...life can be translucent

Menu

31 and Attracting More Financial Prosperity

richlovejoy

visitor
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to help me better understand the meaning of Hex 31 - Influence (Wooing). My question to the Yi was -
Which hexagram should I focus on that will help attract more financial prosperity into my life now and I got 31 w/ no changing lines. I am having trouble trying to understand how the hexagram is answering my question by its meaning ... specifically -
1. " ... to take a maiden to wife brings good fortune" in relation to my question and
2. the superior man encourages people to approach him by his readiness to receive them ... "

Any and all assistance is most appreciated.

Sincerely,
RichLoveJOy

richlovejoy

visitor
Reaction score
P.S. I mistakenly posted this thread twice and do not know how to delete one - if anyone can also assist with that that would be great too !!

B

bruce

Hi again, Richlovejoy.

As a sales trainer, way back yonder, I used to tell the folks: the difference between seduction and courtship is often just an appointment.

Ethics and trust are determined by professionalism and empathy.

This, in business, can be illustrated by hexagram 31.

lightofdarkness

(deceased)
Reaction score
from a universal perspective, 31 shares space with 33 and they cover the generic notion of enticement - 31 is unconditional and cooperative, 33 is conditional and competitive.

Move to an even more generic level and the context is on blocking, self-restraint etc (mountain base) that when developed leads into quality control (discernment - mountain in top) - So we have mountain in lower reflecting self-restraint. In higher that restraint is made proactive, we develop discernment.

Move to an even MORE generic level and the context is about issues of sharing space with another/others 'mentally'.

31 translates as 'restrained joining' where the joining, the intensity in expression, is in the form of sharing space with another externally (lake top, intensity in expression) and that is operating in the 'block', and so self-restraint, context set by mountain in the lower position.

33 is competitive, we seek to 'draw in' the enemy etc, to channel and control mediation dynamics. IT is also conditional, particular, when compared to 31.

The skeletal form of 31, its raw architecture, is described in general by analogy to hexagram 13 with the focus on 'likemindedness'.

001110 31
100001 27 (the bit mask used to extract 27-ness)
----------
101111 13

For 33 ITs raw architecture is described in general by analogy to hexagram 49. (revolution, revelation, see what is 'behind' the mask etc etc - as we draw in the 'enemy' we then reveal our 'true' intent; 33 is also associated with trickary)

001111 33
100001 27
-------
101110 49

Chris.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Surplus thread duly deleted.

I really like this question and answer. Attract abundance by becoming attractive -
wink.gif
- opening out, creating a space for it. The Image especially: when you ask for 'money' to come to you what you are really asking about it attracting people to welcome whatever you have to offer them. (Better make space to find out what it is.)

richlovejoy

visitor
Reaction score
That's great Hilary - thanks for deleting that. Actually, in my mind my idea of 'attracting" more money into my life was more in the "attracting lottery dollars to me by winning the jackpot!" In all seriousness though, I feel I am at the point that I am really tired of office work and that there is truly something for me to do that is more in tune with my purpose ie: like being married to my partner and being a stay at home mom (there is a "brief" thread about my situation with my partner in http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/cgi-bin/discus/board-profile.cgi?action=view_profile&profile=richlovejoy-users

but then, there's still the bills to pay, etc etc And believe me, I have been doing everything and anything I can to make space to find out what it is .... I start thinking well, maybe everything I desire is working out in divine law and order and I just have to continue to be patient and that is what I try and keep in mind all the time but on those days when the last thing you want to do is come to a job that is totally unfullfilling, when you know in your heart of hearts there is something more that you could/should be doing, it can definitely get frustrating/depressing at times ...

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).