...life can be translucent

Menu

What do you think; dilemma... guy I like. Help!

RosyRoos

visitor
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm in a dilemma. There's a guy who I''ve known for several years and am friends with, but it was a couple of months ago that we got to really sit down and talk with eachother, and we clicked really well. He seemed to enjoy my company, and often when he had the chance he would sit down and talk to me. It kind of happened unexpectedly that I developed some feelings for him, he's a great guy (first letter of his name is B). B lives in another country, and I will be moving there to work next year. I sent B a birthday present, and he sent me an e-mail saying he was very happy, started telling all kinds of things, what he was doing that day etc., but all on friendly terms, or maybe I'm blind to seeing certain signs, or understanding them. We've had some more email exchanges, discussing normal things, but then B. would take longer to respond, and then just stopped altogether.

Sometimes, I think I'm just too desperate, and start seeing things that aren't there, but there was this little hope that maybe he has an interest in me as well.

Thing is, B broke up with his girlfriend about three years ago, he was with her for 3 years, and he's still very hurt by that. Maybe he is interested, but just isn't ready? But why not mail back, even if we're friends? It just makes me feel insecure about myself, maybe I said something wrong at some point, I don't know. Or maybe he just got bored. I was just being me, acting on friendly terms (never mentioned any of my feelings or anything).

During this time, I have asked I Ching several questions, I'm not good at asking the right question, but I have often faith that I Ching will answer as honestly as possible, regardless of the way I ask my question. Or so it has been my experience. I should probably learn how to ask questions better though :eek: And probably refrain from asking so many questions on the same subject.

They are, in order:

Q: Dear I Ching, what are your thoughts concerning B feelings for me?
18.4 -> 50
Work on what has been spoiled [ Decay ] -> The Caldron

Changing line:

Six in the fourth place means:

Tolerating what has been spoiled by the father.
In continuing one sees humiliation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Dear I Ching, what are your thoughts of my exchange betw B and me? I'm afraid
53.2.3.6 -> 29

Development (Gradual Progress) -> The Abysmal (Water)

Changing lines:

Six in the second place means:

The wild goose gradually draws near the cliff.
Eating and drinking in peace and concord.
Good fortune.

Nine in the third place means:

The wild goose gradually draws near the plateau.
The man goes forth and does not return.
The woman carries a child but does not bring it forth.
Misfortune.
It furthers one to fight off robbers.

Nine at the top means:

The wild goose gradually draws near the clouds heights.
Its feathers can be used for the sacred dance.
Good fortune.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Dear I Ching, is a romantic relationship possible between B and me?
46.2.3.6 -> 23

Pushing Upward -> Splitting Apart

Changing lines:

Six in the second place means:

The bed is split at the edge.
Those who persevere are destroyed.
Misfortune.

Six in the third place means:

He splits with them. No blame.

Nine at the top means:

There is a large fruit still uneaten.
The superior man receives a carriage.
The house of the inferior man is split apart.
Dear I Ching, I don't know anymore what to do, how to feel. Could you please help me?

Holding Together [union]

Last one, when he stopped responding altogether:

Q: Dear I Ching, what are your thoughts in the present moment of B and me, is there anything important [I should know]?
60.2 -> 3

Limitation -> Difficulty at the Beginning

Changing line:

Nine in the second place means:

Not going out of the gate and the courtyard
Brings misfortune.

------

The overall message I seem to be getting is: Get your head out of the sand, don't put so much energy into this, and give things time. Something may happen or it may not, but the best thing to do would be to focus on my job now, and then I'll see how it goes from there. I guess, there's no cheating with I Ching, it won't tell me if he actually feels anything for me. But overall, I don't think he does. I guess it hurts, and that may be why it's hard to accept.

Hope you can help and offer me your thoughts and insight.

K.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Q: Dear I Ching, is a romantic relationship possible between B and me?
46.2.3.6 -> 23

You were looking at the moving lines in 23 when you ought to be looking at the moving lines in 46.

Often when we get three moving lines, it is best to consult mainly the middle one. In this case, that would be 46.3. I'm afraid this is not really such a happy line: "rising in an empty city." It seems easy to advance, but what most often happens is some sort of surprise disappointment, such as you have experienced. On occasion the other person has an illness and that is the cause of the disappointment. In any case, the situation seems so safe that one lets one's guard down and then may end up hurt. I think you have interpreted correctly, and that the I Ching is telling you to put less of yourself into this relationship. :)

RosyRoos

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your input ginnie. I'm slowly coming to terms to let go, and focus more on myself. :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).