 'things'. As it turned out money i got from the insurance claim, came when desperately needed, and I sustained no great losses other than some sadness on losing my grandmothers jewellry. In a a sense even this had a positive side, as my mother and sister bought me some beautiful replacement jewellery for my birthday which is like kind of having new family heirlooms.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).