...life can be translucent

Menu

figures of nihilism 7.5 to 29

jiang

visitor
Reaction score
A man comes to the conclusion that his lifelong search for the meaning of life has produced nothing. All philosophers who he has studied appear not to be more than figures of nihilism. They all deny the reality of life and death and present an ideal image in its place. He realizes that it makes no sense to seek even further. He feels hanging between Heaven and Earth and wonders what to do now? He cast 7.5 to 29
Insights in this casting are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
He realizes that it makes no sense to seek even further. He feels hanging between Heaven and Earth and wonders what to do now? He cast 7.5 to 29

still... "there is a game in the field"

I don't consider myself nihilist yet I'm not sure if there is an intrinsic meaning somewhere hidden waiting for us to find it. Accepting that life has not meaning ( intrinsic) creates that feeling of "hanging between Heaven and Earth" or being in a pit (h29) , yet, in my opinion gives a sense of freedom. There is a shade of rigidity in 7.5 as opposed to the fluidly of 29- that flux, that flow is what I mean by freedom.

G

goddessliss

Hi jiang, I've been where you are - ya just gotta believe in what you believe in and not follow anyone else's belief system but your own, cause if you don't you only go to that space that feeling that Hex 29 represents.
Good idea not to try and find the answers and the meaning of life but just to live your life and if you go through moments of despair - which I've done many times - know that they are just part of life. Some feel it more than others. - Liss

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Would you like for me to change "figures of nihilism 7.529" to "figures of nihilism 7.5 to 29"?

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
I've known many people attracted to the teachings of one writer (philosopher) or another.
Something many of them fail to recognize at the outset (or ever analyze at all) is the reason for their attraction to the ideas of the writer. What is it that resonates within the reader? Is it a hope of overcoming something in the outer world (or inner)? I don't think it incorrect to say that there are situations where an individual readers psychological makeup or life experience and emotions cause them to latch on to a particular ideology. Perhaps in some cases it is purely intellectual curiousity but, it seems to me that often a reader is essentially reaching out, searching for help. And what i consider to be the best writers are the ones that share the gift of their own personal triumphs with the inner and outer world: Ones that help others

You mentioned 'hanging between heaven and earth'.
I'm reminded from tai chi of heaven chi and earth chi, and that it unites within the human or in human chi.
And of hex 11: Heaven and Earth unite, their offspring (you and me) furthers an enhances the gifts of heaven and earth and so aids the people.
About the 'hanging' part; to me it sounds like a helpless hopeless dangling, and moreover like an inactive state of being. But it is an illusion. We all have power to affect things and people and ourselves.
Wiggle your toes (if you have toes) for proof, or hold your breath for a moment to get a sense of your own power.

And by the way, what is eating at you?

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
What to do now?
7.5 > 29

Six in the fifth place means:
There is game in the field.
It furthers one to catch it.
Without blame.

Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth? Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him? (Ecclesiates 3: 21-2)

Do your portion, and you will have an enduring satisfaction that even death cannot take away from you.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
A man comes to the conclusion that his lifelong search for the meaning of life has produced nothing. All philosophers who he has studied appear not to be more than figures of nihilism. They all deny the reality of life and death and present an ideal image in its place. He realizes that it makes no sense to seek even further. He feels hanging between Heaven and Earth and wonders what to do now? He cast 7.5 to 29

Hah well my first thought was nihilism is a man's game and I bet these philosophers you speak of are all men ? It's a generalisation but I think women are more enmeshed in the actual living of life ....and there is no time for nihilism in giving birth and bringing up children.

What does that have to do with 7.5 ? I think it means there are things for you to be getting on with and I think it is time to be strategic, plan action, take charge.

You said you felt hanging between heaven and earth and that is what made me wonder if the the whole heavy baggage of male philosophers was getting unhealthy, too much heaven and 'what are we here for there is no point blah blah' and not enough earth, linking into the more female realms of experience.

I say ditch the philosophers and get more involved in day to life and day to day pleasures.

G

goddessliss

Bodhidharma laughed for seven days when he became enlightened -- nonstop. His friends became very worried; they thought he had gone insane. They asked him, "What is the matter? Why are you laughing?"
He said, "I am laughing because now I see the whole ridiculousness of my search. I have been searching for lives together for the truth, and it has always been within me. What I was searching for was in the seeker himself. I was looking everywhere and it was within me. I was running hither and thither and there was no need to run anywhere. I could have just calmed myself down, and it was mine. It has always been mine. From the very beginning it was within me. It is my innermost being, my very being.
"The seeker is the sought -- that's why I am laughing. I cannot believe how I could remain in such a deception for so long, how I managed to be such a fool. And I am also laughing because I see all around millions of people searching in the same way -- searching for bliss, for God, for truth, for nirvana -- and all that they are searching and seeking and looking for can be found within themselves. There is no need to go anywhere. There is no need to do anything. Just close your eyes and look within, and the kingdom of God is yours. Hence, I cannot stop laughing."
~ Osho

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Osho's conception of Zorba the Buddha, two 'different' ideas integrated in one , which apparently are not that different, was an eye-opening encounter for me.

Zorba the Greek, by N. Kazantzakis is a bitter-sweet but wonderful book. Highly recommended !!!

lodro

visitor
Reaction score
I think this reading says that Jiang is behaving like the younger brother, carting corpses and carrying on like that doesn’t lead anywhere useful. So Trojina’s advice to take command in a grounded and practical way is apt.

Perhaps this line shows the options: one can be like the younger bro and get bogged in the dead end, depressing tasks or be the commander who organises catching the game.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).